A Daughter for Edward of Westminster and Anne Neville?

Anne gives birth to a healthy baby girl, who will probably receive the name Anne (we'll call her Anne of Lancaster for our purposes). Anne Neville's health was delicate, but we'll assume she survives as well.
just throwing this out there, but what if Anne does die in childbed? Firstly, Dickon's going to need a new wife- Margaret of Scots? Cecily Bonville?

just throwing this out there, but what if Anne does die in childbed? Firstly, Dickon's going to need a new wife- Margaret of Scots? Cecily Bonville?
Is it really all that likely that Anne marries Dickon if she lives? The Warwick inheritance problem becomes a lot easier if Edward can just stuff her in a convent and be done with it.

I think Cecily Bonville makes sense as a wife for Gloucester. Interesting though it would be for Dickon to marry Mary of Burgundy, I think there are still some pretty good reasons for her to still marry Maximilian.

Margaret of Scotland is likelier in my opinion,
Is it really all that likely that Anne marries Dickon if she lives? The Warwick inheritance problem becomes a lot easier if Edward can just stuff her in a convent and be done with it.
Edward IV need simply to sign the attainder for the late Warwick and maybe one for the Countess (unless he want remarry her to someone) and all his troubles with the Warwick’s lands will be gone

Margaret of Scotland is likelier in my opinion,

Edward IV need simply to sign the attainder for the late Warwick and maybe one for the Countess (unless he want remarry her to someone) and all his troubles with the Warwick’s lands will be gone
Is there any particular reason you think Margaret of Scotland would be more likely as a bride for Gloucester?

Is there any particular reason you think Margaret of Scotland would be more likely as a bride for Gloucester?
Once Edward had full right to do whatever he wishes with the lands confiscated to the traitors Neville (read BOTH Warwick and Montagu are attainted) then he has enough Northern lands to give to Richard, together with Middleham, to install him in the North and no need to marry him off to an heiress so the Scottish match would be more useful to keep good relations with Scotalnd and hopefully prevent borders skirmish…
Mary of Burgundy, naturally, is another very good choice but her match to Richard is unlikely to be seriously planned before Nicholas of Anjou’s death in 1473
Cecily Bonville is only 10 years in 1470 and her availability will depend much from Anne Holland’s fate as she was likely destined to marry Dorset as soon he was widowed (so I can see Cecily marrying Richard of Gloucester only if Anne Holland lived and she and Dorset had children)

Fair enough, that would make some sense. I do wonder if anyone in Scotland will take issue with the heir to the throne and the king's sister both having English spouses.
No reason for that as foreign matches for them are the likeliest option and using them for trying to keep peace on the borders is a good option. Scotland had already many English Queen (the last of them being James II’s mother) and princess Margaret had not much better prospects around (plus she has four siblings ahead of her in the succession)

Last edited:
I thought women weren't in the succession back then? Hence why all male lines had to be considered for succession
Scotland was under semi-Salic succession so females and their lines came after all the male lines, but at this point the only male royal lines of the Stewarts are the ones of James II‘s sons aka Margaret’s own brothers (I had not counted a third still living brother who would die unmarried so Margaret has four siblings ahead of her and not three) meaning who she and her sister are behind them in the succession

If Edward IV's daughters are unavailable, would it be possible for Margaret of Salisbury to marry the future Duke of Burgundy?

If Edward IV's daughters are unavailable, would it be possible for Margaret of Salisbury to marry the future Duke of Burgundy?
I highly doubt that Edward would not have a daughter available for a Duke of Burgundy but...in the case that he didn't, I don't think he would use Margaret as her father had been attained so she would receive at most a comfortable domestic match, nothing so glittering as a marriage in Burgundy.