A Flag Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a flag I did for a poli role-play game I used to play alot (not so much anymore).

It's the flag of a state (the American kind) with a near equal mix of (liberal) muslims and (reformist) jews.

Second Flag of Medina.png

Some new flags

Kingdom of Spain
Kingdom_of_Spain_by_Sapiento.png

People's Republic of Spain
People__s_Republic_of_Spain_by_Sapiento.png

UK of Britavia
The_United_Kingdom_of_Britavia_by_Sapiento.png

This flag is a reproduction by Rubberduck3y6's flag, who was so kind to allow me to use it. UK of Britavia-Denmark
UK_of_Britavia_Denmark_by_Sapiento.png

That's why I needed the flag above:
Flag_evolution_by_Sapiento.png

For descriptions visit my deviantart account.

Hope you like it.

Kingdom of Spain

People's Republic of Spain

UK of Britavia

This flag is a reproduction by Rubberduck3y6's flag, who was so kind to allow me to use it. UK of Britavia-Denmark

That's why I needed the flag above:

For descriptions visit my deviantart account.

Hope you like it.

I have question about the flag for the Kingdom of Spain: Is the civil flag a yellow field with a red border? Or is there no civil flag because it doesn't look very good without the arms?

Goldstein

Banned
This is the first in (what I hope to be) a series, depending on interest, creating alternate flags for nations with a tricolour, basically making them more interesting and original. Don't get me wrong, the tricolour is aesthetically pleasing, but it's so ubiquitous!

Republican Spain

Republica Alternativa.png

Yup. Glad you like it. :D

Did you use Inkscape to make it? Or did you use paint.NET, or something else?

Either way, could you please post a non-purple-edged, cleaned-up version of it? I really like it; I might like to use it sometime. I would of course give credit if I ever did use it for anything. :eek:

Goldstein

Banned
Did you use Inkscape to make it? Or did you use paint.NET, or something else?

Either way, could you please post a non-purple-edged, cleaned-up version of it? I really like it; I might like to use it sometime. I would of course give credit if I ever did use it for anything. :eek:

I just used plain and simple MSpaint... though useless for (Ampersand level) mapmaking, I find it a very useful flagmaking tool. Feel free to use the CoA in any context.

Ecudo Alternativo.png

The red border represents the restrictions of the king's powers by the people.

In an althistory, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a simple flag. It's less showy, but IMO more realistic. Most of the world's countries in OTL have opted for "boring" flags, and in an ATL there would seem to be little reason for that to be different.

I Would Like to repost this-Can someone redo this, please?

Hi! Brdman here. I'm reposting a flag from my photobucket account, a nationalist/Communist Russia based on communist Bulgarias Flag. I Changed the ribbon color to White-Blue-Red and replaced the lion with double-headed eagle.
This image is poorly done. If someone took a stab at it to make a better image, I'd appreciate it! (no wavy flags, please)
Thanxs:D

Here's the original images, reposted:

Russo-CommunistBulgFlag.jpg

Russo-CommunistBulgaria2.jpg

Hi! Brdman here. I'm reposting a flag from my photobucket account, a nationalist/Communist Russia based on communist Bulgarias Flag. I Changed the ribbon color to White-Blue-Red and replaced the lion with double-headed eagle.
This image is poorly done. If someone took a stab at it to make a better image, I'd appreciate it! (no wavy flags, please)
Thanxs:D

Here's the original images, reposted:
Not bad, but I have one question over the design. I can assume this Russia is Communist, with the whole red star and grain. If it is, why would it use the Tsarist eagle openly. I thought the communists, even nationalistic ones, would want to distance itself from any bourgeois symbols of the old era.

Not bad, but I have one question over the design. I can assume this Russia is Communist, with the whole red star and grain. If it is, why would it use the Tsarist eagle openly. I thought the communists, even nationalistic ones, would want to distance itself from any bourgeois symbols of the old era.
Hm, indeed- I could potentially see something with the eagle, but without the imperial crown, regalia, or St. George, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.