A Future Wargaming Idea

I tried a while ago to create a PBEM future wargame (set in around 2011), but it failed. So, I've decided to try it again. Here's the basic story line.

In 1991, the hardline Communist coup in Russia succedes. All Soviet states (exceot for Belaruss and the Baltic states) secede from the USSR. Boris Yeltsin travels to the Ukraine, and raises the Russian Republican Army to take back Russia from the Communists. In 1993, the four remaining Soviet republics and Chechneya sedede from Russia. Yeltsin sees his chance, and moves on Moscow.

The Communists are overthorwn in an extremley popular coup, and Yeltsin becomes President of the Union of Russia. The communists form the Russian Imperial Party lead by Dmitriy Gerchev, a fictatious person. The RIP comes to power in the elections of 2003, beating incumbent Vladmir Putin. RIP restores the destroyed Russian economy and rebuilds the military.

In 2009, Finland and Russia begin a two-year long border dispute. March 3rd, 2011 sees the Russian invasaion of Finland. NATO, UN, and the US condem these attacks but do nothing. The war butterflies into a global war when Serbian armies move into the disputed nation of the Republic of Kosovo, then roll into Albania. The Allies declare war on Serbia, Russia, and China January 16th, 2012.

MAJOR PLAYABLE NATIONS
-------------------------
-Allies:
United States of America*
United Kingdom
France
Germany
Italy
Israel
Japan
-Entente:
Russia
Serbia
China
Syria
Egypt
*-taken by me.

How do we play?

I'll take Japan or the UK if someone will explain the gameplay first.
Or maybe India if it could be added to the game.

Last edited:
I might be interested (I'll wait till I see the mechanics). I'd take Italy or Israel. Israel could kick more ass (probably), but, being a Romanophile and devout Catholic, I just gotta go wit Italy.

The Basic Mechanics of Mikey's Wargame:

This games will be played on a forum. Each nation will post their military numbers and sizes, and if the equipment is new, then they must give some information about it. Then, when the game starts, the players will post newspaper snippets about their nations latest moves, and the other nations will respond with moves and articles of theor own. Every day (if there's enough articles) I will put up important articles on a 'news' webiste.

Linkwerk said:
Well....I would want israel....but, russia?
I could be easily convinced to give up Israel, as I've got my own projects that I really should get to (and then, there's that minor matter of college, instead of sleeping through the classes).

on checking out the site, i really don't think i've got enough time to be a real player like russia. sorry for flip-flopping, it's just that i'm currently involved in a similar game and i don't think i could do two.

A smaller nation like, say, japan or egypt....