A Blank Map Thread

I'm on a Mac and don't have a partitioned drive to support Windows, and I couldn't find a Mac version on their site. :(

Question: are the various BAM (QBAM, VTBAM, MBAM, etc) maps open for use/modification in various timelines, or are they solely proprietary? Figured I'd ask here since I can't seem to find a rules post.

They're for open use by anyone.

Made another flood map. The Caucasus after a 20m sea level rise.
unknown.png

Here's a giant equirectangular world map I made, all hand-drawn that distinguishes between reservoirs (recently formed bodies of water are colored the same even if they're not reservoirs), salt pans, and natural lakes. It's in 1:2 8K resolution, large enough to show lots of detail but not too large to be unuseable.

I call it... E-BAM!

This will become the basemap for at least 2 of my future videos.

e_bam_blank_world_map_by_algolz-dbij2aw.png

Excellent map, do you have a version with rivers? Is there a thread for this map? I'd like a version with 1939 borders

Does anyone know if there's a QBam map with the Arno and Rubicon rivers on it? I'm sure I saw it once. Those two rivers mark the boundary between peninsular Italy, and the northern part, more subject to barbaric ocupations.

Why don't you try NASA's G.Projector?
Unfortunately, the map that I want to convert isn't in one of the 6 accepted input projections (I have a map want to take from, I believe, Wagner VIII to Equirectangular).

edit: But thank you nonetheless! I don't really work with world maps all that often, so G. Projector should be useful in the future.

I see flood maps are pretty popular here. This isn't one though. Just a good old fashioned no borders blank map of south Asia I made for something else. I figured I'd leave it here. If anyone wants a white one, just ask.

indian subcontinent blank map 1.jpg

Last edited:
Do any of you guys have a blank map of the Middle East+the Indian subcontinent?
There are a couple on the wiki which might be okay for you, on this page: https://www.alternatehistory.com/wiki/doku.php?id=blank_map_directory:all_of_asia
For a different sort of projection, see post 1265 of this very thread, on page 64.
Alternatively, how about one of these, cropped from an old blank QBAM (QBAM thread post 1769) or, bigger but without rivers, cropped from a blank MBAM (from somewhere on AH.com but I can't immediately find which post I got it from):
MidEast_to_India__from2015QBAM.png MidEast_to_India__fromBlankMBAM.png (click the thumbnails for the full-size images, 1005x598 and 3008x1866 respectively)

There are a couple on the wiki which might be okay for you, on this page: https://www.alternatehistory.com/wiki/doku.php?id=blank_map_directory:all_of_asia
For a different sort of projection, see post 1265 of this very thread, on page 64.
Alternatively, how about one of these, cropped from an old blank QBAM (QBAM thread post 1769) or, bigger but without rivers, cropped from a blank MBAM (from somewhere on AH.com but I can't immediately find which post I got it from):
View attachment 488848 View attachment 488849 (click the thumbnails for the full-size images, 1005x598 and 3008x1866 respectively)
Thank you dude.