A Blank Map Thread

These estimates are way conservative.

They ignore the tipping point that could accelerate the melting of the ice caps of Greenland and Antarctica. Several things could suddenly happen- the oceans warm enough that the dissolved methane bubble out and/or the arboreal forests warm and the methane bubbles out of the previously frozen ground.

I'm not sure we should so casually dismiss the literally-Nobel Prize-winning research representing the consensus of worldwide climate scientists.

Chapter 12 of AR5 (page 1115) shows that Ice Sheet Collapse is "exceptionally unlikely" and clathrate methane release is "very unlikely". Page 1116 shows that arctic forest methane release is possible (with low confidence) but would take "time scales of hundreds to thousands of years in a warming climate" to release that methane. Indeed, many models already include arctic methane release and show very minimal effect over the next 100 years.

We are all free to believe whatever we want to about climate change, but denying the work of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change may fit better into ASB threads.

I'm not sure we should so casually dismiss the literally-Nobel Prize-winning research representing the consensus of worldwide climate scientists.

Chapter 12 of AR5 (page 1115) shows that Ice Sheet Collapse is "exceptionally unlikely" and clathrate methane release is "very unlikely".

Yeah, I had ended up reading the Chapter more thoroughly after I had posted that comment. Should've had done things vice versa, because I'm pretty sure the report even mentioned the research paper I had read.

Crossposting from the OTL maps thread:

Does anyone have a worldA patch for the internal divisions of the Russian SSR circa mid-80s? I'm going to do a "USSR occupied and divided by the US" map.

master-blank-europe-incl-coast-alts-png.333283

I recall there being a base map of the Americas in 1803. I know it is in this thread somewhere, but I do not want to go though 263 pages in order to find it. Can someone either sent it to me, or post it here?

Firstly, that is NOT 600 mya, not even close.

That is a Cretaceous paleogeographic map, so 100 mya at best; not even close.

Secondly,asking someone to make an entire QBAM sized world map, from scratch, is a massive undertaking. You'd need a group of people to do it, and it'd still take months.

EDIT; Damn it, someone got there before me.

GHdvziV.png

That's also 120 million years ago and not 600 million. Granted it's not QBAM but for continental drift, Mollweide projection is better.
Thanks.
Firstly, that is NOT 600 mya, not even close.

That is a Cretaceous paleogeographic map, so 100 mya at best; not even close.

Secondly,asking someone to make an entire QBAM sized world map, from scratch, is a massive undertaking. You'd need a group of people to do it, and it'd still take months.

EDIT; Damn it, someone got there before me.
I'm sorry, I didn't know either of these things.

Here's a giant equirectangular world map I made, all hand-drawn that distinguishes between reservoirs (recently formed bodies of water are colored the same even if they're not reservoirs), salt pans, and natural lakes. It's in 1:2 8K resolution, large enough to show lots of detail but not too large to be unuseable.

I call it... E-BAM!

This will become the basemap for at least 2 of my future videos.

e_bam_blank_world_map_by_algolz-dbij2aw.png

Last edited: