Status
Not open for further replies.
x'DI love you guys. Having a rough week, and this was just what I needed! x'D

I so have to do this now. Christopher Lloyd as a reluctant Werewolf seeking help and guidance from Wes Studi, who's playing an Indian American pretending to be an American Indian in a Mel Brooks Werewolf spoof. Deep Roy as his actually-Cherokee Assistant (who speaks fluent Yiddish) just to crank it past 11.

Soundtrack, naturally, by Warren Zevon.

This begs the question. Is there any possible way at all to have Jim Henson and Mel Brooks collaborate on a project?

Stay tuned!
I'm excited to see this! I mean, if you look at their careers, you'd see a lot of overlap by way of parodying pop culture, albeit in different ways.

In just one example, when science fiction is parodied in their works, Jim Henson gave us Pigs in Space, while Mel Brooks made Spaceballs.

On a more personal note, I'm glad that I can help make your week.

just a pity he chose leslie nielsen, who at that point was wayyyyyyyy beyond his prime
Hey, I thought Leslie Nielsen was funny (or trying to be, at least), and the movie is decent...

Remember the scene where Steven Weber stakes Lysette Anthony, twice, and blood comes gushing out and covers him until he looks like Sissy Spacek in Carrie? Well, Mel Brooks didn't tell Weber that he'd be covered in so much blood (200 gallons, to be exact), to make his reaction more natural; he ad-libbed the line "She's dead enough."

Here's the scene (Weber is clearly trying not to break character here):

Last edited:
Alternatively, how about Werewolves Down Under, made in the latter days of the Australian New Wave? Doesn't even have to be canids like wolves*, you can easily have weretasmanian tigers.

* Technically the dingo is a wolf.

How similar are Gygax's Dangerous Journeys and Lejendary Adventure and what are the chances of the former becoming the second edition of Dungeons & Dragons and the later third edition?

With TSR now under Marvel/Disney the odds are Gygax will be producing AD&D 2nd Edition the way he wanted to rather than how it came out under Williams. This probably means Dangerous Journeys does not come out at all- though I could see the world ideas becoming another D&D world later on.

With TSR now under Marvel/Disney the odds are Gygax will be producing AD&D 2nd Edition the way he wanted to rather than how it came out under Williams. This probably means Dangerous Journeys does not come out at all- though I could see the world ideas becoming another D&D world later on.
It might if the TSR management or the Marvel/Disney management press for a fresh update.

BTW, if one wants to see Kathleen Turner play a femme fatale/evil woman, watch her in Body Heat (1981)--no wonder her career took off after that...

Just curious, what's Mariska Hargitay up to in TTL? In OTL, she nearly played Dulcea in the Power Rangers movie after the original actress, Gabrielle Fitzpatrick, left to have a cyst removed. The filming ran longer than expected, and there was dissatisfaction with Hargitay in the role, so Fitzpatrick returned to the role after the cyst removal, and they had to dump some training sequences they had shot with Hargitay as Dulcea (it didn't help that Hargitay went home for Christmas to see her family, rather than remaining in Australia and on call for the role--she admitted in an interview with Seth Meyers that it was because she was young and naive).

And, now, in OTL, Hargitay (1) is arguably more famous than the Power Rangers franchise as a whole, thanks to her role on Law and Order: SVU (BTW, she was also considered for the role of Annie Porter in Speed, before it went to Sandra Bullock) as Olivia Benson (she also trained as a rape counselor for the role)...

(1) She's the daughter of Jayne Mansfield and her then-husband Mickey Hargitay (who guest-starred on SVU in a minor role)--she survived the accident that killed her mother and two others (including her mom's boyfriend)...

Just curious, what's Mariska Hargitay up to in TTL? In OTL, she nearly played Dulcea in the Power Rangers movie after the original actress, Gabrielle Fitzpatrick, left to have a cyst removed. The filming ran longer than expected, and there was dissatisfaction with Hargitay in the role, so Fitzpatrick returned to the role after the cyst removal, and they had to dump some training sequences they had shot with Hargitay as Dulcea (it didn't help that Hargitay went home for Christmas to see her family, rather than remaining in Australia and on call for the role--she admitted in an interview with Seth Meyers that it was because she was young and naive).

And, now, in OTL, Hargitay (1) is arguably more famous than the Power Rangers franchise as a whole, thanks to her role on Law and Order: SVU (BTW, she was also considered for the role of Annie Porter in Speed, before it went to Sandra Bullock) as Olivia Benson (she also trained as a rape counselor for the role)...

(1) She's the daughter of Jayne Mansfield and her then-husband Mickey Hargitay (who guest-starred on SVU in a minor role)--she survived the accident that killed her mother and two others (including her mom's boyfriend)...
I don't know about Power Rangers but seeing her in this costume does open up the possibilities of her as Wonder Woman (if she bulked up a little):
YTdKi22-779x445.jpg

DB7sSX0WsAAvkfU.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.