A Blank Map Thread

Highlander

Banned
Because of my suspension, I had plenty of time to make some blank maps.

BLNmapexp.PNG

HL-SOM said:
Kinghts, I am doing an alternate History Essay/Story or whatever you want to call it on Somalia, Kenya, Ethiopia and Parts of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Djibouti and Eriteria.

Is it possiple if you could have one of those gigantic maps for that region?

Thank you in advance

Sorry for taking so long but here you go. Also for all of thos TLs that just need a close up of Axum/Ethiopia/Horn of Africa. :)

Horn of Africa.PNG

Highlander said:
Chingo: Go back and read some of the posts at the beginning of the thread. It does take a lot of time.

i know i read, but how did you make it so large, i cant get it larger than like 3 x 2 inches

Chingo360 said:
i know i read, but how did you make it so large, i cant get it larger than like 3 x 2 inches

I do mine in a 5 x 5 degree grid then picture capture them into paint (after trimming away the stuff I do not want of course) carefully matching them up to create the map. That one took me about 2 hours, some of the larger more difficult ones have taken me anywhere from 4 to 6 hours to do.

Highlander

Banned
Whenever I've done larger ones, it never really takes me that long. The problem is that my computer crashes half way through because of the large file size.

ok i need two more large maps (since i still dont understand how you guys make them) one of all the land that Rome had at its greatest extent (with middle east and north africa) and one that shows all of europe

Chingo360 said:
ok i need two more large maps (since i still dont understand how you guys make them) one of all the land that Rome had at its greatest extent (with middle east and north africa) and one that shows all of europe

Well a large map that big is too big to upload here on the site, however if you check the previous pages in this thread there are multiple maps that you can use (one centering on Iberia/North Africa, Italy, Germany (a combined one with both Italy and Germany), British Isles, Eastern Med./Balkans, and one of Eastern Europe than might or might not be of any use). Again if you go to the first page in this thread I have posted a map that covers all of Europe.

no i didnt mean a map THAT big but anyway what website do you guys use for these, i had this geomar website thing but the maps were way too small