i hope Bill cilntion but i guess nixon
hes the one who's disliked so much he's not even controversial .ford and LGB are boring and not that well know. cilntion and bush are pushing the "no modren politcs " rule..considering cilntion is still alive and bush died two years ago.
final OTL president?
so no obama then ...

i hope Bill cilntion but i guess nixon
hes the one who's disliked so much he's not even controversial .ford and LGB are boring and not that well know. cilntion and bush are pushing the "no modren politcs " rule..considering cilntion is still alive and bush died two years ago.
final OTL president?
so no obama then ...
That doesnt mean hes the last person who is from our timeline, it just means that hes the lasy person from otl who was president of the US in otl to be president ITTL. At least it only has to mean that much.

Ok, I thinks its either Reagan because, you cant have a Cold War optimist America without Reagan, or Nixon because he couldve been so great buy he made some big mistakes that he needs redemption for

I'd cast my vote for Jimmy Carter. Not sure that he was the best President OTL, but you can't deny that he's an all-around good person.

Tricky Dick deserves to be relegated to a used car salesman.

That doesnt mean hes the last person who is from our timeline, it just means that hes the lasy person from otl who was president of the US in otl to be president ITTL. At least it only has to mean that much.
I'll be using OTL politicians and public figures for the entire timeline, but yeah, this is the last person who was chief executive IOTL who will also hold the role ITTL.

cilntion and bush are pushing the "no modren politcs " rule..considering cilntion is still alive and bush died two years ago.
final OTL president?
so no obama then ...
It would be modern politics if I were to make a TL that diverges in, say, 2008 and focuses on an alt-Obama presidency. But if Obama shows up as president in a timeline that diverged in the 1770s that's hardly modern politics since the political landscape is so different ITTL from OTL.

I'll be using OTL politicians and public figures for the entire timeline, but yeah, this is the last person who was chief executive IOTL who will also hold the role ITTL.

It would be modern politics if I were to make a TL that diverges in, say, 2008 and focuses on an alt-Obama presidency. But if Obama shows up as president in a timeline that diverged in the 1770s that's hardly modern politics since the political landscape is so different ITTL from OTL.
I think if Obama was a governor instead it would be a decent shift.

Here's a nutty suggestion. Why not have Fred Trump marry someone over the Mary Anne Mcload, thus butterflying the birth of Doanld jhon trump. Instead Fred differnet with gives him a daughter who is kinda of the oppiste of otl donald. I would name her either Donna Joan Trump or Joan Donna Trump

Here's a nutty suggestion. Why not have Fred Trump marry someone over the Mary Anne Mcload, thus butterflying the birth of Doanld jhon trump. Instead Fred differnet with gives him a daughter who is kinda of the oppiste of otl donald. I would name her either Donna Joan Trump or Joan Donna Trump
Eh, @HeX doesn't like butterflying people.

Eh, @HeX doesn't like butterflying people.
Considering these two options here’s an idea. The Drumfs stay in Germany and become a genuinely successful business family. Maybe Donald becomes a minor politician and is mentioned briefly in a dialogue thing.

Why don’t have Reagan still be that flawed “trickle down economics” man who’ve set up the conflict of the 2000’s later on? He can still be one, only with the optimism greatly accentuated.

Why don’t have Reagan still be that flawed “trickle down economics” man who’ve set up the conflict of the 2000’s later on? He can still be one, only with the optimism greatly accentuated.
Given how TTL's United States is being set up to have a more left-wing "Overton Window" by the present day, I really don't see how Reaganomics could gain traction here.

Given how TTL's United States is being set up to have a more left-wing "Overton Window" by the present day, I really don't see how Reaganomics could gain traction here.
The US will actually have two Overton Windows--one for social politics, and one for economic politics. The social window will be pretty far left, with racism and sexism... almost non-existent (sexism a tad more prevalent but racism for all intents and purposes extinct) outside of some "good-natured" stereotyping and homophobia far, far less prevalent (though regrettably still nominally present in America's more religious areas, which I feel is realistic but still adheres to the hopefulness of this TL). The economic window will be further left than OTL, but not quite as far left as, say, the Nordic countries. Laissez-faire is dead in the water, but something resembling OTL Reaganomics isn't too alien, even if the US will be much more of a social democracy ITTL.

1) What is the status of a certain Mr. Dzhugashvili ITTL?
Stalin will either be a complete nobody or the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church (since he was in seminary IOTL before becoming a communist revolutionary). I haven't decided which but I'm leaning toward the former.

3) Will anime/manga make it big?
...Yes, and no. Anime/manga will be more restrained ITTL, more like Western animation than the zany, weird, off-the-wall monstrosity it is IOTL. This is for reasons I can't divulge yet because... spoilers.

On that note, how's Korean pop culture TTL?
Right now, it's not doing much. China and Korea don't really have what we would consider "pop culture" right now. That'll develop in the Interwar Period.

Stalin will either be a complete nobody or the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church (since he was in seminary IOTL before becoming a communist revolutionary). I haven't decided which but I'm leaning toward the former.
What about you make him a political leader in his home country instead?

@HeX: interesting. I'm assuming anime is more restrained due to being far less escapist, since OTL Japanese society took to Western corporate culture like a fish to water and embraced it to extents the West would be shocked at.

And regarding Korean culture, will there still be an analogue to OTL's Hallyu?