A Few Acres of Snow: A Map and Graphic Timeline

I would honestly expect a significant influx of Anglophones.
This is true. And (given their larger than OTL presence nearby) Francophones. Everyone wants the chance to get rich off gold, after all.

Maybe Germans or Poles too? Coming through Russia once the Transsiberian Railway is completed.

Speaking of Serbia, I imagine Alyeska still gets a fair bit of emigration from Orthodox Slavic countries other than Russia like IOTL. Do we have figures like half Serbian half Tinglit indigenous rights activist Roy Peratrovich? He's one of my favorite historical figures just because of how unusual that combination is.
I would honestly expect a significant influx of Anglophones.
This is true. And (given their larger than OTL presence nearby) Francophones. Everyone wants the chance to get rich off gold, after all.

Maybe Germans or Poles too? Coming through Russia once the Transsiberian Railway is completed.
Yes I think there would probably be a lot of waves of migration from different places with all the various gold rushes, with many of the immigrants then leaving and some staying, along with a larger and more permanent wave of migration of White Russian refugees fleeing the Russian Revolution (and possibly other minority groups from the Russian Empire - in addition to the famous plan to settle Jewish refugees in Alaska that inspired The Yiddish Policemen's Union, I'm kicking myself that I only just found out about the proposal to create a New Finland in Alaska after finishing the map).

Retcon, January 2024
Happy new year, all! As is my typical bad habit, after much agonizing I've decided to make some retcons. France was now on the winning side of the Great Wars and is still a great power. The posts on the First Great War and the list of French monarchs should now be considered non-canon, and Canada no longer has its Caribbean and Pacific territories. The first page is updated with a new world map but that should still be considered subject to change in Europe, Africa, and East Asia as I work out the new history more.

Map of Australia
AFAoS banner.png
dh033fo-66640f07-fab6-4122-a2c3-7e1305ca5f23.png