A Map Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah... whoops.... I read Thande's post, then I scrolled up and assumed it was part of the same line of questioning, for some reason.

Hapsburg

Banned
Earth, 2220.
earth2220oq1.png

Hapsburg

Banned
Posted the wrong map for 2200. :eek:
The 2220 one's right, though.
Here's the proper 2200:
earth2200ht2.png

Note the still-together Arabia and the non-annexed Maghreb nations; and, of course, the Italy and netherlands not yet being in the Middle-European Federation.

Does anyone know where I can find a version of this map with borders?:

crapab7.png

I started myself but it proved too bloody difficult to try and mark on OTL borders never mind getting onto others....

cont1wk3.png

This is what I would have posted, had I not completely miscalculated my free time for this week.

A bit nonsensical (the POD is St. Martinique not erupting in the early 1900s, leading to a Nicaraguan Canal and butterflying increasingly outwards from there), I did it more for fun than for realism. No TL here unless someone really wants me to BS a story.
Nice map Blochead, but 'Nubian Republic' isn't really an appropriate name for an independent South Sudan.

Well, when did the term "Indonesia" first come into widespread use among the locals? If you have a suggestion for an alternate name for an independent Dutch East Indies, given 200-odd years of divergence, I'll rename it...

best,
Bruce

Srivijaya's always a possibility.

atleuropeflagsbz0.png

First version of a 1935 map of Europe from a possible TL. The POD is a slightly later Franco-Prussian War (only some weeks or months).

Spain remained stable, modernized faster and became German-oriented since the Hohenzolerns took the throne in 1870. Morocco was made a Spanish protectorate in 1894 (with some rights for the British) and this led to a diplomatic crisis with France that was solved in 1897-1898 after an alternate "Algeciras" Conference (obviously held in other place - I'm thinking in Faro, Portugal). French forces were concentrated in NW Africa securing the frontier with the Spanish dominions, so the Fachoda incident was butterflied. By 1900 most European countries were engage in a naval race for wathever reason, not only Britain and Germany. Spain, Italy, Austria-Hungary and Germany signed the Qadruple Alliance while France, Portugal, Serbia and Russia made other agreements.

World War I erupted around 1910 about events related to the proclamation of the I Portuguese Republic. Portugal and Spain then declared war on each other (I need to work more in this idea), France declared war on Spain, Germany declared war on France, Russia declared war on Germany and finally Austria-Hungary declared war on Russia. The QA blockaded France by land and sea while they were knocking in the first place Portugal and Russia. Britain and the Ottoman Empire, in similar terms with both sides, remained neutral through the war. Serbia though to join the war against Austria-Hungary, but turned out this idea when Romania joined the Germans and Austrians in their attack against the Russians, so finally the Balkans remained unusually peacefull through the war. Italy also stayed neutral in the first year of the war, but finally attacked France. The French, after a brave fight of more than 2 years completely surrounded collapsed when the Belgians agreed to permit the pass of German forces over their soil in exchange of the Ardennes. France also loses Bearn, the Roussillon, codominium of Andorra, Nice, Savoy, Corsica and several colonies in the peace terms. Algeria was put under joined Spanish/Italian ocupation during 15 years.

There was another red uprising in Russia, harder than the one of 1905 but very less extended than the one of OTL 1917. The uprising was quickly followed by harder troubles with nationalists rebellions in Finland, Ukraine and the Caucasus and oportunist war declarations from the Ottomans and the Japanese (Sweden, by the way, occupied the Aland Islands during the Finnish uprising without war declaration). The Russians lose Curland-Lithuania (to Germany), Poland (turned into a kingdom under Karl of Habsburg), Moldavia (to Romania), Finland (independent republic), Armenia (to the Ottomans), Azerbaiyan (Ottoman puppet state) and northern Sakhalin (to the Japanese). After the hard crushing of the Ukranian rebels, some Russian generals convinced themselves that the country needed a "revolution from the top" in order to avoid a "revolution from the bottom". Tsar Nicholas II was forced to abdicate, Rasputin was killed, and Prince Michael was made regent of a new constitutional monarchy with a reformed Duma.

The Italian-Ottoman war and the following Balkan wars were delayed until the 1920s, when Italy secured her dominion over Tunis and eastern Algeria. The results were the same as OTL, except that the Ottomans kept the Dodecanese and several Aegean islands due to their superior navy and the lack of Italian interest in the area. Some years later, the Ottoman empire was reformed as a dual Arabo-Turkish monarchy (a la A-H) in order to reduce the demands of the southern populations of the empire. The saudis were finally defeated and the inner lands of Arabia finally annexed. Luxembourg, BTW, was encouraged to join the German Empire as a associated state, and Ireland never gained independence.

Finally, in the early 30s Austria-Hungary imploded, falling in several unrest and chaotic civil wars. The rebellion was started when the Hungarians refused to support some reforms of emperor Franz Ferdinand I that gave more power to the Slavs and Czechs. The main rebellions ended after a treaty that separate Hungary from Austria, becoming a kingdom under the rule of young prince Otto, son of Karl. Galitzia goes to Karl's Poland and the Slav territoires later achieve independence as the "State of Dalmatia and Croatia". Italy took advantage of the situation and convinced Austria to sell Trieste and the Italian-speaking parts of Tirol.

Meanwhile, Action Française achieved power in France and restored the monarchy under the Orleans, forming a fascist-like state.

Maybe you could spark the war between Spain and Portugal by putting as head of the Portuguese Republic a populist politician that tries to recover Olivenza from Spain...

Hapsburg

Banned
...or maybe Portugal playing the "Revolutionary Republic" role, trying to "export the revolution" to the rest of Iberia.

Anyway, here's Earth, 2250.
Brazilian Revolution, Indian Civil War, American puppet in Venezuela. Murder and Mayhem, standard procedure.
earth2250tg7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.