A Map Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond

Banned
Faeelin said:
It's very interesting; I'd expect the Empire to include the Baltic, but based on the map I take it that the POD as 12th century?
Yup. I wanted to have a strong, colonizing HRE, so I had to keep going farther and farther back for a POD. The TL also includes a less-united Mongol threat, which allows Novgorod to survive and prosper. (Nevsky and the Swedes are actually friendly for quite a while :) ).

worlda7ui.gif

That's a map from a timeline I've been fooling around with. In the late 1500s, Spain goes to war with the Ottoman Empire, who recently sacked Vienna and captured Austria. Spain loses this war, and Italy and the Iberian peninsula are captured. The Spanish royal family flees to Mexico, where they establish the Empire of New Granada.

You can guess about what else happened. There's some pretty wierd stuff if you look hard enough. :D

I have another map.. from the same timeline as before, only it is 2005- I'd post the full one, which lists all countries and such, but it's a large mess... So I'll just post this outline with a list of countries.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, The Empire of Russia ,The Empire of America, The Kingdom of Spain, The Kingdom of Denmark, The Commonwealth of Sweden, The Empire of Austria, The United States of Asia, The Republic of Malaysia, The Kingdom of Italy, The Empire of Mexico, The Republic of New France, The German Republic, The United Provinces, The Dominion of New South Scotland, Holy Russia, Emirate of Timbuktu, France (Under joint Spanish-British Occupation), Kingdom of South America, Republic of Zimbabwe, Nova Hibernia, Tanganyika Republic, Emirate of Tripoli, Free Namib Republic, Ethiopian Empire, Empire of Nippon, Patrimony of St. Peter, Swiss Confederation, Kingdom of Lorraine, Republic of Nyskane, French Republic (Exiled to Algeria), China Republic, Republic of Zaire, Republic of San Marino, Co-Principality of Andorra, Principality of Monaco, Kingdom of Thailand, Egyptian State, Pacific Union.
Total Countries: 38, if you count occupied France.

Difsca2005.png

From my Paladin Timeline, the world in 1901:

Burgundy is burgundy
Japan is brown
Russia is purple
Italia is light green
Britain is light blue
Paladin lands are red
Hayastan(Armenia) is dark blue
Poland is light greyish-purple
Hungary is dark gray
Scandinavia is yellow
Germany is orange

1901.jpg

Faeelin

Banned
Diamond said:
Yup. I wanted to have a strong, colonizing HRE, so I had to keep going farther and farther back for a POD. The TL also includes a less-united Mongol threat, which allows Novgorod to survive and prosper. (Nevsky and the Swedes are actually friendly for quite a while :) ).

Why Novgorod? Absent the godless Tatars, I'd expect Vladimir-Suzdal to unite the Rus.

If you agree that you have a strong HRE, why's their border so far west?

I suspect if you're seeking colonial plans for the HRE in terms of the New World, you could do it in the 15th century.

I've made a map of my Tartessos scenario-Soem places were left out, but I was in a hurry... For example, New Syria is left out.

tartesmap.PNG

I posted this as a map challenge, but I think I'll put it here, too.
In this timeline the Habsburgs united Germany, and have effective control over most of central and eastern Europe.

1914euro.gif

Imajin said:
I've made a map of my Tartessos scenario-Soem places were left out, but I was in a hurry... For example, New Syria is left out.
Glad to see that I've inspired someone.

Diamond

Banned
Here's a teaser map for the new and improved Southern Roman Empire Thread(formerly known as the Second Carthaginian Empire :) ), coming soon to a theater near you...

Gr.Cru.1.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.