A Map Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thande

Donor
I'm going to treat that remark with the contempt it deserves.

Goes off to bow and grovel to unelected German spongers

Britain's on it's second constitutional monarchy dating from 1689. France has had absolute monarchy, constituitonal monarchies, 2 empires, 6 republics, etc. Russia has had...

Britian became a Republic on the account of it having a revolution against an "Imperial King" that allied itself with Russia, due to it ruling Germany/intermarried with Prussia. Russia was an Imperial Republic (as well) but also collapsed. The SCF sent in troops to support the whole continent going to pot.

The Post Reman Empire World from SME.

doablueseaLettered2.GIF

Another map from ME. The POD is that Pancho Villa never got stiffed when he wanted land from some rich dude and went on to succed the other president that almost made Mexico a First World Nation. OAS means Org. of Amer. States BTW.

5707.gif

Here's a map of a TL I've been working on, where Denmark-Norway never loses Scania, among other things..

Different Scandinavia Map 8 - Alliances.PNG

Diamond

Banned
This is a map from a TL where the Holy Roman Empire IS an empire, not just a collection of states. The Pope has no secular authority whatsoever.
Thanks to EdT for the map template.

HRE1.GIF

Faeelin

Banned
Diamond said:
This is a map from a TL where the Holy Roman Empire IS an empire, not just a collection of states. The Pope has no secular authority whatsoever.
Thanks to EdT for the map template.

Diamond, is that from a TL you did?

@Thande

What happen was that Mexico did get First World Economic Status so all the western states wanted the piece of the action on the account that a good portion of their population were going to Mexico anyway. Think of a reverse situation of OTL with the walls on the U.S. side to keep people inside rather than outside. The defection of those states started this huge war by the U.S. on the account that they were pissed off with Mexico for being a first world country and that the U.S. wasn't exactly held in 'honour' as it used to. Thus, them loosing the states through military action and Florida as something of a bonus from the war. Mexico could have taken more but it's more orientated to economy rather than war.

Thande

Donor
Actually I have a similar situation in one of my FH timelines when the US gets nuked: California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas form the 'Hispanic States of America' and attempt to secede and align with Mexico. (The presence of Texas indicates there is quite a lot of Mexican agent provocateuring to get this to happen).

Imajin, what is the fourth empire on your map, the one in North Africa?

Faeelin

Banned
Diamond said:
It's from one that I've been working on, on and off, for a few months. I may post it eventually.

It's very interesting; I'd expect the Empire to include the Baltic, but based on the map I take it that the POD as 12th century?

Thande said:
Imajin, what is the fourth empire on your map, the one in North Africa?
Well, don't get your hopes up on it being a North African superpower- It's actually Austrian North Africa, though Austria is having one heck of a time holding it down. After the Great War breaks out, it basically gives up control of the region. However, later in the TL that massive territory in Asia becomes a world power..
The Four "Empires" are Prussia (A Kingdom, but it has one of the strongest militaries in the world so they don't care), Austria (Which has done a good job keeping it's minorities down in this TL, and actually has most trouble with Pan-Germanism), Russia (Most powerful nation in the world at this time), and America (Also powerful, but democratic rather than the more common Autocracy)

@Thande

Yeah...well...if you think about it, Texas was (and I'm guessing probably is) really irie about their Hispanics. I didn't really include them in the Mexican War due to their pride on "BEING TEXAN". Much of the border there is actually on the offensive rather than on the defensive.

Just curious- would you be interested in me posting the stuff from this TL on the AH Forum? It's good material but doesn't really have the sense of being "Real" that most TL's here have.

Status
Not open for further replies.