Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. A lot of the times I've done that (that I can remember at least) is to keep something I find quintessentially American from OTL also American ITTL. I did that with Charlie Chaplin (who, to be fair, I didn't even know was British before I researched him for this) one of Hollywood's most iconic figures of all time, I'm doing that with Naismith to keep basketball, one of the most popular American sports, and I've probably done it various other times as well. I should mention that there's a pretty big British discovery/invention that will definitely stay British ITTL and will give them a leg up in the future...
My guess is radar.

Blacks: Fredrick Douglass, Mickey Leland, Michelle Lavaughn
Women: Victoria Woodhull, Edith Bolling, Ann Richards, Michelle Lavaughn, Susana Martinez
Hispanic: Susana Martinez
Asian: Andrew Yang

Women: Victoria Woodhull, Edith Bolling, Ann Richards, Michelle Lavaughn, Susana Martinez
Good predictions, but you forgot 3 women and the Native American.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I'd like to update my guesses.

Black: Frederick Douglass, Shirley Chisholm, Ron Dellums
Asian: Hiram Fong
Native: Wilma Mankiller
Female: Victoria Woodhull, Nellie Tayloe Ross, Margaret Chase Smith, Shirley Chisholm, Wilma Mankiller, Susana Martinez, Elizabeth May
Electoral College Repealer: John F. Kennedy

Last edited:
So here is the update
Women: Victoria Woodhull, Edith Bolling, Ann Richards, Michelle Lavaughn, Susana Martinez, Kamala Harris, Jill Stein, Elizabeth Warren
Native American: Ben Nighthorse Campbell

Alright, people, I'm thinking of--after 1917 is finished up--covering the entire year of 1918 in a total of four longer chapters, each focusing on a different continent (North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa). The fact of the matter is, 1918 is really just more of the same when it comes to the Grand War, and nothing really exciting happens until 1919. I'm running out of ways to say, "They shot at each other," and I'm sure most people reading this are getting at least a little tired of all this war.

1919 is when the fun stuff starts to happen, when everyone's at the end of their rope and just want the war to end.

(I'm also working on a post right now about Asia, so keep an eye out for that!)

Alright, people, I'm thinking of--after 1917 is finished up--covering the entire year of 1918 in a total of four longer chapters, each focusing on a different continent (North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa). The fact of the matter is, 1918 is really just more of the same when it comes to the Grand War, and nothing really exciting happens until 1919. I'm running out of ways to say, "They shot at each other," and I'm sure most people reading this are getting at least a little tired of all this war.

1919 is when the fun stuff starts to happen, when everyone's at the end of their rope and just want the war to end.

Thank you, HeX. I'm thinking that 1919 could start seeing some countries collapse under their own weight?

Sounds quite fair to summarize 1918, as one of the defining characteristic of the First World War was near-static troop positioning. Speaking of war weariness, any good candidates to write a TTL equivalent of "All Quiet on the Western Front" expressing the psychological and physical scars left by the Grand War? (I say equivalent only because the European theater is quite different in AMPU than OTL, the toughest trench warfare might well be in Asia or America).