A Flag Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapsburg

Banned
It sounds too modern, I always perfer the older, elevated, style of names that have little to do with what they actually are ("Holy Roman Empire" for the German state, for example)... I suppose it works, though, considering it's a future TL... (And it sounds better than "Joint Human Command", the main human entity in my own as-of-yet mostly unwritten future scenario...)
It also has that little bit of "1984" thing to it, with the contradictory statements. After all, a DICTATORIAL republic???:D
Only humans could be so bold.:rolleyes: :p

And, yes, I realize Rome could also have been called a Dictatorial Republic at time.

ok, here are some requests i have:

-flag of communist germany
-republic of brittany (independent of france)
-flag of a communist arab nation.

hi TheGransVizier,
for republiic of brittany's flag, I suggest to use one of three common ones:
gwenn ha du (black and white) created in 1923, which is actually flag of emsav, the breton movement as the whole

the kroaz du (the black cross) granted to the duchy by the pope for the crusade propuse in 1188, when Brittany was seen as a independant nation (my favorite one)

the hermine flag in use from 1316 in the Duchy

(see the attachment)

ps: BTW it's my first post, so hello everybody

bzh_flag.GIF

Some idea about about Hitler ruled communist germany’s flags:

(1) The most obvious, the same as OTL East Germany, the most realistic BTW, but no “Hitler rule” flavour

(2) A more “hitlerian” one, same pattern as OTL EG but with imperial Germany colours. The official name should be then: demokratische Republik von Grossdeutchland

(3) final a very hitlerian one: it is national bolshevik party flag which is actually a current real Russian party (jusr imagine the worst of Nazism and Bolshevism at the same time:eek: )

thx blackMage

red_germ.GIF

Last edited:
It also has that little bit of "1984" thing to it, with the contradictory statements. After all, a DICTATORIAL republic???:D
Only humans could be so bold.:rolleyes: :p

And, yes, I realize Rome could also have been called a Dictatorial Republic at time.

As could modern North Korea, Cuba, China, etc...

hi TheGransVizier,
for republiic of brittany's flag, I suggest to use one of three common ones:
gwenn ha du (black and white) created in 1923, which is actually flag of emsav, the breton movement as the whole

the kroaz du (the black cross) granted to the duchy by the pope for the crusade propuse in 1188, when Brittany was seen as a independant nation (my favorite one)

the hermine flag in use from 1316 in the Duchy

(see the attachment)

ps: BTW it's my first post, so hello everybody

welcome fellow newbie!

i'm from brittany myself, just curious what members would think of republic of brittany flag. i'm myself a breizh independentist, for creation of an independent republic seperate of france.

grandvizier

welcome fellow newbie!

i'm from brittany myself, just curious what members would think of republic of brittany flag. i'm myself a breizh independentist, for creation of an independent republic seperate of france.

grandvizier

Demat,

I am of breton descent actually, and I am intersted in Brittany's fate. Do you belong to some emsav movement?

Thande

Donor
Two Bretons at once, strange coincidence :confused:

You two need to seek out EvolvedSaurian, he's our relevant Knee-jerk Supporter Of Any Vaguely Celtic Nationalist Movement ;)

BTW, here's a flag of a united Wales/Cornwall/Brittany I did a while back:

United Celtic States.GIF

Thande

Donor
I've always loved that flag, Thande. Considered doing a map bassed off of it, but wasn't sure if you would mind.
Go ahead, by all means :)

I've tried doing a few maps before but they always end up as the same kind of thing:

- A state including Cornwall, Wales and Brittany (represented by that flag)

- An English state which covers most of OTL England plus the Netherlands and perhaps Denmark

- Irish Scotland. (Or Scottish Ireland - at this point it's pretty much the same thing ;) )

Highlander

Banned
Go ahead, by all means :)

I've tried doing a few maps before but they always end up as the same kind of thing:

- A state including Cornwall, Wales and Brittany (represented by that flag)

- An English state which covers most of OTL England plus the Netherlands and perhaps Denmark

- Irish Scotland. (Or Scottish Ireland - at this point it's pretty much the same thing ;) )

Actually, after reading this, I realize I had misinterpretted it the whole time!

At first I thought you meant a Celtic United States, based in North America.

But now I realize your idea is better;) I'll give it a shot; got some ideas now, actually.

You two need to seek out EvolvedSaurian, he's our relevant Knee-jerk Supporter Of Any Vaguely Celtic Nationalist Movement ;)

Sounds like ES's wet dream :D

I've stereotyped myself. :cool:

I prefer the Irish and, to a lesser extent, the Scots. The Brythons are either too funny to think of (Cornwall and Brittany) or too easy to make fun of (Wales).

Just don't tell them that. ;)

Better, the United Kingdom of Scotland and Ireland!

peli2.jpg

The green seems... wrong... Too bright.

Demat,

I am of breton descent actually, and I am intersted in Brittany's fate. Do you belong to some emsav movement?

demat,

nice to see another breton onboard. i dont belong to any movement whatsover, just supporter of independence and cultural identity of brittany. i dont like political stuff too much

Status
Not open for further replies.