I was talking about (Caucasian) Georgia, not Russia, but fair enough.
Well, yeah, I know he was Georgian, but I've still seen way too many timelines with way too many Stalins in charge.

And regarding Korean culture, will there still be an analogue to OTL's Hallyu?
Yes, but Korean pop culture will be so different (influenced by Chinese and Japanese sources, due to Asia hating itself less) that it can't really be accurately compared.

Just don't expect any K-pop.

Well, yeah, I know he was Georgian, but I've still seen way too many timelines with way too many Stalins in charge.

Yes, but Korean pop culture will be so different (influenced by Chinese and Japanese sources, due to Asia hating itself less) that it can't really be accurately compared.

Just don't expect any K-pop.
As someone who isn't exactly fond of Great Man Theory (history is as much influenced by macro trends caused by people moving at large instead of just a few Great Men, at worst), I'm actually keen on Mr Stalin remaining a nobody. I mean, OTL activists became TTL politicians and vice versa.

K-pop was borne out of a specific set of circumstances OTL (and I'd imagine there's no Korean War to massively disrupt Korea's OTL development; there's no Japanese occupation either) so I'm not surprised it's butterflied away.

Stalin will either be a complete nobody or the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church (since he was in seminary IOTL before becoming a communist revolutionary). I haven't decided which but I'm leaning toward the former.
Father Stalin is a criminally underused idea. I actually had an idea for a TL where him and Rasputin overthrow the Czar and establish a Russian theocracy.

I find Stalin to be way too overused in AH, so I'm either going to make him do nothing or put him in a situation I've never seen him in.
Russian mafia leader Stalin? He had all the skills suitable for organized crime and his first notable action as a revolutionary was staging a bank robbery.

You know, when Frederick Douglass escaped from slavery IOTL, he fled to Ireland where he became close friends with Daniel O’Connell. I’d imagine that would make great propaganda for American soldiers fighting in Ireland.

You know, when Frederick Douglass escaped from slavery IOTL, he fled to Ireland where he became close friends with Daniel O’Connell. I’d imagine that would make great propaganda for American soldiers fighting in Ireland.
The trouble with that is that Frederick Douglass never escaped from slavery ITTL. Maryland began the process of gradual emancipation in 1822 (and Douglass, being under ten years old at the time, was immediately freed) and he therefore never went to Ireland. Douglass also spent most of his life living in Baltimore.

10962b10.jpg

German colonial uniform. (figured the lighter style would work as the same was done by OTL colonial empires in the latter period.)
DaQR17vXkAAGpAB.jpg

Early Phantom war german soldier, gas mask was frequently issued due to fear of WMDs at the time. (though it would only really be for chemical attacks in all honesty)
Unknown-3.jpeg

F22 and its fighter bomber concept, FB22. (I just love the FB22 concept and it makes sense being adopted TTL, the US strategic situation by the latter era in the spoilers I have seen has less need for massive strategic bombers due to range differences.)
280px-YF-23_exhaust.jpg

German ME 23 stealth fighter. (I couldn't leave out this you know...)
220px-DownfallClipScreenshot.jpg

"FELTON, FELTON, FELTON." Downfall, portraying the last days of Oswald Mosley, famous in the German, Brazilian and Chinese internet for parodies inaccurately subtitled for certain plots.
Unknown-4.jpeg

Arado e555, a phantom war era German bomber of the 60s, however retired later in favor of more affordable supersonic strike fighters in the 90s.

I had a thought regarding the promised Phantom War (though this might apply no matter which countries end up on opposite sides). Excluding Vespasianism, are there particular ideologies TTL that attract people partially as an alternative to American thought? Something like a postwar European or African interest in Confucian social organization, for instance.