A Guide, Resource, and Repository of Could-have-been Ideologies for your Alternate History

It should probably be noted that there are left-wing rationalists out there who mix Bayesianism, obsession with logical fallacies, knee-jerk opposition to religion, and (occasional) Islamophobia with support for minorities, feminism, and social justice, though as far as I know they mainly seem to congregate around RationalWiki.

I used to be one of them, weirdly enough.

It appeals to arrogant nerds who don't want to embrace race realism.
Omg I was also one of those dipshits who saw RationalWiki as the fucking gospel truth lmao

Omg I was also one of those dipshits who saw RationalWiki as the fucking gospel truth lmao
I still read it sometimes, but I try to take it with a grain of salt. It's not the worst politics on the internet, but it's a mix of Islamophobia, achristianism, knee-jerk opposition to religion, typical rationalist arrogance, and some relatively rare good elements. Also, it's just depressing to read about how there are all these bigots, fascists, and fanatical religious people out there.

I for one look forward to all the new ideologies slouching toward Bethlehem in the 21st Century and these Accelerationism write-ups are just what the doctor ordered. I look forward to someone with a better grasp of it than me diving into Cathaysianism.

Last edited:
For what its worth, RationalWiki is one of the better parts of the 'rational movement' - if you check out places like LessWrong or SlateStarCodex it gets even worse.

Novuteranism
1547663212199.jpg

"Hybrid Pride Worldwide"
Born in the fever swamps of 4chan's /pol/ board, Novutera is described by the theory's creator as a fascist ethnostate destined to conquer the far north of North America, specifically Greenland and the area around Hudson Bay- so far so normal, at least as far as these sorts of things go. Novuteranism, however, is distinct in two major respects: in its particular strain of race theory and in the future goals of a hypothetical Novuteran state.

Novutera is described as an ethnostate explicitly and exclusively set aside for mixed-race people, the "Eurasian-Negroid race", specifically mixed people that are mostly white or asian but still part black. Among the many many pictures and infographics posted by the creator there is a very singleminded focus on skin shade, and he outright states that no skin tone darker than beige would be tolerated and that being able to see one's wrist veins through the skin is a mark of proper levels of skin pigment. Opposed to both Jews and darker skinned people, the Novuteran theory rests on the assumption that the colder weather of the northern hemisphere was responsible for the rise of a list of social traits among whites and Asians considered beneficial, and that the hypothetical Eurasian-Negroid population needs to resubmerge itself in this cold crucible to achieve the greatness denied to it by both darker and lighter people throughout history.

Politically, Novuteranism is very keen on technocracy, eugenics and human experimentation, and is explicitly "anti-globalist", anti-communist and anti-democratic. Again this is fairly normal for weird alt-right analogues, but Novuteranism also shows a clear focus on pushing these traits to their most extreme conclusion, calling for retaliatory attacks on the rest of the world as revenge for historical anti-mixed bigotry and a massive reduction in the human population to below five hundred million, after which the Novuterans will allegedly leave the Earth to colonize an ice planet called Xenoxicron, using the knowledge gained from large scale human experimentation to tailor themselves to their new environment.

There's a lot to unpack here, obviously. The theory is allegedly the work of a group called the Null Set Collective but I'm almost completely certain that it's all the output of one person who keeps posting it, since it's only ever one arm heiling the flag in the occasional photos. Most of the theoretical output seems to be infographics, fashwave images and greentexts, and it's an open question whether someone is advocating for this sincerely or as some sort of elaborate joke.

The only way to really make the Novuterans good guys would be for them to establish their technocratic ethnostate through peaceful secession movements rather than conquest, with an emphasis on encouraging interracial relationships and setting immigration quotas rather than ethnically cleansing their new nation. Obviously the apocalyptic wars of extermination and migration to Xenoxicron are out the window, but it's certainly possible for biohacking and some tinkering around with the local ecosystem to take off.

In contrast, it's ridiculously easy to make the Novuterans bad guys. Not only is there a focus on using WMDs to launch apocalyptic race wars and a gleeful embrace of human experimentation but the author explicitly includes a definition of the chaotic evil alignment as an example of the ideal Novuteran psychological profile and "existential nihilism/voidseeking" is listed in the Null Set Collective's political positions for their one-party dictatorship.

1534732306811.png

-Novuteran flag
1543177928289.png

-Novuteranism in a nutshell

Last edited:
I guarantee you this is one schizo plus a few people in it for the meme

Personally I'd love to see a war between this and the other mixed-race-good Latin American guy from earlier posts, as to whether the best crucible for the mixed master race is cold climates or hot climates
There's the rub, since Novutera groups white/black, white/Asian, and Asian/black mixes positively under "eugenics" (provided a light enough skin tone and the whole vein thing) but considers anything outside this narrow band as "miscegenation" and opposes it

Novuteranism
View attachment 663974
"Hybrid Pride Worldwide"
Born in the fever swamps of 4chan's /pol/ board, Novutera is described by the theory's creator as a fascist ethnostate destined to conquer the far north of North America, specifically Greenland and the area around Hudson Bay- so far so normal, at least as far as these sorts of things go. Novuteranism, however, is distinct in two major respects: in its particular strain of race theory and in the future goals of a hypothetical Novuteran state.

Novutera is described as an ethnostate explicitly and exclusively set aside for mixed-race people, the "Eurasian-Negroid race", specifically mixed people that are mostly white or asian but still part black. Among the many many pictures and infographics posted by the creator there is a very singleminded focus on skin shade, and he outright states that no skin tone darker than beige would be tolerated and that being able to see one's wrist veins through the skin is a mark of proper levels of skin pigment. Opposed to both Jews and darker skinned people, the Novuteran theory rests on the assumption that the colder weather of the northern hemisphere was responsible for the rise of a list of social traits among whites and Asians considered beneficial, and that the hypothetical Eurasian-Negroid population needs to resubmerge itself in this cold crucible to achieve the greatness denied to it by both darker and lighter people throughout history.

Politically, Novuteranism is very keen on technocracy, eugenics and human experimentation, and is explicitly "anti-globalist", anti-communist and anti-democratic. Again this is fairly normal for weird alt-right analogues, but Novuteranism also shows a clear focus on pushing these traits to their most extreme conclusion, calling for retaliatory attacks on the rest of the world as revenge for historical anti-mixed bigotry and a massive reduction in the human population to below five hundred million, after which the Novuterans will allegedly leave the Earth to colonize an ice planet called Xenoxicron, using the knowledge gained from large scale human experimentation to tailor themselves to their new environment.

There's a lot to unpack here, obviously. The theory is allegedly the work of a group called the Null Set Collective but I'm almost completely certain that it's all the output of one person who keeps posting it, since it's only ever one arm heiling the flag in the occasional photos. Most of the theoretical output seems to be infographics, fashwave images and greentexts, and it's an open question whether someone is advocating for this sincerely or as some sort of elaborate joke.

The only way to really make the Novuterans good guys would be for them to establish their technocratic ethnostate through peaceful secession movements rather than conquest, with an emphasis on encouraging interracial relationships and setting immigration quotas rather than ethnically cleansing their new nation. Obviously the apocalyptic wars of extermination and migration to Xenoxicron are out the window, but it's certainly possible for biohacking and some tinkering around with the local ecosystem to take off.

In contrast, it's ridiculously easy to make the Novuterans bad guys. Not only is there a focus on using WMDs to launch apocalyptic race wars and a gleeful embrace of human experimentation but the author explicitly includes a definition of the chaotic evil alignment as an example of the ideal Novuteran psychological profile and "existential nihilism/voidseeking" is listed in the Null Set Collective's political positions for their one-party dictatorship.

View attachment 663956
-Novuteran flag
View attachment 663975
-Novuteranism in a nutshell
This one is just so incredibly insane and convoluted I have a hard time believing even is creator would take it seriously and this isn’t just a couple pol-people goofing around

In that greentext, the things that really stand out to me (even more so than the space colonization and DNA manipulation, somehow) are the vein thing and relocating random animals to the arctic. I’m fairly pale and I can’t see my veins in my wrist (please let me know if this is a sign of a medical problem or something), so I don’t see how veins and skin color would be related.

And the animal thing, what would the point be of that? There’s already lots of animals in the arctic, I don’t think any of them can be domesticated, if that’s what that’s going for, but neither can penguins.

I will give them this though, “Racial alchemy” is a really unique euphemism for eugenics, sounds like something Himmler would have come up with.

This one is just so incredibly insane and convoluted I have a hard time believing even is creator would take it seriously and this isn’t just a couple pol-people goofing around

In that greentext, the things that really stand out to me (even more so than the space colonization and DNA manipulation, somehow) are the vein thing and relocating random animals to the arctic. I’m fairly pale and I can’t see my veins in my wrist (please let me know if this is a sign of a medical problem or something), so I don’t see how veins and skin color would be related.

And the animal thing, what would the point be of that? There’s already lots of animals in the arctic, I don’t think any of them can be domesticated, if that’s what that’s going for, but neither can penguins.

I will give them this though, “Racial alchemy” is a really unique euphemism for eugenics, sounds like something Himmler would have come up with.
As to the vein thing, based on the photos the author's occasionally posted and a pretty heavy fixation on the alleged levels of admixture of Liberia's various leaders and the relative effects of that on the country I'd say the entire ideology is clearly some sort of really bitter inferiority complex about the status of biracial people in "traditional" supremacist race theories. I think explaining the animal collection is comparatively much simpler, serving as a way to stock Novutera with game in preparation for the exodus to Xenoxicron. Having a cold weather ecological package would be a necessity, even with radical cybernetic and biological engineering. I will say racial alchemy is an interesting name, like if the nations in Avatar were based on the four humors instead of the classical elements.

Last edited: