A Kingdom in Normandy

What would the medieval world have looked like if the French Normans had decided to pursue their interests in mainland France instead of crossing the Channel? This could either be accomplished by weakening the French monarchy and expanding to their expense or taking the French crown for themselves, thus ending the Capetian dynasty early.

Either way if a powerful Norman state had solidified itself in France to the detriment of the Capetian dynasty, while England remained Germanic (by Anglo-Saxon or Northerner influence), it's very likely Western European history would've been completely different.

An ATL 100 years war could have been a civil war. (Technically you could argue the otl one was one too, but that's a different thread)

Oh! So It all begins with William Of Normandy continuing to secure and expand his power in france instead of Conquering England.

Well, England will remain in Anglo-Saxon hands while Normandy continues to be the premier power in France with all it's attention focused on it.

In my mind such a kingdom would necessarily include Normandy proper, the Loire valley and perhaps suzerainty over Brittany but I can't see it getting much more larger without taking the French crown straight away.

An ATL 100 years war could have been a civil war. (Technically you could argue the otl one was one too, but that's a different thread)
I'd argue the 100 Years' War would happen much earlier; at the first succession crisis, the Capets would see their power challenged immensely. Are we going off the idea that the Normans are fully independent or nominal subjects of the French crown?

I'd argue the 100 Years' War would happen much earlier; at the first succession crisis, the Capets would see their power challenged immensely. Are we going off the idea that the Normans are fully independent or nominal subjects of the French crown?
Possibly.

As far as independence, that would all depend on the marriages and inheritances etc.
If Normandy remains mostly in Normandy then it will probably go for independent or straight up coup all depending on their strengths at that specific time.
If they inherit almost half of non-royal France like otl then I see no way they wouldn't try for the French crown itself.

In the 11th century: Flanders, Champagne/Blois, Anjou unite with Capets against Normandy and try to crush them. While normally especially Flanders and Champagne/Blois acted against the Capets

What I'd imagine being interesting is a Normandy that survives the middle ages as an independent state and is composed of scattered entities in Europe (and maybe beyond), like an alt Venice/ Low Countries.

The Dukes of Normandy were vassals of the King of France. The way medieval politics worked, this limited their political activities within the Kingdom of France. Once the Plantegenets took control of the Duchy, they first gained a crown of their own with England, and then wound up having to claim the French crown anyway.

Possible way to bypass that issue is Rolf and his vikings declare themselves the Kingdom of Normandy when they come to France. That world change things as well.