A Loyal City on the Hill - The Commonwealth Wank

VT45

Banned
So for those of you who were around before I left the board, I had a TL called the Commonwealth Wank. I've been asked to revive it or start it over now that I'm back, and I've been thinking about it more and more. So, with a bit of inspiration from @Kanan, I am pleased to announce that I have decided to indeed revive it. And as my first post, I thought I'd show you a screenshot of today's NEBC news homepage.

VLMoKFM.png

What a pity Bruce Tarr isn't prime minister, I liked the whole "New England equivalent to Coalition" thing you had going and whatnot

VT45

Banned
He didn’t survive the most recent general election. Partly because of a general shift to the left, partly because of his government’s terrible handling of SNOWPOCALYPSE2015(tm)

This looks interesting!

Also, I never read the original Commonwealth Wank (I'd guess that I didn't have an AH.com account yet) so I don't really know the gust of this. Is this just a world where the British Commonwealth is a lot larger and stronger?

This looks interesting!

Also, I never read the original Commonwealth Wank (I'd guess that I didn't have an AH.com account yet) so I don't really know the gust of this. Is this just a world where the British Commonwealth is a lot larger and stronger?
it's a TL where the American Revolution either fails or just doesn't happen (can't remember which) and yeah, the British Commonwealth is much larger than OTL

VT45

Banned
There are also Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Prussian, Danish, Swedish, Russian, Greek, Turkish, and Chinese commonwealths

Well, this looks interesting. Didn't see the original, but I'll certainly follow this thread with great interest.

The absence or failure of the American Revolution would certainly alter the immediate fortunes of Western Europe, most definitely in the would-have-been French Revolution, so I am definitely looking forward to seeing how it looks in TTL's 2018.

Well, this looks interesting. Didn't see the original, but I'll certainly follow this thread with great interest.

The absence or failure of the American Revolution would certainly alter the immediate fortunes of Western Europe, most definitely in the would-have-been French Revolution, so I am definitely looking forward to seeing how it looks in TTL's 2018.
There probably was still a French Revolution of some kind. France was in a pretty rough situation ever since the end of the Seven Years War and the Enlightenment still would have happened.

VT45

Banned
There was a French Revolution ITTL. With the POD only being 12 years before the storming of the Bastille an event on that scale was too big to butterfly away. Napoleon didn’t take the throne like in OTL, but there were similar attempts at expanding France during the Revolution and subsequent Coalition Wars. That’s how the U.K. ended up with the Netherlands and super-Hanover.

VT45

Banned
I figure the news page will give you guys some good tidbits about the modern state of New England, but if you have any questions or anything you’d like to see, don’t hesitate to ask.

So for those of you who were around before I left the board, I had a TL called the Commonwealth Wank. I've been asked to revive it or start it over now that I'm back, and I've been thinking about it more and more. So, with a bit of inspiration from @Kanan, I am pleased to announce that I have decided to indeed revive it. And as my first post, I thought I'd show you a screenshot of today's NEBC news homepage.

VLMoKFM.png
*squee* ITS BACK!

What are the states of this country? I'm not familiar with the original timeline, sorry to say
New England's provinces are Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland & Labrador.