A Blank Map Thread

Does anyone have a map showing southeastern Europe, as well as the Middle East, India and northern Africa? I've tried looking, but I can't find a decent, easily editable one anywhere.

Highlander said:
I never really got an answer; how do you make those huge maps?

Not at this time does the BAM series contain one for Germany I can put your request in after the one above for one centering on the Red Sea area for once I get back to work after the holiday's (ah vacation getting paid to sit at home on my butt :D ).

[Edit] CM see the Map Thread I just posted one that might fit what you are looking for.

Highlander

Banned
Shadow Knight said:
Not at this time does the BAM series contain one for Germany I can put your request in after the one above for one centering on the Red Sea area for once I get back to work after the holiday's (ah vacation getting paid to sit at home on my butt :D ).

[Edit] CM see the Map Thread I just posted one that might fit what you are looking for.

That doesn't answer my question though . . .

Highlander said:
That doesn't answer my question though . . .

I go to this website that generates maps, then spend depending on the map several hours (up to four on a few) putting them together.

Sorry about that thought I replied to your previous post. :)

Highlander

Banned
That's a really nice site, and I'll use it from now on. I'm trying to figure out how you make those huge maps from it, though . . .

Diamond

Banned
It takes some time and effort.

You have to zoom in (there's a drop down magnification menu above the map), copy the section shown, then scroll around, copying each successive section. Then paste them together in your paint program. If you're doing a map with large north-south parameters though, be careful: the projection starts to seriously distort.

Diamond said:
It takes some time and effort.

You have to zoom in (there's a drop down magnification menu above the map), copy the section shown, then scroll around, copying each successive section. Then paste them together in your paint program. If you're doing a map with large north-south parameters though, be careful: the projection starts to seriously distort.

He's quite right it does take a bit of time and effort not just to get the base map put together but to then clean it up into a nice blank map format (I detest that oranje color and change it to white). Also if your particular about your maps like me I go through the map and make sure all the borders (typically between the land and the sea but also national/state borders) are continuous and not broken. Some maps take me 2 to 3 hours a few have taken upwards to 4 close to 5.

Highlander

Banned
Here is a large blank map I did of Sardinia and Corsica. Let me know what you all think.

largemap.PNG

Highlander said:
Here is a large blank map I did of Sardinia and Corsica. Let me know what you all think.

that is quite big, so big, you could mistake them for a continent. I bet alot of people would think it was a fictitious contient until you told them.

Highlander said:
Really? Seeing the other maps, I thought it would fit . . . It was just an experiment, anyway.

its a compliment, something you can trick people with, and I may use them to make more fictitious continents.

Highlander

Banned
Thanks, wasn't quite sure. I'm sure it could easily be used as a fictitious continent. May have to try that myself . . .

Let's see, what other area of the world can I work on?

Nuh-uh I knew they were Sardinia and Corsica. By themselves I might mistake them for island-continents/continents.

and Part II

Here is Eastern Europe. Just put into paint and you can merge as you will. Note for those interested this map was done to the same scale as the others so it can be connected to those others I have done (For sure the Italy map.).

Eastern Europe.PNG