A Map Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a map I made where Russia keeps Alaska.

russian alaska.jpg

Is this USSR a result of the defeat Communists fleeing to Russian North America, because a Communist regime being installed and then keeping said possesions through the chaos is implausible in my opinion...

I was thinking more the 1917 revolution going the same, then communist sympathizers within the colonies revolting against the colonial government and proclaiming the colonies property of the USSR. In the mass chaos in North America, revolutionaries could have taken the colonies, then passed them onto the USSR later.

Mass chaos or not, the Allies actually intervened in Russia to help the White armies. That was ultimately unsuccesful, however. In North America, though, I can easily see the Allies seizing Russian North America, keeping it out of Soviet hands. Sorry. :p

TDude695 said:
Here's a map I made where Russia keeps Alaska.
Nope. The Reds getting that far east before the UK and US cuts them off is a pipe dream, and odds are we are looking at a surviving Grand Duke (perhaps Nick himself?) setting up shop as a Czarist 'Taiwan'.

HTG

I didn't intend for it to seem they conquered it after the revolution. If the decision was made to keep Alaska around the same time the HBC decided to sell Rupert's Land, what's to say Russia didn't try to expand it's colonies by outbidding Canada on Rupert's Land?

Straha

Banned
here's a map from a TL I'm working on. Its a revised version of a map I posted in this thread earlier.

greatpowers2.GIF

What is the POD of this map?

Red: Imperial British Commonwealth
Grey: The Empire of Songhai
Yellow: The Empire of Japan
Dark Blue: United States of America

Island Empires.png

fortyseven said:
Chinese win at Talas.

PODS:

1) A small group of Hashashins survive and remove themselves to Western Afica.

2) Songhai gives birth to an odd form of Islam, which backs its rulers with the Mandate of Allah.

3) Arthur Tudor survives to father a child on Catherine of Aragon. He later dies from falling off a horse. Henry is named Regent for Princess Isabella.

4) The Hashashins go to work for the ruler of Songhai, and one of their missions is to assassinate the Royal family of Spain, and the leaders of Spanish Inquisition. Catherine of Aragon, her daughter, and many loyal followers run off to the New World.

5) The Moors, with Songhai help retake most of Spain and all of Portugal.

6) Henry Tudor becomes Henry VIII, and still breaks away from the Catholic Church. He also overturns the Popal ban in pural marriage, as he is concurrently married to the mother of Henry Fitzroy, Anne Boylen, and Jane Seymour.

others

Faeelin

Banned
B_Munro said:
Presumeably this has a POD of a different French revolution - but why does Prussia have the same eastern border as OTL 1815?

best,
Bruce

Because it gave territory to Russia in exchange for gobbling Saxony.

htgriffin said:
Nope. The Reds getting that far east before the UK and US cuts them off is a pipe dream, and odds are we are looking at a surviving Grand Duke (perhaps Nick himself?) setting up shop as a Czarist 'Taiwan'.

HTG
I've been planning such a TL, and it blows open the Second World War...

Status
Not open for further replies.