A More Perfect Union: An Alternate History of the Land of the Free

OTL is, as far as things go, middle-of-the-road. A lot of bad stuff happened, but a lot of good did, too.

The worst possible timeline is probably total nuclear annihilation or a 1984 situation. Even WMiT has a few halfway-decent human beings in it.
In the newspeak section of 1984 it is implied that the regime eventually falls. But a permanent 1984 situation is probably worst next to annihilation.

OTL is, as far as things go, middle-of-the-road. A lot of bad stuff happened, but a lot of good did, too.

The worst possible timeline is probably total nuclear annihilation or a 1984 situation. Even WMiT has a few halfway-decent human beings in it.
HeX: Napoleon said that by the end, the WMIT timeline will be so bad that its destruction via climate change or total nuclear annihilation would be a mercy. WMIT might also devolve into a 1984 situation but that's a discussion for that thread. Speaking of which, if you were interested in the writing competition, that is the link. https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/writing-contest-no-3-textbook-tank-bowl.481172/
On to the discussion at hand: Maybe a better Britain (where it doesn't become as authoritarian) could be in the scenarios for "How could this be made better". Or perhaps no Falcon rebellion?

Does anyone know how the middle East is going to turn out after the call of the Ottoman Empire? In OTL it was given to France and England but that's not happening here. With the potential loss of Egypt by the British there seems to be a power vacuum in the area. Other then the protection of the Suez Canal would the region be left to fend for itself?

I've been thinking about how my favorite not sport wrestling would evolve both in ittl and in wmit. The only thing I can come to is that the UK will be the eternal foreign heel for all promotions that run in the U.S's sphere of influence.

I've been thinking about how my favorite not sport wrestling would evolve both in ittl and in wmit. The only thing I can come to is that the UK will be the eternal foreign heel for all promotions that run in the U.S's sphere of influence.

Would people still use the king moniker like Jerry Lawler? Unless your playing a hero the king title wouldn't be used.

Alright guys and gals, I'm in a bit of a predicament. I know you're all excited for the next update, which is in the works. However, that term of creative stewing might take a bit longer than usual, for a number of reasons. The biggest is that there's only so many ways for me to write about war and keep everything interesting, but that's something I can usually easily move past--I've done it before. The runner-up to that reason (this is actually the biggest mental block, who am I kidding) is this girl at my high school that I really like. I have the situation handled and all that, but even though I'm pursuing her romantically I still just can't get her off of my mind. If I have trouble concentrating on graded assignments and studying for school because of that, then you can imagine the hoops my brain has to jump through to focus on creative side projects such as AMPU.

Now, that does not mean this TL is dead or even on hiatus. It just means I might be a little less active on the site for a few weeks or even months than I previously have been. I won't lie, the switch of forum softwares has also jarred me a bit and I think I also need some reacclimation time to a few of the changes, but really most of my problem is this girl. Sorry about that.

And, as for the girl, well, I'm not throwing away my shot, but I still think I might have to wait for it.

Alright guys and gals, I'm in a bit of a predicament. I know you're all excited for the next update, which is in the works. However, that term of creative stewing might take a bit longer than usual, for a number of reasons. The biggest is that there's only so many ways for me to write about war and keep everything interesting, but that's something I can usually easily move past--I've done it before. The runner-up to that reason (this is actually the biggest mental block, who am I kidding) is this girl at my high school that I really like. I have the situation handled and all that, but even though I'm pursuing her romantically I still just can't get her off of my mind. If I have trouble concentrating on graded assignments and studying for school because of that, then you can imagine the hoops my brain has to jump through to focus on creative side projects such as AMPU.

Now, that does not mean this TL is dead or even on hiatus. It just means I might be a little less active on the site for a few weeks or even months than I previously have been. I won't lie, the switch of forum softwares has also jarred me a bit and I think I also need some reacclimation time to a few of the changes, but really most of my problem is this girl. Sorry about that.

And, as for the girl, well, I'm not throwing away my shot, but I still think I might have to wait for it.
Good luck dude. Sucks well have to wait so long for new chapters of this and your new timeline but your personal life is more important. Cant wait until you can come back in full force!

Nice to find another teen student like myself. I don’t know if one post could really kill this thread. Anyways, good luck with the girl.

My last post sounded kinda insensitive. Sorry. It’s kinda amazing that you (@HeX) can write this entire TL as a teenager. Wouldn’t it be funny if that girl you like is on this site? Anyway, you don’t have to be sorry for having a personal life. Still, can’t wait for a More Perfect Chapter to be added to this TL

Just got through this fairly large TL over a few days. Not sure I agree with all the butterflies but it has been an enjoyable read all around. I look forward to more.

Good luck dude. Sucks well have to wait so long for new chapters of this and your new timeline but your personal life is more important. Cant wait until you can come back in full force!
Thanks!

Nice to find another teen student like myself. I don’t know if one post could really kill this thread. Anyways, good luck with the girl.
My last post sounded kinda insensitive. Sorry. It’s kinda amazing that you (@HeX) can write this entire TL as a teenager. Wouldn’t it be funny if that girl you like is on this site? Anyway, you don’t have to be sorry for having a personal life. Still, can’t wait for a More Perfect Chapter to be added to this TL
Nah, you're fine, it didn't really sound insensitive (and either way, I don't get offended easily). Thanks, also. I'm writing a (non-alternate history) book as well, so really AH.com is me honing my writing skills for the big bad real world out there. And again, sorry for the wait.

The girl I like, while definitely a nerd, is not one for history, I don't think. She's more of a math and science person, while I like writing and history. But hey, she's also just about the only girl I've met IRL who likes 90% of the stuff I do, from Star Wars to Marvel, so I'm not too worried about that.

Just got through this fairly large TL over a few days. Not sure I agree with all the butterflies but it has been an enjoyable read all around. I look forward to more.
Thank you! I agree with that sentiment about some of the butterflies--America definitely had protagonist syndrome for a while there, but I think in the chapters since "The King Must Die" the plot armor has been somewhat worn down. And, really, if it's an enjoyable read then I'm satisfied with what I've made.

No worries HeX, take as much time as you need. Your needs come first.

...I thought you were older. You certainly write like it. I feel old now. :cool: