(Credit is due for Joshua Ben Ari and Emperor Norton I.)

What if Paramount/ Viacom pick not to do Voyager, or Enterprise when they did? In this, Voyager is not made in 1995, but is turn into a book series. (Taking a page from the Star Wars EU and trust the authors.) DS9 ends in 1999 like OTL, and when 2005 rolls around, Enterprise is made. Ronald D. Moore stays as a writer for ST and does stuff for ENT.

So how do think this would work out? Would this help the Star Trek franchise? Affects on pop culture and the world?

What motivates Paramount to greenlight ENT? Also, who's creating and leading it?

Having people like Sussman and Coto developing it will probably be better than Berman and Braga; starting from the beginning to fill in gaps in the ST canon will go a long way to making the series doable, at least for fans.

What motivates Paramount to greenlight ENT? Also, who's creating and leading it?

Having people like Sussman and Coto developing it will probably be better than Berman and Braga; starting from the beginning to fill in gaps in the ST canon will go a long way to making the series doable, at least for fans.

Well, the idea is to save Bermanand Braga from the bashing they got. We thought that without Voyager and Enterprise, it would give them time and room to think and use good ideas. Give them breathing room. Ronald D. Moore also stay on for Enterprise.

The thing, by the time ENT rolled around, Star Trek had been continuously on since 1987. It was just too much. Too many shows within the same time. Without Voyager in 95 and 2001 with ENT, it would be a whole lot better for the whole franchise.

Sussman and Coto can lead it if you want.

Well, the idea is to save Bermanand Braga from the bashing they got. We thought that without Voyager and Enterprise, it would give them time and room to think and use good ideas. Give them breathing room. Ronald D. Moore also stay on for Enterprise.

The thing, by the time ENT rolled around, Star Trek had been continuously on since 1987. It was just too much. Too many shows within the same time. Without Voyager in 95 and 2001 with ENT, it would be a whole lot better for the whole franchise.

Sussman and Coto can lead it if you want.
The problem is that Berman and Braga fell into the same trap Al Jean et al have over the Simpsons - they insist they've got stories for years are really hitting their stride, despite the fact critical and fan acclaim is going ever lower. They may walk out venting such negativity, and we'd still dislike them anyway.

Would Moore come back, though? NuBSG hasn't been mentioned, so I'm not sure if it would be butterflied or not. I think Moore said he was inspired in part by what Voyager should have been. Would he still have that without Voyager?

The problem is that Berman and Braga fell into the same trap Al Jean et al have over the Simpsons - they insist they've got stories for years are really hitting their stride, despite the fact critical and fan acclaim is going ever lower. They may walk out venting such negativity, and we'd still dislike them anyway.

Would Moore come back, though? NuBSG hasn't been mentioned, so I'm not sure if it would be butterflied or not. I think Moore said he was inspired in part by what Voyager should have been. Would he still have that without Voyager?

Hmm... that is a issue. I'm the one who hopes Moore can stay make it, or at least something like it, but if not, well, that's a price to pay. Maybe without Voyager, he would be more willing.