A Cross for Sviatoslav - A Kievan Rus TL

May I ask why?

So will the Polish people ITTL eventually become Jewish or not? Becouse I think you should have them become Jewish.

The remaining part of Polans inc. Masovia gradually embraces Judaism once most of Greater Poland is lost to Pomerania and Bohemia, but that will be a long process.

This will be the religious composition
Polans(inc. Masovia) - Judaism
Pomerania
N. Greater Poland - Catholic
Bohemia later Lechia
S. Greater Poland/Calisia - Catholic
Silesia - Catholic
Sandomir - Catholic
Cracovia - Catholic
Silesia - Catholic

Last edited:
Drafts and Concepts for this timeline..or preview for the next chapters

Age of Vikings - draft

Boleslav I died and Boleslav II rose as the King of Bohemia in 973, King Boleslav II was very much enthusiastic in ruling Bohemia when he was crowned after the death of his own father, Boleslaw II was quite reculant in being the King of Bohemia and was very pious and made initial reforms in the Kingdom of Bohemia, Boleslav II was known in his piousness and his wit, Boleslav II taught Vratislav of how to be a good leader while Matilda of Germany treated Vratslav very gently and gave him a good home, at this time he was very nice to the families Slezavyc and Slavnik which are rivals to the Premyslids, he did no harm to these families because they are his great supporters, the Lachy Provinces(Cracovia, Calisia, Sandomir and Silesia ) start to rebel against the Premyslids but those rebellions are quelled. In 980, Mathilda of Germany dies, the nobility of Polans do convert to Judaism and then the Wends west of Oder also start to convert to Judaism as well.

Last edited:
Beginning of Normans in Iberia part 1
Upon reaching his majority and after Ramiro’s wedding to Sancha (d. after 983), perhaps daughter of Gómez Díaz, Count of Saldaña, Ramiro tried to institute an absolutist monarchy which resulted in the alienation of the already separatist Galicia and Castile.
In 984, he befriended a French nobleman named Henri de Hauteville who was doing a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela and decided to grant Galicia to Alphonse as a Duchy in order to end the revolts in Galicia, he became known as Duke Henry I of Galicia.
Ramiro told Henri de Hauteville, I will grant you Galicia, Alphonse and Alphonse agreed to be granted of Galicia, he told Ramiro that the people Galicia would love him because he will try to make Galicia as autonomous as possible in which Ramiro agreed and Alphonse guaranteed his loyalty to Ramiro.
Henri changed his name to Henrique when he began ruling Galicia and started the Atavila dynasty of Galicia.
Henrique de Atavila talked to a woman named Uracca and instantly fell in love with her, Henrique Atavila was devoted to Uracca and decided to marry her, Uracca was at first surprised at the proposal of Henrique Atavila but she later agreed about it, Uracca married Henrique in 986 and became the Duchess of Galicia. Many Normans followed Henry de Hauteville or Henrique de Atavila in settling the Duchy of Galicia, Uracca, Henrique’s wife gave birth to a son named Afonso in 987.
Afonso: I am very fortunate to have you as my own duchess, Uracca.
Uracca: I am very fortunate to have you too.
Uracca: Do you have any other woman in mind.
Afonso, no I only have you in mind, Uracca, because you are the mother of my child, Henrique.
Uracca: Am I sure of that.
Afonso: I am.satisfied with just you Uracca,I promise that
Uracca: I hope so.
Afonso: I hope that our realm will prosper.
Uracca: I hope so as well.
Uracca and Henrique did get along well because of their trust in each other and became good parents to Prince Afonso, Henrique paid a visit to Ramiro of Castile and made homage to Ramiro of Castile.

Europe-south-west-kingdoms.png

Last edited:
Draft Preview of the chapter Age of Vikings, I am accepting suggestions at this point....[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Age of Vikings

On the Kingdom of Germany, Theophanu gives birth to a son she names Philip on 974 AD, and Prince Basil of Byzantium was made as one of his own Godfathers, Prince Basil was a very powerful influence on Prince Philip’s life, Prince Basil saw a beautiful German woman at the court of Otto I and instantly falls inlove with her and her name is Gutta, Gutta married Prince Basil.
Otto I dies and Otto II is crowned as the Holy Roman Emperor in 975 AD.
Otto II and Prince Basil become good friends when Basil visited the Kingdom of Germany after Otto II’s coronation in 975 AD, in 976, Prince Basil became the Emperor of the Romans or the Rhomanoi and became known as Basil II, Theophana gives birth to a son named Philip in 978.
Boleslav I died and Boleslav II rose as the King of Bohemia in 973, King Boleslav II was very much enthusiastic in ruling Bohemia when he was crowned after the death of his own father, Boleslaw II was quite reculant in being the King of Bohemia and was very pious and made initial reforms in the Kingdom of Bohemia, Boleslav II was known in his piousness and his wit, Boleslav II taught Vratislav of how to be a good leader while Matilda of Germany treated Vratslav very gently and gave him a good home, at this time he was very nice to the families Slezavyc and Slavnik which are rivals to the Premyslids, he did no harm to these families because they are his great supporters. In 980, Mathilda of Germany dies, the nobility of Polans and a fraction of the people of Polans convert to Judaism and the Wends too west of Oder also start to convert to Judaism as well.
The marriage between Sweyn Forkbeard and Anna Sviatoslavna proceeded in 980 AD after many negotiations between the Rus and Denmark, Sviatoslav dies a few months after their wedding and was replaced by King Vyacheslav I of Kiev, Sweyn Forkbeard and Anna Sviatoslavna visited the wake of King Sviatoslav of Kiev and Doubravka was seen by her daughter Anna on mourning clothes, a few months after Olga of Kiev died as well. Anna Sviatoslavna later gave birth to a son she named Vladimir and known by his people as Valdemar, but the Pomeranians call him Vladimir, Harald Bluetooth died in 981 and Sweyn Forkbeard became the King of Denmark in the meantime Boguslav I of Pomerania annexes Poznan and Gniezno from the Polans and thus Polans retaining mostly Masovia starts to gradually convert to Judaism. King Vladimir or Valdemar I of Denmark becomes known in ruling Denmark and he was called great because he Vassalized Norway, Pomerania and England, he is the son of Anna Svatoslavovna and Sweyn Forkbeard, King of Denmark and also Grandson of Sviatoslav and Doubravka Boleslavovna, he was a good ally of Bohemia and Rus, the following year in 982, King Vyacheslav of Rus was married to Princess Anna Porphyrogenita, the sister of Prince Basil of the Byzantine Empire who later bore him a son named Basil Vyacheslav in 983, Judith of Hungary married Prince Vratislav of Bohemia in 985 who bore him a son named Bezprym in 986 and after a year also bore him a son named Boleslav in 987.
King Vyacheslav became closer to the Byzantine Empire due to his marriage to Anna Porphygenita, Doubravka of Bohemia, dowager Queen of Rus dies in 990.
King Boleslav II dies in 1000, King Vratislav the Great of Bohemia or Vratislav Chrabry or Vratislav II of Bohemia was known in being cruel and expansionist and wanted to prevent the rise of a Jewish country in Central Europe, he is the son of Mathilda of Germany and Boleslav II of Bohemia but he was revered as a great King because he conquered Lusatia from the ruler of Meissen and from the jurisdiction of the Holy Roman Empire. King Vratislav II of Bohemia blinded and later killed Lestek II, Duke of Polans, Lestek II was later replaced by Siemovit II of Polans,Vratislav the great married Judith of Hungary and his sons and successors are named Bezprym and Boleslav, he gave the lands of the Lachy(Silesia, Calisia, Sandomir and Krakovia) to Bezprym and the Czech lands to Boleslav, and due to the partition the Kingdom of Lechia was established.

Age of Vikings
On the Kingdom of Germany, Theophanu gives birth to a son she names Philip on 974 AD, and Prince Basil of Byzantium was made as one of his own Godfathers, Prince Basil was a very powerful influence on Prince Philip’s life, Prince Basil saw a beautiful German woman at the court of Otto I and instantly falls inlove with her and her name is Gutta, Gutta married Prince Basil.
Otto II and Prince Basil become good friends when Basil visited the Kingdom of Germany after Otto II’s coronation in 975 AD, in 976, Prince Basil became the Emperor of the Romans or the Rhomanoi and became known as Basil II, Theophana gives birth to a son named Philip in 978.
Boleslav I died and Boleslav II rose as the King of Bohemia in 973, King Boleslav II was very much enthusiastic in ruling Bohemia when he was crowned after the death of his own father, Boleslaw II was quite reculant in being the King of Bohemia and was very pious and made initial reforms in the Kingdom of Bohemia, Boleslav II was known in his piousness and his wit, Boleslav II taught Vratislav of how to be a good leader while Matilda of Germany treated Vratslav very gently and gave him a good home, at this time he was very nice to the families Slezavyc and Slavnik which are rivals to the Premyslids, he did no harm to these families because they are his great supporters. In 980, Mathilda of Germany dies, the nobility of Polans and a fraction of the people of Polans convert to Judaism and the Wends too west of Oder also start to convert to Judaism as well.
The marriage between Sweyn Forkbeard and Anna Sviatoslavna proceeded in 980 AD after many negotiations between the Rus and Denmark, Sviatoslav dies a few months after their wedding and was replaced by King Vyacheslav I of Kiev, Sweyn Forkbeard and Anna Sviatoslavna visited the wake of King Sviatoslav of Kiev and Doubravka was seen by her daughter Anna on mourning clothes, a few months after Olga of Kiev died as well. Anna Sviatoslavna later gave birth to a son she named Vladimir and known by his people as Valdemar, but the Pomeranians call him Vladimir, Harald Bluetooth died in 981 and Sweyn Forkbeard became the King of Denmark in the meantime Boguslav I of Pomerania annexes Poznan and Gniezno from the Polans and thus Polans retaining mostly Masovia starts to gradually convert to Judaism. King Vladimir or Valdemar I of Denmark becomes known in ruling Denmark and he was called great because he Vassalized Norway, Pomerania and England, he is the son of Anna Svatoslavovna and Sweyn Forkbeard, King of Denmark and also Grandson of Sviatoslav and Doubravka Boleslavovna, he was a good ally of Bohemia and Rus, the following year in 982, King Vyacheslav of Rus was married to Princess Anna Porphyrogenita, the sister of Prince Basil of the Byzantine Empire who later bore him a son named Basil Vyacheslav in 983, Judith of Hungary married Prince Vratislav of Bohemia in 985 who bore him a son named Bezprym in 986 and after a year also bore him a son named Boleslav in 987.
King Vyacheslav became closer to the Byzantine Empire due to his marriage to Anna Porphygenita, Doubravka of Bohemia, dowager Queen of Rus dies in 990.
King Boleslav II dies in 1000, King Vratislav the Great of Bohemia or Vratislav Chrabry or Vratislav II of Bohemia was known in being cruel and expansionist and wanted to prevent the rise of a Jewish country in Central Europe, he is the son of Mathilda of Germany and Boleslav II of Bohemia but he was revered as a great King because he conquered Lusatia from the ruler of Meissen and from the jurisdiction of the Holy Roman Empire. King Vratislav II of Bohemia blinded and later killed Lestek II, Duke of Polans, Lestek II was later replaced by Siemovit II of Polans,Vratislav the great married Judith of Hungary and his sons and successors are named Bezprym and Boleslav, he gave the lands of the Lachy(Silesia, Calisia, Sandomir and Krakovia) to Bezprym and the Czech lands to Boleslav, and due to the partition the Kingdom of Lechia was established.

This part is the end of this TL for me..if anyone wants to continue this, they can..

corrections and additions

I corrected parts of this TL because I noticed some mistakes, inconsistencies and typos and I added some changes as well.

Laurens_excomunication_1875_orsay_zps012e44a6.jpg

The Crowning of Hugh Capet

Hugh Capet, interested in an alliance with the Kingdom of Burgundy had his young son, Robert betrothed to Bertha of Burgundy, the Dukes of Burgundy made this betrothal possible because they negotiated in a betrothal and a possible marriage of Bertha of Burgundy to Robert, Hugh Capet gets a dispensation for a possible marriage of Bertha and Robert, his own son the dispensation for the marriage of Robert and Bertha was hard to get from Pope Adrian IV but Hugh tried his best to convince the pope in order for them to be grant dispensation and Hugh Capet got his dispensation in order to marry Bertha of Burgundy with Robert Capet.
In 984, Bertha of Burgundy and Robert Capet were married even if Robert Capet was just 12 years old at that time. Hugh Capet was elected and crowned rex Francorum at Noyon in Picardy on 3 July 987, by the prelate of Reims, the first of the Capetian house. Immediately after his coronation, Hugh began to push for the coronation of his son Robert.
From 977 to 986, Hugh Capet allied himself with the German emperors Otto II and Otto III and with Archbishop Adalberon of Reims to dominate the Carolingian king, Lothair. By 986, he was king in all but name. After Lothair's son Louis died in May 987, Adalberon and Gerbert of Aurillac convened an assembly of nobles to elect Hugh Capet as their king. In front of an electoral assembly at Senlis, Adalberon gave a stirring oration and pleaded to the nobles.
Immedeately after Hugh Capet was crowned he pushed for his son, Robert to be crowned. Hugh's own claimed reason was that he was planning an expedition against the Moorish armies harassing Borrel II of Barcelona, an invasion which never occurred, and that the stability of the country necessitated two kings should he die while on expedition. Ralph Glaber, however, attributes Hugh's request to his old age and inability to control the nobility. Modern scholarship has largely imputed to Hugh the motive of establishing a dynasty against the pretension of electoral power on the part of the aristocracy, but this is not the typical view of contemporaries and even some modern scholars have been less skeptical of Hugh's "plan" to campaign in Spain. Robert was eventually crowned on 25 December that same year making Bertha of Burgundy his own consort.
In 988, Bertha of Burgundy gave birth to a son named Henry on January 4, 988, which made Robert, the junior King of France overjoyed and very happy to see his own wife, Bertha and his own son, Henry.
However later in 988, Rudolf of Burgundy, the younger brother of Bertha of Burgundy died which meant the throne of Burgundy will pass to the Kingdom of France after Bertha's father died which meant that the Kingdom of Burgundy or the Kingdom of Arles will be under a personal union with West Francia after Rudolf III of Burgundy dies and this meant that France will expand to the Alps and to lands near Italy which made Hugh and Robert very happy because France will expand to the area near Italy.
Bertha of Burgundy was a very mature queen and was many years older than Robert, but she managed to be a good Queen although Robert took some mistresses sometimes which made Robert and Bertha to sometimes fight, but the marriage of Bertha and Robert remained strong, however Bertha of Burgundy dies in 1005, Constance of Arles marries Robert I of France in 1006, a year after Bertha of Burgundy died.

Europe-south-west-kingdoms.png

Beginning of Normans in Iberia

Upon reaching his majority and after Ramiro’s wedding to Sancha (d. after 983), perhaps daughter of Gómez Díaz, Count of Saldaña, Ramiro II tried to institute an absolutist monarchy which resulted in the alienation of the already separatist Galicia and Castile.
In 984, he befriended a French nobleman named Henri de Hauteville who was doing a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela and decided to grant Galicia to Alphonse as a Duchy in order to end the revolts in Galicia, he became known as Duke Henry I of Galicia.
Ramiro II of Leon told Henri de Hauteville, I will grant you Galicia, Alphonse and Alphonse agreed to be granted of Galicia, he told Ramiro that the people Galicia would love him because he will try to make Galicia as autonomous as possible in which Ramiro agreed and Alphonse guaranteed his loyalty to Ramiro.
Henri changed his name to Henrique when he began ruling Galicia and started the Atavila dynasty of Galicia.
Henrique de Atavila talked to a woman named Urraca and instantly fell in love with her, Henrique Atavila was devoted to Urraca and decided to marry her, Urraca was at first surprised at the proposal of Henrique Atavila but she later agreed about it, Urracamarried Henrique in 986 and became the Duchess of Galicia. Many Normans followed Henry de Hauteville or Henrique de Atavila in settling the Duchy of Galicia, Urraca, Henrique’s wife gave birth to a son named Afonso in 987.
Henrique: I am very fortunate to have you as my own duchess, Urraca.
Urraca: I am very fortunate to have you too.
Urraca: Do you have any other woman in mind.
Henrique, no I only have you in mind, Urraca, because you are the mother of my child, Afonso.
Urraca: Am I sure of that.
Henrique: I am satisfied with just you Urraca,I promise that
Urraca: I hope so.
Henrique: I hope that our realm will prosper.
Urraca: I hope so as well.
Urraca and Henrique did get along well because of their trust in each other and became good parents to Prince Afonso, Henrique paid a visit to Ramiro of Leon and made homage to Ramiro of Leon, they did not know that their son would start the rebellion of the Kingdom of Galicia against both Leon and Castile.

Little did Urraca and Henrique know that Afonso Henriques would free the Crown of Galicia from the clutches of the Kings of Leon and he would rebel against them and make Galicia very prosperous and one of the most powerful Kingdoms ever existed.

canute_29542_lg.gif

Age of Vikings
Boleslav I died and Boleslav II rose as the Duke of Bohemia in 973, Duke Boleslav II was very much enthusiastic in ruling Bohemia when he was crowned after the death of his own father, Boleslaw II was quite reculant in being the King of Bohemia and was very pious and made initial reforms in the Duchy of Bohemia, Boleslav II was known in his piousness and his wit, Boleslav II taught Vratislav of how to be a good leader while Matilda of Germany treated Vratslav very gently and gave him a good home, at this time he was very nice to the families Slezavyc and Slavnik which are rivals to the Premyslids, he did no harm to these families because they are his great supporters. In 980, Mathilda of Germany dies, the nobility of Polans and a fraction of the people of Polans convert to Judaism and the Wends too west of Oder also start to convert to Judaism as well.
Otto II and Prince Basil become good friends when Basil visited the Kingdom of Germany after Otto II’s coronation in 975 AD.
The marriage between Sweyn Forkbeard and Anna Sviatoslavna proceeded in 980 AD after many negotiations between the Rus and Denmark, Sviatoslav dies a few months after their wedding and was replaced by King Vyacheslav I of Kiev, Sweyn Forkbeard and Anna Sviatoslavna visited the wake of King Sviatoslav of Kiev and Doubravka was seen by her daughter Anna on mourning clothes, a few months after Olga of Kiev died as well. Anna Sviatoslavna later gave birth to a son she named Vladimir and known by his people as Valdemar, but the Pomeranians call him Vlodomierz, Harald Bluetooth died in 981 and Sweyn Forkbeard became the King of Denmark in the meantime Boguslav I of Pomerania annexes Poznan and Gniezno from the Polans and thus Polans retaining mostly Masovia starts to gradually convert to Judaism. King Vladimir or Valdemar I of Denmark becomes known in ruling Denmark and he was called great because he Vassalized Norway, Pomerania and England, he is the son of Anna Svatoslavovna and Sweyn Forkbeard, King of Denmark and also Grandson of Sviatoslav and Doubravka Boleslavovna, he was a good ally of Bohemia and Rus, the following year in 982, King Vyacheslav of Rus was married to Princess Anna Porphyrogenita, the sister of Prince Basil of the Byzantine Empire who later bore him a son named Basil Vyacheslav in 983, Judith of Hungary married Prince Vratislav of Bohemia in 985 who bore him a son named Bezprym in 986 and after a year also bore him a son named Boleslav in 987, the Germans from the HRE heard about the Judaic Slavic Principality of Polans in the East and decided that they should start a crusade against the Judaic Principality and Vratislav is very interested to annihilate that country completely.
Vyacheslav I of Rus became closer to the Byzantine Empire due to his marriage to Anna Porphygenita, Doubravka of Bohemia, dowager Queen of Rus dies in 990.
Duke Boleslav II dies in 1000, Duke Vratislav the Great of Bohemia or Vratislav Chrabry or Vratislav II of Bohemia was known in being cruel and expansionist and wanted to prevent the rise of a Jewish country in Central Europe, he is the son of Mathilda of Germany and Boleslav II of Bohemia but he was revered as a great King because he conquered Lusatia from the ruler of Meissen when he rose from the throne. King Vratislav II of Bohemia blinded and later killed Lestek II, Duke of Polans on 1002 because he started a crusade against the Jewish Polans, Lestek II was later replaced by Siemovit II of Polans, Vratislav the great married Judith of Hungary and his sons are named Bezprym and Boleslav, his eldest son and his heir to all of his lands is Bezprym.

Last edited:
640px-Christian-krohg-leiv-eriksson_zps02ec3c3a.jpg

Vinland

In this context, about 982, Erik sailed to a somewhat mysterious and little-known land. He rounded the southern tip of the island (later known as Cape Farewell) and sailed up the western coast. He eventually reached a part of the coast that, for the most part, seemed ice-free and consequently had conditions—similar to those of Iceland—that promised growth and future prosperity. According to the Saga of Erik the Red, he spent his three years of exile exploring this land. The first winter he spent on the island of Eiriksey, the second winter he passed in Eiriksholmar (close to Hvarfsgnipa). In the final summer he explored as far north as Snaefell and in to Hrafnsfjord.
When Erik returned to Iceland after his exile had expired, he is said to have brought with him stories of "Greenland". Erik deliberately gave the land a more appealing name than "Iceland" in order to lure potential settlers. He explained, "people would be attracted to go there if it had a favorable name". He knew that the success of any settlement in Greenland would need the support of as many people as possible. His salesmanship proved successful, as many people (especially "those Vikings living on poor land in Iceland" and those that had suffered a "recent famine") became convinced that Greenland held great opportunity.
After spending the winter in Iceland, Erik returned to Greenland in 985 with a large number of colonists and established two colonies on its southwest coast: the Eastern Settlement or Eystribyggð, in modern-day Qaqortoq, and the Western Settlement or Vestribyggð, close to present-day Nuuk. (Eventually, a Middle Settlement grew, but many people suggest it formed part of the Western Settlement.) The Eastern and Western Settlements, both established on the southwest coast, proved the only two areas suitable for farming. During the summers, when the weather favored travel more, each settlement would send an army of men to hunt in Disko Bay above the Arctic Circle for food and other valuable commodities such as seals (used for rope), ivory from Walrus tusks, and beached whales.
later his son Lief on Year 1000 was able to find a new land and named it Vinland after being drifted from Greenland, he told the people of Greenland as Scandanavia was becoming converted to christianity due to the efforts of Sweyn the Forkbeard the people are starting to move to Vinland, however the new settlement was not easy to settle because there are enemies such as the Beothuk and Mikmak which they called the Skraelings, the Skraelings are warlike and some of them even sacrifice the settlers to their gods, however the Skraelings start to retreat and avoid the settlements once they find that contact with the Settlers can give them fatal sicknesses.

----------------------------------------
I really like this Hauteville Portugal/Galicia scenario and I will have the ATL Afonso Henriques rebel against the Leonese and the Castillans and free Galica(Portugal+Galicia) and I am imagining how would the Vikings treat the Mayans and their contemporaries and also one of the people in the ships to Vinland have the disease that caused the Plague of Justinian.

Last edited:
Castes in the Viking New World Colonies

Skraelings
A Native from the Continent of Skjaldbakaland(Known as North America in Our own Timeline) which was derived from the contact between the New World Viking Settlers and the Haudenosaunee which means Turtle Island, at the Start they were very vulnerable against the Black Plague and SmallPox but later due to Blandathlings mixing back due to their treatment by the Hvitur as untouchables they were able to resist better.
Blandathlings
Products of Mixing between Skraelings and Vikings equivalent to Mestizos and Metis, they are treated like untouchables.
Hviturs
Viking Settlers, pure or mostly Viking in heritage they are a majority in the Viking states on Skjaldbakaland.
Svarts
People from Africa, originally imported to be Slaves and treated as untouchables and even if they are freemen they are treated as untouchables.
--------------------------
We are yet to encounter the Svarts at this point since at this point the struggle is between the Skraelings and the Hviturs and the Blandathlings they spawn who are treated as untouchables.

Last edited:
Basilios_II_zpsb761c31b.jpg

Guns of Byzantium

In AD 980, it was once asked by Prince Basil what is the better weapon against their enemies and talked to the Spies in order to research in the West and the East, in 982, he had Anna, his sister marry Vyacheslav of Kiev. Prince Basil found about the Gun technology from East Asia, meanwhile Gutta was pregnant and gave birth to a son on 983 whom she named Simeon, meanwhile Anna gave birth to a son named Vasiliy on 984.
The Emissaries found out about gunpowder on their journey to China and found out how efficientg is gunpowder is against their enemies, the Emissaries asked the Chinese how to make Gunpowder weapons and they were able to get some knowledge of how to make weapons by using Gunpowder and as it turns out the Chinese were really accomodating to the Visitors to their realm and shared their knowledge to these barbarians from the west who really want to learn how to have an efficient weapon in order to protect their realm from enemies.
The emissaries who went east and west came back on 990 when Byzantium is now ruled by Basil II, who was then Prince Basil, telling him about Gunpowder which means that the Byzantines can defend their lands on Anatolia and Italy, Otto II guaranteed Southern Italy, south of the Duchy of Spoletto to him and protect it against the Normans, meanwhile, the formula for Gunpowder was already made in Byzantium so that they could defend their territories against foes, first they used their newly gained knowledge to make gunpowder cannons to protect against the Neighboring Anatolian Muslim states in their raids and due to this, the Anatolian Muslims are afraid to attack the Byzantine Empire for a time.
447px-StefanIHongarije_zps7f758c7a.jpeg

Conversion of Hungary
Stephen I founded several dioceses, namely, the dioceses of Veszprém, Győr, Kalocsa, Vác, and Bihar. He also established the Archdiocese of Esztergom. Thus he set up an ecclesiastical organisation independent of the German archbishops. He also began to organize a territory-based administration by founding several counties (comitatus, megye) in his kingdom.
Stephen discouraged pagan customs and strengthened Christianity by means of various laws. In his first decree, issued at the beginning of his rule, he ordered that each ten villages would be obliged to build a church. He invited foreign priests to Hungary to evangelize his kingdom. Saint Astricus served as his adviser and Saint Gerard Sagredo as the tutor for his son Emeric (also rendered as Imre).
Around 1003, Stephen invaded and occupied Transylvania, a territory ruled by his maternal uncle, Gyula, a semi-independent chieftain. After this victory, Stephen organized the Diocese of Transylvania. In the next few years he also occupied the lands of the Black Magyars in the southern part of Transdanubia, and there organized the Diocese of Pécs. Shortly afterwards, it is believed that he made an agreement with Samuel Aba, the chieftain of the Kabar tribes settled in the Mátra region, who married Stephen's sister. In his brother-in-law's domains, Stephen founded the Diocese of Eger, however the people of Transylvania are already Orthodox and ally with the Greeks.
Finally, Stephen occupied the domains of Ajtony, a semi-pagan chieftain who had been ruling over the territories of the later Banat. Here Stephen set up the Diocese of Csanád. he married at the age of 20.
Stephen I of Hungary strengthened his relations with the Kingdom of Bohemia and Kievan Rus, Stephen I of Hungary instituted the use of Latin as one of the Linguafrancas of Hungary because of the Peasants of Transylvania and Balaton speak a Vulgar latin dialect rather than a Hungarian one but the Peasants of Transylvania still prefered the days of Bulgarian rule.

images2_zps26696c76.jpg

Constance of Arles and the Crusade against the Sarracens

The Junior King Robert Capet of France marries Constance of Arles on 1006, however, Hugh Capet dies on the same year. A couple of months after the marriage of Constance to Robert II of France and on 1007, the time he left her she was pregnant to her daughter, he decided to embark on a new crusade or battle with the Muslims with an army of 5000 men he embarked to battle the Caliph of Cordoba, Hisham II in a crusade to help the Duke of Barcelona with his troops, the army stayed in Barcelona until the time they can start the crusade against the Muslims, his Norman allies gave him ships and armories, Prince Valdemar of Denmark, who became a recent friend of Robert II of France arrived at Barcelona with troops and helped him in pacifying the Normans and now helping him against the muslims who are currently controling most of Iberia, his troops arrive as well, they negotiated about the marriage of his son, Henry to Valdemar's young daughter, Anna of Denmark(b. 995) an illegitimate daughter of Valdemar of Denmark, Robert II, also promised that his own wife, Constance would be married to Prince Valdemar of Denmark if Robert II perishes in the crusade, which Prince Valdemar of Denmark agrees in his proposal that he would marry Constance of Arles, the Queen of France, Constance of Arles, an Aquitainian or to be more exact Provençal Queen would suit him he said if he dies, he would treat her as a fine queen.
Hisham II heard about the war that is planned by Robert II of France and his male harem were alarmed of the battle, and quickly assembled their forces, a force of 5,000 people led by Hisham II would meet the forces of both Robert II of France and Prince Valdemar of Denmark.
In the meantime, Constance of Arles would give birth to a daughter named Adelaide.
Robert II and Prince Valdemar of Denmark's armies of 5000 people marched past the borders of Barcelona to the Cordoba Caliphate in the river ebro where in the 5000 people army led by Hisham II are waiting, waiting for ambushing the armies of Robert II and Valdemar I, the 5000 men of Robert II and Valdemar I proved to be inferior because the Caliph of Cordoba has already have the knowledge of gunpowder, so Robert II was killed at the battle as well as 80 percent of troops although Valdemar I escaped with the body of Robert II, on 1008 and Henry I became King and Constance of Arles on 1008 left with Prince Valdemar of Denmark as he and Robert II had sworn before the battle and Robert II was buried on the Saint Denis, as his father was, although his body was decaying when he was buried at Saint Denis at this time Henry I is married to Anna of Denmark, the daughter of Prince Valdemar of Denmark.

Last edited:
330px-Avalokiteshvara_Bingin_Jungut_Srivijaya_zpsac3f5b61.jpg

Sri Vijayan Refugees
The Sri Vijayan nobles migrate to the Island of Mait, formerly called Maniolas by the Greeks and were even worshiped by it's people and one of the Sri Vijayan nobles founds the House of Tondo, or the House of Selurong, the people of Maidh remember the migrant nobles and believe that they are gods and that they are great and would be remembered because of what they did in the land.

The decline of Srivijaya was contributed by foreign piracy and raids that disrupted the trade and security in the region. Attracted to the wealth of Srivijaya, in 1025 Rajendra Chola, the Chola king from Coromandel in South India, launched naval raids on ports of Srivijaya and conquered Kadaram (modern Kedah) from Srivijaya and occupied it for some time. The Cholas are known to benefitted from both piracy and foreign trade. Sometimes Chola seafaring led to outright plunder and conquest as far as Southeast Asia. An inscription of King Rajendra states that he captured Sangrama-vijayottungga-varman, the King of Kadaram, took a large heap of treasures including the Vidhyadara-torana, the jewelled 'war gate' of Srivijaya adorned with great splendour. The Cholas continued a series of raids and conquests of parts of Sumatra and Malay Peninsula for the next 20 years.

Due to the raids, many nobles from Sri Vijaya fled north to the Island of Maidh where one of the cities is ruled by the House of Tondo, a royal house descended from one of the, the ruler of Tondo welcomed these nobles because they are from Sri Vijaya and aside from that the Sri Vijayan nobles migrated because they wanted refuge from the Chola invaders.