A Destiny Realized: A Timeline of Afsharid Iran and Beyond

Love the update--the semi-narrative style makes for very good reading. Really brings us closer to the world of the TL.

Greetings everyone!

Thought I'd just give a quick update as I realise things have been a little bit quiet here lately. I have been in Bahrain for a few weeks, but some real life business may well be keeping me busy for a few weeks more unfortunately. Rest assured that this timeline definitely isn't dead, it's just sleeping.

Thanks to everyone for your support so far.

Zipping in to just give a bit of and update on things. With Ramadan here and a number of other real life issues, work has been slower than I'd anticipated which is especially annoying as I was close to finishing the current cycle of updates. Besides this and said real life issues I have also been working on another project as well, but that's still in its infancy. Nevertheless I'll try and have an update done within a week.
Uhhh, I always thought he was. He's an Arab (check the middle part), Muslim, and is married to a Malaysian from... Kedah or Perak, if my memory is correct. He did mention some of this in passing though, so it's easy to to overlook it.
So to clarify on the mysteries of my origins, it's complicated. I'm actually half Arab and Irish, though I actually only hold a British passport (I do have Bahraini nationality but haven't bothered to apply for a passport as of yet). And we aren't quite married yet, but she is Kedahan. Sort of anyway, she's Penangite by birth.

So to clarify on the mysteries of my origins, it's complicated. I'm actually half Arab and Irish, though I actually only hold a British passport (I do have Bahraini nationality but haven't bothered to apply for a passport as of yet). And we aren't quite married yet, but she is Kedahan. Sort of anyway, she's Penangite by birth.

As awkward as my question feels, I thank you for the explanation.

This is pretty strange, the response i would expect from outlawing the religion of the economic and political centre of the country would be continious and ruinous civil strife and disintegration of the empire not an end to religious rebellion.

It's the mid 19th century, modern methods of terrorism and revolutionary movement building don't exist yet, and Islam is generally rather less politicized (the Islam of the average Man in the Village Street, even in Shia areas, is much more likely to be quietist and traditional than it would be a century later). And the very fact this _is_ the developed core means that there are few refuges from government influence, unlike, say, the mountains of Afghanistan. Unrest is likely, but the levels of mobilization needed for general Mad Maxery aren't feasible at this point.

Sorry if this has been covered but how have the armenian diaspora developed ittl as historic armenia seems to be entirely under iranian control, only cilicia still in the ottoman empire.

The armenian communities in in india during this time were often linked to the Persians and declined around the time that persia did and britain began to take over, has a continued persian presence kept these armenians in positions of power on the subcontinent?

Further is there a degree of self governence ala the millet system, are they governed from new julfa or from a city in historic armenia?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.