A Blessed World - Collaborative Timeline

So after many failed attempts at writing a story, I figured I could have you guys help me out.

At any rate, time for the introduction:

Human History is, in my experience, oftentimes a series of tragedies marked by brief periods of brightness, which are quickly brought to an end by influential men and, very rarely, women. While there are a couple of events that could be argued brought about a more better world in the long run, most people would agree that it would be better if events like the Holocaust never happened. So what if there was a world in which events like this happened less?

Of course, we don't want no tragedies to happen at all, because that would be boring. Instead, think of it like this. If OTL is like A Song of Ice and Fire, This timeline is Lord of the Rings.

Any format of writing is fine, as long as we know what significant event occurred. For now I'm taking suggestions for the PoD, I'd like it to be pretty early. You can offer suggestions, or write it yourself if you're so inclined.

Pretty early, as in... the Middle Ages? ...antiquity? ...the bronze age? ...the neolithic? ...the mesolithic? ....the paleolithic?
I have very little time, but I like your general outlook. Everyone would need to contribute to clarifications pretty quickly, though.

Earlier is generally better, with the limit being the invention of written records. Earlier than that would be impossible to make work.

If you want a job done right... (I don't really blame you guys, I realize I didn't have enough limits on this story).

The PoD will be 745 BCE, with the failure of Tiglath-Pileser to ascend to the throne of Assyria.