A More Perfect Union: An Alternate History of the Land of the Free

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: Before 1900' started by HeX, May 22, 2019.

1. Alexei Filipino Frick-Frack

Fortress China strat.

2. HonestAbe1809 Abraham Lincoln 2020

China has enough men, resources and land to pull that strategy off.

Alexei and Ironshark like this.
  3. Tethys00 Mod of r/imaginarymaps Donor

Great Salt Lake City, The Republic of Deseret
    (I know I'm a bit late but I had to)
    Why are there so many versions of myself?
    Alexander Confusion.

4. 46566 Well-Known Member

Russia and France will probably be doing the heavy lifting in Europe. Britain probably will be focused on North America and the colonial territory. Asia will probably be China Vs Japan. The other powers have units of questionable morale.(would the Indians really push that hard against the Chinese) Hex mentioned a possible Vietnam uprising. The only real reinforcements are from Australia.

Ironshark likes this.
  5. HeX Self-Proclaimed Disney Expert

Oh, and something I left out about the Raj fighting China head-on--it's effectively impossible, given the fact that the tallest mountain range in the world, the Himalayas, separates them.

46566, Ironshark, RonRon and 2 others like this.
  6. President Eternal Liberal American

Right, that would be a serious problem, especially with early 20th century technology. That probably should have been obvious.

7. The Congressman Well-Known Member

Most likely they'd join the ANZACs in Indochina

8. Whiteshore Defender of Myrcella Baratheon

Well, the Vietnamese not really liking the Chinese would mean they would probably stay loyal for now.

46566 likes this.
  9. Grundal Active Member

Wow.

Simply beautiful. and I love how another atl is referenced, and how all that might have been and what was in this timeline are compared and contrasted through divine judgement of the afterlife. Really good piece.

Yeah, that would be cool. heck, you could have a series of one-offs and shorts set in this afterlife as prominent characters from atls show up and are judged.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 3:22 AM
  10. HeX Self-Proclaimed Disney Expert

HeX presents...

THE BIGGEST CROSSOVER EVENT IN AH.COM HISTORY

featuring alternate versions of your favorite people from the worlds of A More Perfect Union, What Madness is This?, Our Fair Country, Hail, Britannia, TL-191, The Man in the High Castle, Kaiserreich, The Thousand-Week Reich, Reds!, Wolfenstein, The Domination of the Draka, Decades of Darkness, 1983: Doomsday, As One Star Sets, Another Rises, and many, many more...

(In all honesty, that'd be fun to do, but it'd be a logistical nightmare, too...
    Also, @theg*ddam*hoi2fan, I'm a huge fan of your 2015 Japan ISOT to 1939 TL! Just thought I'd say that.)​

11. Grundal Active Member

Logistical nightmare...but it might possible to get some the authors to cooperate! In case of alternatehistory.com members. fans of books might have talent and willingness to simply put a short one-off. If its too much of a logistical nightmare, that's fine. But, boy it would be great if it came to pass.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 2:19 AM
  12. farmerted555 Well-Known Member

Why not just a simple AMPU/WMIT crossover?

13. Samsara123 Well-Known Member

They are gonna try to out Exterminatus each other, one side out of sheer disgust out how bad the other world became, the other just because they are out of their minds and will try to nuke them out of sheer spite at how much better the other side is

14. farmerted555 Well-Known Member

Why not just one average American citizen switches places with a Pinnacle Man of the RU?

15. Israel_Dan the Man Well-Known Member

Qing victory is gonna be so cathartic given what happened IOTL.

Simeon and Ironshark like this.
  16. sampleswift Well-Known Member

I actually see What Madness Is This existing in the ampu universe as a tabletop game like Warhammer 40000, something so dark it crosses over into black humor. Tons of lore about each faction as well, combined with over the top dark humor are why it becomes popular.

Not Plato, RonRon, Simeon and 8 others like this.
  17. Ironshark Well-Known Member

i wonder if TTL robert e lee would try to challenge OTL robert e lee to a duel if they met in the judging room?

Jupiter's Auroras, Simeon and Grundal like this.
  18. sampleswift Well-Known Member

By that time dueling was illegal I think. It still happened in the West but that was due to lack of law enforcement. More likely they would debate about the Union

Simeon, Ironshark and Grundal like this.
  19. HeX Self-Proclaimed Disney Expert

Maybe not a duel, persay, but I could definitely see AMPU Lee getting into a fight with like 90% of his other selves, given that they not only fought to destroy the Union, but most of them fought for the cause of slavery as well. And given TTL's Lee's much more progressive stance... that's a recipe for disaster.
    Nothing's really illegal in the Beyond...

Simeon, Jacob2003, Grundal and 2 others like this.
  20. theg*ddam*hoi2fan Beware of the Leopard

Under a bridge, handing out business cards
    Thanks for saying so, pal :D Appreciated!

And that would be one heck of a crossover...

Simeon, Ameroboto, Grundal and 2 others like this.