A Britain of Panthers and Lions: House of Oldenburg Britain

VVD0D95

Banned
The youngest son of TTL James III is Charles, Duke of Cumberland and Avondale? The font is too small.
Yes yes he is, sorry about the font I’m not sure how to adjust it aha.

Also, is the candidacy for the Duchess of Gloucester decided on?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanta_Francisca_Josefa_of_Portugal may be an interesting candidate, despite being a Catholic (and can come with a good dowry). As an alternative, Gloucester, being the third son and all, can seek suitably dowered domestic match (I'd list candidates later).
Oh Francisca would be interesting for sure

VVD0D95

Banned
We're still, what, a year and a half away from Anne's OTL death date (August 1714)? And she might live longer ITTL.

Could be a difficult period politically if there's an open rift between the monarch and the heir.
Oh for sure unless James finds a way to break abigails spell

Oh Francisca would be interesting for sure
Both by virtue of continuing the old alliance and by virtue of being 1st cousin to Joseph I. Provided she is not promiced to somewhere grander, like TTL Prince of Asturias (but then, he's likely betrothed to the youngest of his Austrian half-aunts or some such).

VVD0D95

Banned
Both by virtue of continuing the old alliance and by virtue of being 1st cousin to Joseph I. Provided she is not promiced to somewhere grander, like TTL Prince of Asturias (but then, he's likely betrothed to the youngest of his Austrian half-aunts or some such).

This is very very true

For the domestic match with Duke of Gloucester, assuming Anne does not want her third son marry to higher ranking girl than two older ones (daughter of King, and not of Margrave or Count), there is the following lady:
Lady Catherine Seymour (1693 – 9 April 1731). Daughter of the VERY rich Duchess of Somerset , comes with great dowry (but this means the marriage will have to happen offscreen somewhere in late 1700ies, as by 1713 she was already married to one of Tory party leaders and gave him two sons).
There are also some German cousins of Princess of Wales, Duchesses of Saxe-whatever, but they are likely not in play.

VVD0D95

Banned
For the domestic match with Duke of Gloucester, assuming Anne does not want her third son marry to higher ranking girl than two older ones (daughter of King, and not of Margrave or Count), there is the following lady:
Lady Catherine Seymour (1693 – 9 April 1731). Daughter of the VERY rich Duchess of Somerset , comes with great dowry (but this means the marriage will have to happen offscreen somewhere in late 1700ies, as by 1713 she was already married to one of Tory party leaders and gave him two sons).
There are also some German cousins of Princess of Wales, Duchesses of Saxe-whatever, but they are likely not in play.

Hmm this is very true, could we perhaps have delayed their marriage somewhat, and then had George express interest?

Given that the bride's mom, "Carrots", is one of the Queen Anne's closest friend, the match (and the dowry share) could have been planned well in advance, but delayed by intrigues of people who wanted to prevent the Duchess gaining ascendancy as the Queen's in-law. But now that Gloucester is 21 and can decide for himself (well, sort of), obstructing the marriage would be difficult (since Masham has no way to disgrace the Duchess of Somerset the way she did with Duchess of Marlborough).
That would also explain why Catherine is not married TTL by 1713 - her mom was aiming for a Prince since a get go, refusing other candidates.

VVD0D95

Banned
Given that the bride's mom, "Carrots", is one of the Queen Anne's closest friend, the match (and the dowry share) could have been planned well in advance, but delayed by intrigues of people who wanted to prevent the Duchess gaining ascendancy as the Queen's in-law. But now that Gloucester is 21 and can decide for himself (well, sort of) obstacles to overcome would be difficult.
That would also explain why Catherine is not married TTL by 1713 - her mom was aiming for a Prince since a get go, refusing other candidates.

Definitely, and that also means that the Seymours might well have an in with James when he becomes King, given that he and his brothers are close

Definitely, and that also means that the Seymours might well have an in with James
In a way they may already have gotten this!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algernon_Seymour,_7th_Duke_of_Somerset is well of age to be the part of Prince of Wales and Marquess of Blandford circle (once again, because the mom of Earl of Hertford is one of the Queen's closest friends (and in OTL was arguably her truest friend and calming presence till her last days)).
They are highly likely to be raised together (the actual personal relations between Algernon and James are anybody's guess, though).

VVD0D95

Banned
In a way they may already have gotten this!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algernon_Seymour,_7th_Duke_of_Somerset is well of age to be the part of Prince of Wales and Marquess of Blandford circle (once again, because the mom of Earl of Hertford is one of the Queen's closest friends (and in OTL was arguably her truest friend and calming presence till her last days)).
They are highly likely to be raised together (the actual personal relations between Algernon and James are anybody's guess, though).

Oh for sure! I'm wondering if I should have James include Algernon in his cabinet when he ascends the throne

I'm wondering if I should have James include Algernon in his cabinet when he ascends the throne
Why not? Though it would be seen as continued favoritism (and there is a controversy at the time surrounding Algernon's father's Master of Horses office).

Elizabeth's influence on the Queen, together with her colourful past, made her many enemies. Like her third husband she seems to have been proud, although Lord Dartmouth called her "the best bred as well as the best born person in England".[4] She showed great skill in dealing with the Queen, her secret, it was said, being never to press the Queen to do anything for her, in contrast to Abigail Masham who constantly asked for favours. She was known as a shrewd observer of Court life and a notorious gossip; even the Queen, who was fond of her, called her "one of the most observing, prying ladies in England".
After reading this, I want to see James & Elisabeth team up in some pest extermination (the pest in question being Masham), Gloucester's marriage being a tool for this.

his position as Lord Privy Seal
The 6th Duke never was Lord Privy Seal, at least not in OTL, he was Lord President of the Council briefly in 1702.

I feel so bad for Anne. Her husband is dead, her friends are toxic and there is a rift between her and James to top it all off. She deserves much better.

*wraps Anne in blankets and gives her tea*

VVD0D95

Banned
After reading this, I want to see James & Elisabeth team up in some pest extermination (the pest in question being Masham), Gloucester's marriage being a tool for this.

The 6th Duke never was Lord Privy Seal, at least not in OTL, he was Lord President of the Council briefly in 1702.

Lol, definitely agreed with you there. And right you are, though here he's Lord Privy Seal :)

I feel so bad for Anne. Her husband is dead, her friends are toxic and there is a rift between her and James to top it all off. She deserves much better.

*wraps Anne in blankets and gives her tea*

Masham is definitely toxic, Sarah's in Blenheim ignoring any attempt at reconcilliation. James is most definitely not happy. I wouldn't be surprised if he planned to kill Masham.