I was watching a documentary about the rise of Eastern Coyotes the other day, and it got me wondering about the threads here that discussing domesticating OTL wild animals.
So what if at some point Pre Columbian tribes could have domesticated Coyotes in a manner similar to the wolf in Eurasia.

I was watching a documentary about the rise of Eastern Coyotes the other day, and it got me wondering about the threads here that discussing domesticating OTL wild animals.
So what if at some point Pre Columbian tribes could have domesticated Coyotes in a manner similar to the wolf in Eurasia.
The Native Americans had domesticated dogs.

A scenario similar to yours actually did happen OTL in the Tierra de Fuego, where the Native Americans domesticated a local canid called the Falklands Wolf. They didn't have domestic dogs though, so that niche was unfilled.

Wouldn't these be just other dogs? But probably these can't breed with Old World dogs.
They can, they're called "coydogs". It was occasionally done amongst some American Indian groups and occurs naturally in some parts of the coyote's range where they're expanding into new territories.
How domesticable are coyotes?
I'd assume on the higher end of the scale given their attraction to human dwellings. If humans didn't have dogs when they arrived in the Americas it's likely coyotes would've been domesticated.