A Blank Map Thread

A GIANT map of the galaxy with arms and a few stars labelled. The backround is from atlasoftheuniverse.com.

Galaxy Blank Map.JPG

I use Photoshop. I used to use Paint, but I find Photoshop really speeds things up when you get a feel for it. Also, Paint can't Undo as much as Photoshop, and I use Undo very liberally ;)

Lord Sander,

Hurray for Vista Paint, you can undo as many times as you can click/type!

Thande

Donor
I modified one of Sander's maps, taking out the sub-subdivisions and recolouring so there is no distinction between internal and interstate borders...thought it might be useful for Feudal Lands-type scenarios...

Maxidivisions Algrey.gif

Here is a galaxy map with more stars. Does anyone know where to find names of stars outside the Orion Arm?

Galaxy Blank Map2.JPG

Last edited:
Can anyone please link me to a blank earth map on this scale, but with Russia/America border in the centre rather than England?

Many thanks!
CZMap1.png

Hapsburg

Banned
Here is a galaxy map with more stars. Does anyone know where to find names of stars outside the Orion Arm?
Sol's at the bottom? Shit, I always put oriented towards the top of the thing.
I guess it really doesn't matter, though; the damn spiral looks the same from either end.

Which stars in Sagittarius, Leo and Cygnus do you mean? It's wrong if you just name the constellation names...

In regard for stars outside the arms, I don't think they have any nice names, but something along the lines of weird catalogue names.

Which stars in Sagittarius, Leo and Cygnus do you mean? It's wrong if you just name the constellation names...

In regard for stars outside the arms, I don't think they have any nice names, but something along the lines of weird catalogue names.
I don't know Greek letters, so I didn't put them. I will change that.

I don't know Greek letters, so I didn't put them. I will change that.

Ok. I'm sure you can look them up somewhere.
Also note that the star names have genitive in the name:

If the constellation name is "Cassiopeia", then the star would be "Rho Cassiopeiae", not "Rho Cassiopeia". Likewise, it's "xxx Cygni", "xxx Sagittarii" and "xxx Leonis".