A Map Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we do requests? I would really like to see a For Want of a Nail map.

Also, people who have already made maps before for other threads should post them here. This could be a centralized, stickied thread.

The World of Kaiser Max:

attachment.php

kaisermax.gif

Diamond

Banned
Here's a map for a story I'm working on. It's set in the Draka ATL I posted recently. I was going to call the story 'Marching Through Georgia' for obvious reasons... :D

Draka2.GIF

Diamond said:
Here's a map for a story I'm working on. It's set in the Draka ATL I posted recently. I was going to call the story 'Marching Through Georgia' for obvious reasons... :D

Now I want to know what the story's about.

Thande

Donor
So...there's a Civil War song called Marching Through Georgia, meaning the American state of Georgia, and Stirling cleverly turned it around to mean Russian Georgia, and now you've turned it around again to mean the American Georgia again?? :confused:

Diamond

Banned
Thande said:
So...there's a Civil War song called Marching Through Georgia, meaning the American state of Georgia, and Stirling cleverly turned it around to mean Russian Georgia, and now you've turned it around again to mean the American Georgia again?? :confused:
Exactly. The story is set in the closing days of the Second Continental War, as Draka and her allies finally gain a toehold in North America (like OTL Normandy landings). The 6th Egyptian Infantry division is tasked with capturing a 'special weapons' base near Atlanta, which turns out to be a launch site for a weapon that America hopes will end the war in their favor...

What IS that story about, Diamond? Is it the one where the defeated Patriots settle in Africa and set up a government called "Draka" which is all democratic, multi-racial, etc?

Diamond

Banned
Matt Quinn said:
What IS that story about, Diamond? Is it the one where the defeated Patriots settle in Africa and set up a government called "Draka" which is all democratic, multi-racial, etc?
Yes. The Timeline is in the main forum under the title of 'A True History of the Draka'.

Diamond

Banned
I want to give a belated kudos to Lone Amigo's 'Victorian AH' map a few posts down. That thing is friggin awesome. You guys have way more patience than me... :(

Diamond said:
I want to give a belated kudos to Lone Amigo's 'Victorian AH' map a few posts down. That thing is friggin awesome. You guys have way more patience than me... :(

Patience? That's just a couple of photoshop filters I was messing around with. What I want to know is how you put all the cities in the right places... does your blank map have their locations?

Diamond, where'd you post your Khirgiz Khanate TL? Just curious because I like the fact that in your map, "Hind" is huge.

A map my little sister drew(well, with my help) a couple of months ago because she wanted to copy what I was doing. Extremely plausible, I know. Anyone want to attempt a TL? :D

attachment.php

SARMP.gif

Diamond

Banned
Rahul said:
Diamond, where'd you post your Khirgiz Khanate TL? Just curious because I like the fact that in your map, "Hind" is huge.
Bits and pieces of it are waaaaaay back in the early parts of the Mosaic Earth forum... One day I may post a complete timeline, but right now I'm too busy with other stuff.

LA: For the cities, I'm sure they're not REALLY in the exact right spots, but they're close enough for government work. ;)

Amigo, while it's nice of your sister to make Australia so powerful you should really explain to her the evils of Republicanism. About how republican polititians prowl the streets at night creeping into peoples houses to steal children's toys and shave all the fur off pussy cats.

Still the Empire of Great Belgium rocks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.