Status
Not open for further replies.
They did kind of reboot, depending on your terms, Captain America around this time in that in 87 the government asks Steve to do some things he's not willing to do so he resigns and becomes "The Captain" while John Walker became Captain America for a time.
Less of a reboot and more of a replacement and IIRC one the was returned to the status quo by this point in the TL.
Also the aforementioned Heroes Reborn which was a kind of reboot.
Heroes Reborn happened in 1996 OTL and may not happen ITTL.

While I am guilty about suggesting future inclusions for the TL even I have made an attempt to not speculate on things so far in the "future" anymore. So at best try to stick to things about 4 or 5 years out of the "current" time period of 1992.
Well the musical adaption had its roots in the purchase of the book rights to the children’s story book version of Aida (created in 1990) by Disney in 1994. That’s well within the timeline but also can easily be butterflied.

Well the musical adaption had its roots in the purchase of the book rights to the children’s story book version of Aida (created in 1990) by Disney in 1994. That’s well within the timeline but also can easily be butterflied.
And that goes to show I need to read further into a Wikipedia article, I apologize. Could prove to be a good live action musical.

Last edited:
Less of a reboot and more of a replacement and IIRC one the was returned to the status quo by this point in the TL.

Heroes Reborn happened in 1996 OTL and may not happen ITTL.
Right, but if it happens then maybe Rob could use his ideas he recycled for FA.

Also could you please tell me how to include you and the others in my PM?😅

A: I'll think things over some more, but don't expect Disneytown Times Square any time soon. They've got a lot of construction going on already.
Note that the restoration of the New Amsterdam Theatre didn't happen until 1997 and the plans for the Disney hotel didn't materialize until the late 90s and early 2000s, so there's a lot of time for Disney to think about renovating Times Square.

Currently reading Nine Princes in Amber and wondering about the possibilities of a Chronicles of Amber TV series when I found this:
(Fun fact Highlander: The Series first aired in 1992, just saying)

d606bf04182d84dec2de83f37846a340.jpg

Election '92 Live Coverage!
Perot Drops Out of Race amid Bush Feud Revelations
The New York Times, July 6th, 1992

220px-RossPerotColor.jpg

Billionaire independent candidate H. Ross Perot has officially withdrawn from the 1992 presidential election and thrown his support behind likely Democratic nominee Al Gore of Tennessee, leaving his loyal grassroots followers in the lurch. Despite leading in some national polls earlier this year driven by self-funded prime time campaign events, recent revelations about an ongoing feud with President George Bush combined with a refusal to address several hot-button issues such as AIDS and Affirmative Action and recent gaffes with African Americans have cost his campaign. Workers inside his campaign report his unwillingness to follow their advice and rumors persist that his presidential run is more about hurting his rival President Bush than about any real intent to assume the office. Perot’s exit, meanwhile, is bolstering the numbers for Gore in a presumed head-to-head match against Bush, with Gore up 3% in the crucial state of… Continued on pg. A3.

Dan Quayle not to Run in ‘92
The New York Times, June 14th, 1992

220px-Dan_Quayle.jpg

Washington – Vice President J. Danforth Quayle has announced that he will not be running for reelection as Vice President in the 1992 Presidential election, citing a desire to spend more time with his family. “The job of Vice President is a challenging and rewarding one,” said Quayle, “but it is taking me away from my lovely wife and kids at a critical time in their lives. After much prayer, I have decided not to run again.”

Vice President Quayle, who has made numerous controversial statements and has a low approval rating, was reportedly the subject of numerous GOP strategy discussions behind closed doors, with many analysts certain that he was asked by Bush to leave. Whether a different name on the ticket will help or hurt Bush’s chances for reelection remains an open question. While very unpopular with the general electorate, he remains very popular with Evangelical Christian “values voters” who see his attacks on Murphy Brown, The Bunyans, and Disney as “speaking truth” about what they see as the continued moral decay of the nation. He also remains relatively popular in the rural Midwest, which includes many critical swing states such as Ohio and Michigan.

Recently vanquished GOP primary challenger Pat Buchannan called the event “a disgrace” and likened it to a “stab in the back” for conservative voters. Other conservative and evangelical voices have made statements backing Quayle, such as…Cont’d on A2.

Gore and Tsongas Accept Democratic Presidential Nomination
The New York Times, July 16th, 1992

220px-Al_Gore%2C_Vice_President_of_the_United_States%2C_official_portrait_1994.jpg
Senator_Paul_Tsongas.jpg

New York – Senator Al Gore of Tennessee and Senator Paul Tsongas of Massachusetts have formally accepted the Democratic Presidential and Vice-Presidential nominations at last night’s Democratic National Convention. Long the presumed nominee following his near sweep of the Super Tuesday primaries, Gore, a centrist southern Democrat, emerges slightly ahead in the polls against incumbent President George Bush, whose approval rating has struggled to recover from a poor economy, a broken campaign promise not to raise taxes, emerging sexual harassment accusations[1], and a few high profile gaffes. Senator Gore, who promises to restore dwindling blue-collar jobs in the American Northeast and Midwest though the development of “Green Industry” initiatives while restoring the economy to pre-recession levels through technology investment and “fair market capitalism”, has received the endorsement of former Independent candidate H. Ross Perot, who pledged to support solar and wind initiatives in his home state of Texas if Gore’s proposed financial incentives come to pass. Hoping to take advantage of Bush’s struggling messaging on the economy, Gore is optimistic about his general election chances. Cont’d on A2.

Bush, Kemp Accept GOP Nomination
The New York Times, August 20th, 1992

368px-George_H._W._Bush_presidential_portrait_%28cropped_2%29.jpg
364px-Jack_Kemp_official_portrait.jpg

Houston – President George H. W. Bush today accepted the GOP nomination for President of the United States, with Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Jack F. Kemp accepting the nomination as Vice Presidential candidate after Vice President Dan Quayle announced his intention not to run again earlier this year.

Kemp’s acceptance speech was met with both cheers and boos. The selection of Kemp and the accusations surrounding it have largely overshadowed the convention itself, with GOP Primary challenger Pat Buchannan alleging that Quayle was “run out” by Bush, who denies that he ever asked the gaffe-prone Quayle to step down. Kemp’s selection, which is expected to play well in the suburbs, has also alienated many Evangelical Christian voters, including many in the critical swing state of Ohio next door to Quayle’s home state of Indiana…Cont’d on A2.

Dave Letterman: So, Paul, did you hear that now CBS’s Ted Turner has endorsed Al Gore for President?

Paul: Is that so?

Dave: Yep, with Ross the Cross Boss and now the Mouth from the South behind the Bore known as Gore, it appears that the South has decided to rise again after all.

Paul: I’ll be sure to get out my Confederate money.

Dave: Do you have any good Dixie music for the occasion, Paul?

Paul: I’ve got this…

[Band starts to play the theme song to Southern Exposure]

[1] The earlier reckoning on sexual harassment strikes again, as the women who alleged assault by Bush following #MeToo in our timeline instead come out sooner.

Last edited:
Perot and Ted Turner endorsing Al Gore?
Funny how things work out😂

While I think that Perot is only doing it to put a wrench into Bush's reelection, Turner is probably more genuine given how much he cares about the environment.

With this and Bush's own demons it's almost too perfect for Gore, I'm honestly concerned that he will actually lose now.
@Geekhis Khan likes his irony after all!

Can't say much about their running mates, but sound like some solid choices.

Tsonga sounds alright, the world probably isn't ready for a female VP yet and anyone is better than Dan Quayle!

Regardless I wish all nominees the best of luck and a good and fair election.

Last edited:
Perot and Ted Turner endorsing Al Gore?
Funny how things work out😂

While I think that Perot is only doing it to put a wrench into Bush's reelection, Turner is probably more genuine given how much he cares about the environment.
is turner really caring about the environment, or is he afraid for the ire of his other half (jane fonda) if he doesn't? lol

Sensible move from Perot there- I guess getting 'green' jobs into his state helped heh?

VP Quayle made the right decision here, his presence was hurting Bush more than distracting attention imho.

Good luck to Gore and Tsongas - I suspect the Republicans are going to fight this one very dirty. Not that the Democracts have a clean record either, but I think this one will be nasty indeed. At least Gore is getting some good endorsements.

Wonder how much the 'Quayle effect' will hurt Bush and Kemp come election day? Stay at home Republicans or spoilt papers?

Going to be interesting. Nice one @Geekhis Khan

I really enjoyed reading the Indiana Jones reimaginings for this TL, the idea for the trilogy to have each movie focused on one of each of the Axis Powers was a genius move, it only makes me more excited to see how a "Cold War Trilogy" turns out, personally!

Maybe the 4th Indy movie could focus on Operation Paperclip and Atlantis?

I really enjoyed reading the Indiana Jones reimaginings for this TL, the idea for the trilogy to have each movie focused on one of each of the Axis Powers was a genius move, it only makes me more excited to see how a "Cold War Trilogy" turns out, personally!

Alternatively, maybe Indy could be hired to act as an Allied spy during the war. That way we have something in one of the minor Axis countries on the Eastern Front, which would be Bulgaria, Romania, Slovak, Hungaty, Croatia, or Finland, and thus allow Soviet action in there too.

In turn, maybe your idea would be the fifth in the series.

Wait, when did they announce a follow up trilogy?

Or is that just wishful thinking on your part?

Operating Paperclip, you say?
I can already imagine this:

*Guy with a heavy german accent walks up on Indy*
"Dr. Jones, I'm glad to finally meet..."

*Indy leaps up on him and puts him in a chokehold*

*Markus entering the Room*
"Indy, what are you doing with our new Professor of Astronomy?"

So let's dissect what's going on. Perot dropping out pretty much makes this a two horse race and his endorsement of Gore suggests that a lot of voters may either stay home ore vote for the one they would have backed. Quayle dropping out is fascinating....as is the specific focus upon Pat Buchanan's reaction to it. Either a spoiler campaign or a future presidential run for Mister Buchanan might be in the cards. Tsongas was one I dismissed in my own predictions due to his ill state of health but I think it a good choice to be made in the moment, as it were. The choice of Kemp is not a bad one if you want to appeal to the moderate section of the party, but again, Buchanan getting name-checked would worry me. And with Bush's sexual harrassment allegations (which were news to me, and it's quite shocking all in all) coming it, could not a ticket by Buchanan perhaps bleed off some of the Moral Majority support? Ted Turner going for Gore is...really interesting, and it makes sense.

I'm rooting for Gore all the way, truth be told. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Alternatively, maybe Indy could be hired to act as an Allied spy during the war. That way we have something in one of the minor Axis countries on the Eastern Front, which would be Bulgaria, Romania, Slovak, Hungaty, Croatia, or Finland, and thus allow Soviet action in there too.

In turn, maybe your idea would be the fifth in the series.

Wait, when did they announce a follow up trilogy?

Or is that just wishful thinking on your part?

Operating Paperclip, you say?
I can already imagine this:

*Guy with a heavy german accent walks up on Indy*
"Dr. Jones, I'm glad to finally meet..."

*Indy leaps up on him and puts him in a chokehold*

*Markus entering the Room*
"Indy, what are you doing with our new Professor of Astronomy?"
Yeah, seeing Indy in minor Axis nations would be cool too! But considering the Axis Trilogy (mostly) kinda covered the Axis Powers, mostly, I feel like that'd make things feel a little repetitive.

The Operation Paperclip idea is half-inspired by recent Indy 5 leaks, my personal idea of a Indy movie set in 1962 involves Indy, Marion, and maybe son and daughter uncovering MK-Ultra, which is performing experiments on some of the students attending Marshall College using the Tuaoi Stone: an ancient crystal that was discovered in the Mayan ruins of Piedras Negras in Guatemala during the 1930s. A college student named "Betsy" (Played by Neve Campbell) develops psychic powers; allowing her to unlock the human collective unconscious and learn the locations of the Atlantean Halls of Records, which were first mentioned in the readings of Edgar Cayce and are believed to be located under the foot of the Great Sphinx of Egypt, somewhere along the Yucatan Peninsula, and/or the Cueva de los Tayos in Ecuador. Each of these libraries houses individual pages from an ancient manuscript that reveals the location of the lost island of Atlantis.

Essentially it's the Jones Family attempting to stop rogue elements from both the CIA and the United States Armed Forces - who are collaborating with former Nazi scientists apart of Operation Paperclip from recovering the pages and finding Atlantis before the US Government, who seeks to use Atlantean Technology to to brainwash the US population for national unity against communists (A subtle historical reference to the McCarthyist US more shady atrocities)

It plays with 60's conspiracy theories and fits with the more morally-grey politics of the Cold War.

Essentially it's the Jones Family attempting to stop rogue elements from both the CIA and the United States Armed Forces - who are collaborating with former Nazi scientists apart of Operation Paperclip from recovering the pages and finding Atlantis before the US Government, who seeks to use Atlantean Technology to to brainwash the US population for national unity against communists (A subtle historical reference to the McCarthyist US more shady atrocities)
Personally I would enjoy it if the Ex Nazi scientists were a red herring, like Indy thinks they are behind it just to discover that it's the CIA.

Could be shown how even Indiana Jones isn't completely immune to prejudice and propaganda.

So let's dissect what's going on. Perot dropping out pretty much makes this a two horse race and his endorsement of Gore suggests that a lot of voters may either stay home ore vote for the one they would have backed. Quayle dropping out is fascinating....as is the specific focus upon Pat Buchanan's reaction to it. Either a spoiler campaign or a future presidential run for Mister Buchanan might be in the cards. Tsongas was one I dismissed in my own predictions due to his ill state of health but I think it a good choice to be made in the moment, as it were. The choice of Kemp is not a bad one if you want to appeal to the moderate section of the party, but again, Buchanan getting name-checked would worry me. And with Bush's sexual harrassment allegations (which were news to me, and it's quite shocking all in all) coming it, could not a ticket by Buchanan perhaps bleed off some of the Moral Majority support? Ted Turner going for Gore is...really interesting, and it makes sense.

I'm rooting for Gore all the way, truth be told. Can't wait to see where this goes.
Well with this world having the #MeToo much much sooner, was only a matter of time before it went from entertainment to politics. Bush was obviously going to be one targeted first but it will trickle down soon. Senators Packwood and Adams are probably sweating buckets right now.

As for Bush here is a source claiming Bush grouped a woman.

Yeah, seeing Indy in minor Axis nations would be cool too! But considering the Axis Trilogy (mostly) kinda covered the Axis Powers, mostly, I feel like that'd make things feel a little repetitive.

The Operation Paperclip idea is half-inspired by recent Indy 5 leaks, my personal idea of a Indy movie set in 1962 involves Indy, Marion, and maybe son and daughter uncovering MK-Ultra, which is performing experiments on some of the students attending Marshall College using the Tuaoi Stone: an ancient crystal that was discovered in the Mayan ruins of Piedras Negras in Guatemala during the 1930s. A college student named "Betsy" (Played by Neve Campbell) develops psychic powers; allowing her to unlock the human collective unconscious and learn the locations of the Atlantean Halls of Records, which were first mentioned in the readings of Edgar Cayce and are believed to be located under the foot of the Great Sphinx of Egypt, somewhere along the Yucatan Peninsula, and/or the Cueva de los Tayos in Ecuador. Each of these libraries houses individual pages from an ancient manuscript that reveals the location of the lost island of Atlantis.

It plays with 60's conspiracy theories and fits with the more morally-grey politics of the Cold War.
You could have the main baddie being an American either a man based off of CIA counterintelligence chief James Jesus Angleton or General Curtis Le May.

Also You could throw in Operations Northwoods as it gets reveal in 1992.

Status
Not open for further replies.