A Different Outcome on November 9, 1923

Faeelin

Banned
On NOember 9, 1923, Hitler led the putsch in munich. The Naxis occupied the army headquarters in Munich, and Nazis also took over the police headquarters. Gathering about 2,000 supporters, they marched on the city's center. At the end of the street near the ministry of war, they were met by an armed cordon of police.

14 people were killed, as well as four policemen.

Say that Hitler was one of them. The nazi leader has just been shot in an attempt to take over germany. What now?

Immediate events go as in OTL. Banning, arrests etc. The question is who gets to lead party. IIRC Goering escaped, Hess was in jail.

I see some "moderate" taking over, making NSDAP more along Faschist party in Italy. Tone down the hate a bit (specially antisemitism). If they start to get more power I see radical elements (Rohm? Himmler?) launching some sort of internal coup and take over leadership. NSADAP becomes more radical but without Hitler's charisma they get nowhere near power they had in OTL.

Grey Wolf

Donor
Goering could be interesting in this timeline. Without Hitler to run the NSDAP it will probably go nowhere, but that is not to say that all of its members will not. I could see Goering becoming something in another right-wing party (Hugenburg ? I can never spell his name. Perhaps something with Tirpitz). Without the Nazis, the most likely routes for the German Republic to eventually go down are either a Communist take-over after the general economic collapse or more likely a restoration of the monarchy with the nationalists, military and conservatives coming together out of necessity as they did with Hitler in OTL

Grey Wolf
coughing away