Aww glad that Giuliano dosen't seem angry over the fact that he has a daughter and not a son...
Eh, eh… Giuliano is far too much besotted with his little girl to resent the fact who she is female and if he has other considerations about it, well, he think who a girl first is better as Lorenzo do not see her as a threat so his wife and child are safer for the moment

1516 - Journeys and happy news
Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk was happy to be again in England after another long sojourn in Scotland for consenting to Margaret to stay with her sons (and Charles had sweared to himself who they would spend at least the whole month of April in Scotland every year, unless something made the journey impossible, for consenting to Margaret to be present at her sons‘ birthdays) but he had to admit who Scotland was not at all a bad place (and Henry’s laughs when he had told him that would likely remain forever impressed in his memory) and he had luckily established a cordial relationship not only with the Duke of Albany, Regent of Scotland but also with the Earls of Arran and Huntly, who were two the most important members of the council who ruled in James’ name and also cousins of his late father and he was happy to see who Margaret had formed a friendship with the Duchess of Albany once they had finally meet (as Anne had lived in France until the previous December and Albany had never brought her with him in his short and infrequent visits to James IV’s court or when he had arrived in Scotland in the months after the King’s death).

Margaret on her side was grateful to see how well everything had adjusted in her life in a way who she had believed impossible after the death of her beloved James, but now she was here, again married to a man who she loved, had reconciled with her brother and had not lost her sons. Plus she was welcomed in both England and Scotland , had established a good relationship with her stepdaughters, and she and Charles had a wonderful little daughter, who would soon be joined by another sibling (and she was curious to see her husband’s reaction to her news, as she had no idea of what expect as little Margaret’s unplanned arrival had shaken their lives)

Last edited:
Not lost custody and access to her sons aka James V of Scotland and Alexander of Ross…
She seriously risked that in remarrying, like all the princesses, Queens and noblewomen of her times
Which is why I asked "how" - surely her remarriage would put her custody of her sons in jeopardy?

Which is why I asked "how" - surely her remarriage would put her custody of her sons in jeopardy?
Albany (and Arran) have nothing to fear from Suffolk (and truly feel to cruel forcing a permanent separation between Margaret and the boys as they are both very young) so they agreed who Margaret would keep (shared) custody of the children and she and Charles would be always welcomed in Scotland but the boys could not leave the Kingdom (something on which Margaret fully agreed).
Basically Albany coming to Scotland shortly after James’ death and Margaret marrying Charles instead of her OTL second husband changed everything for her

Albany (and Arran) have nothing to fear from Suffolk (and truly feel to cruel forcing a permanent separation between Margaret and the boys as they are both very young) so they agreed who Margaret would keep (shared) custody of the children and she and Charles would be always welcomed in Scotland but the boys could not leave the Kingdom (something on which Margaret fully agreed).
Basically Albany coming to Scotland shortly after James’ death and Margaret marrying Charles instead of her OTL second husband changed everything for her
Fair enough, and I can see why Charles would pursue Margaret, but what's the appeal of him to her? He brings nothing to the table

Fair enough, and I can see why Charles would pursue Margaret, but what's the appeal of him to her? He brings nothing to the table
You have read the story from the beginning? Because most of your recent questions are already explained in the earlier chapters and basically was Margaret to pursue Charles not the other way…

You have read the story from the beginning? Because most of your recent questions are already explained in the earlier chapters and basically was Margaret to pursue Charles not the other way…
Is it the chapter where "Suffolk stole the queen of France" because uhhh I can't find it again

Is it the chapter where "Suffolk stole the queen of France" because uhhh I can't find it again
That is another story (Brandon/Margaret is a pair who I like and used more than once as they gave me a good way for resolve some things)

Relevant chapters here are “the best laid plans…”, “Margaret of Scotland“ and “Queen Margaret’s choice”. The other chapters relevant to the storyline are “an unexpected welcome“ and “first meetings” plus “it is good being together again” for seeing something on the Scottish side

That is a clever idea, not gonna lie. And they'd be closer in age too.
Yes. I married Mary elsewhere (read to Charles V as originally planned) and then I kept Brandon’s marriage to a sister of Henry VIII using Margaret as both of them would be definitely capable to do that (Margaret’s remarriage to Angus was NOT that much different from Mary’s to Brandon in my opinion) with added benefit of saving Margaret from Angus…

Ooh I'm glad Suffolk has been well accepted by the Scots so far!
Well he is not a threat for them and their power and is Henry’s best friend meaning who accepting him is useful for trying to establish better relationship with England. Also Albany, Arran and Huntley all knew who Angus was courting Margaret and she was interested in him before Suffolk’s arrival so they are grateful for having escaped that danger…

1516 - Sometimes everything is good…
Madeleine, Queen Regent of France was happy: her son, King Jean III had celebrated his first birthday only few days early and was a boy strong and healthy, quite used to play with his half-sister, Renée, who was celebrating today her sixth birthday. Madeleine had gladly given her consent to the request of Madame de Soubise, Renée‘s governess, to arrange a celebration for her charge, also as way for compensating for the absence of Renée’s elder sister as the young Duchess of Brittany, at the end of her second pregnancy, was in confinement and had spent there also her own birthday, twelve days earlier. Madeleine, once returned in her rooms from the celebration in honour of Renée, was surprised by find a messenger from the Duke of Brittany and Valois waiting for her, but was reassured after reading the letter in which the Duke announced who his second daughter, Charlotte of Brittany, was born two days earlier and who both his wife and daughter were in good health.
Madeleine just hoped who her poor gentle stepdaughter was really doing well, and resting, without being mistreated by her odious mother-in-law as Louise of Savoy would surely be angry and unsatisfied for having “another useless granddaughter“ instead of a Count of Montfort in the cradle.
The letter from Scotland, sent by her own elder sister Anne, Duchess of Albany, arrived the previous day, together with some gift from the 4 years old King James V to his fiancée Renée, had also contribuite to her good mood as Anne had announced who she was finally expecting her first child and both she and her husband John were overjoyed for it. Madeleine knew who the only thing who she could do was continuing to hope for the best and be ready to the worst, and pray who this period of peace and serenity would be a long one.

Last edited: