A Britain of Panthers and Lions: House of Oldenburg Britain

VVD0D95

Banned
That said, the caveat is "provided she exists", since with early death of Mary Stuart William III may abandon his mistress at different time and thus her parents never meet, but for the sake of convenience let's say she exists.
For sure. Who should fill the roles of lords of the bedchambera and ladies in waiting for james and Caroline

As I've said, Diane de Vere, Duchess of Berwick, is likely First Lady of the Bedchamber/Mistress of Robes for Caroline (they were close OTL, after all, though married to different men, so no reason to change this).
For Gentlemen of the Bedchamber for James, I'm thinking some of his childhood friends can take this office - other than Marquess of Blandford, there are Algernon Seymour, Earl of Hertford, Charles FitzRoy, Earl of Euston and some other guys of suitable age and peerage (some copy-paste from George I list may work, removing more Whiggish ones).

VVD0D95

Banned
As I've said, Diane de Vere, Duchess of Berwick, is likely First Lady of the Bedchamber/Mistress of Robes for Caroline (they were close OTL, after all, though married to different men, so no reason to change this).
For Gentlemen of the Bedchamber for James, I'm thinking some of his childhood friends can take this office - other than Marquess of Blandford, there are Algernon Seymour, Earl of Hertford, Charles FitzRoy, Earl of Euston and some other guys of suitable age and peerage (some copy-paste from George I list may work, removing more Whiggish ones).

Agreed there!

Hmm, I was thinking perhaps Sidney Godolphin's son Frances as well.

Charles Beauclerk, Earl of Burford, may be an interesting addition as well, provided he is more moderate Whig than his father. Though agewise he is more fit for company of Duke of Gloucester, which may especially turn interesting, if Charles takes after his celebrated maternal grandfather in interest to nautical matters (IIRC Gloucester is pursuing naval career or something like this was mentioned).

VVD0D95

Banned
Charles Beauclerk, Earl of Burford, may be an interesting addition as well, provided he is more moderate Whig than his father. Though agewise he is more fit for company of Duke of Gloucester, which may especially turn interesting, if Charles takes after his celebrated maternal grandfather in interest to nautical matters (IIRC Gloucester is pursuing naval career or something like this was mentioned).

Oh agreed, I could see Burford and Gloucester as fast friends. And aye, Gloucester is in the navy, he was commissioned just as the war was dying down. He'll be proving his mettle as time progresses.

Re Grafton, do you think him having a position in government makes sense?

Re Grafton, do you think him having a position in government makes sense?
I thought we agreed that by now he is promoted from Lord Vice Admiral to Lord Admiral of Britain, thus taking position in the Cabinet (his son, Charles Fitzroy, as was mentioned, may be included in the circle of friends of Prince of Wales, being 4 years his senior).

VVD0D95

Banned
I thought we agreed that by now he is promoted from Lord Vice Admiral to Lord Admiral of Britain, thus taking position in the Cabinet (his son, Charles Fitzroy, as was mentioned, may be included in the circle of friends of Prince of Wales, being 4 years his senior).

Ah yes, you're right my bad. I might need to change things so that when Anne dies, Grafton replaces Orford as the main naval man

Ah yes, I might need to come up with a suitable explanation for why that wasn't the case aha.
He is a Stuart, even though a bastard line member, and has undergone the extensive tutelage in naval matters, and it's not like he is a green chicken by 1709. Given that the Queen herself was a placeholder Lord High Admiral for a year or so, installing a qualified Stuart Duke on the position would not shock anyone.

VVD0D95

Banned
He is a Stuart, even though a bastard line member, and has undergone the extensive tutelage in naval matters, and it's not like he is a green chicken by 1709. Given that the Queen herself was a placeholder Lord High Admiral for a year or so, installing a qualified Stuart Duke on the position would not shock anyone.

Agreed with you there. I think him taking Gloucester under his wing as well would help

VVD0D95

Banned
I’m thinking that the de vere men will come to play big parts in British military and political history during this timeline

Just for historical in-joke, 2nd Duke of Berwick (currently Earl of Tinmouth) needs to be at some point British ambassador at Russian court of Alexis II and leave (scandalous) memoirs which will be censored and published like a century after his death (the OTL 2nd Duke was a Spanish ambassador in Russia).

VVD0D95

Banned
Just for historical in-joke, 2nd Duke of Berwick (currently Earl of Tinmouth) needs to be at some point British ambassador at Russian court of Alexis II and leave (scandalous) memoirs which will be censored and published like a century after his death (the OTL 2nd Duke was a Spanish ambassador in Russia).

Lol that would be hilarious

Though however amusing the OTL Duke of Liria's memoirs are, it is unlikely the first cousin of the King ends up getting such an appointment TTL (James, Prince of Wales seems to be on good terms with his half-uncle).

VVD0D95

Banned
Though however amusing the OTL Duke of Liria's memoirs are, it is unlikely the first cousin of the King ends up getting such an appointment TTL (James, Prince of Wales seems to be on good terms with his half-uncle).

He is, indeed I'm trying to decide when to make Berwick Commander in Chief of the Forces, as currently Marlborough holds that position, but there's Ormonde waiting in the wings for when Marlborough gets too old.