28 Days Later - Death of a Nation

London today
IMG_20200324_151916.jpg

MaxGerke01

Banned
i just heard Spain has formally requested NATO assistance with the Corona virus so did the Blair government do the same with the Rage virus and the Resettlement plan ?

Last edited:
Pretty sure the Royals all make it out in 28 Days Later- are they in Ireland or Canada, can’t remember.

Wonder if Buckingham Palace was ransacked or just solidly locked down?

MaxGerke01

Banned
Pretty sure the Royals all make it out in 28 Days Later- are they in Ireland or Canada, can’t remember.

Wonder if Buckingham Palace was ransacked or just solidly locked down?
at least all the Queens children and their children you would assume, Perhaps the further down the line you went some were missed ?

While there are parells between the COVID19 outbreak and Rage, can we keep the general COVID news on the threads for it please, and retain this thread for the fictional outbreak as shown in 28 Days Later please?

Given the Rage virus didn’t reach Europe
You know, watching YT videos of people actually dissecting and analyzing Rage as if it were a real virus, I thought to myself that the epilogue of 28WL could be explained by the fact that the kid clearly made it out of Britain, bringing Rage to Europe... but that only works if someone kissed him or got their blood in him, which is incredibly unlikely as there would still be a perfectly intact command and control in Europe to find this kid, track him down quite easily, and make sure he doesn't get anywhere near a potential Patient One (the ethics thereof, of course, open to debate).

The ONLY way I could see it happening is if the helicopter crashed and some genius went into remove the corpse without a hazmat suit AND had an open wound... which is just not going to friggin' happen.

MaxGerke01

Banned
You know, watching YT videos of people actually dissecting and analyzing Rage as if it were a real virus, I thought to myself that the epilogue of 28WL could be explained by the fact that the kid clearly made it out of Britain, bringing Rage to Europe... but that only works if someone kissed him or got their blood in him, which is incredibly unlikely as there would still be a perfectly intact command and control in Europe to find this kid, track him down quite easily, and make sure he doesn't get anywhere near a potential Patient One (the ethics thereof, of course, open to debate).

The ONLY way I could see it happening is if the helicopter crashed and some genius went into remove the corpse without a hazmat suit AND had an open wound... which is just not going to friggin' happen.
If the helicopter crashed Andy could have gotten his infected blood on his sister Tammy or the pilot Flynn and infected them-who then as we saw with Alice and Don their parents- probably would have attacked and infected Andy. So then you have potentially 3 infected who could have encountered unarmed French civilians before anyone else and spread the disease like wildfire which is how the first and second outbreak of Rage happened in the UK Given these circumstances another outbreak would be quite possible...

Last edited:
If the helicopter crashed Andy could have gotten his infected blood on his sister Tammy or the pilot Flynn and infected them-who then as we saw with Alice and Don their parents- probably would have attacked and infected Andy. So then you have potentially 3 infected who could have encountered unarmed French civilians before anyone else and spread the disease like wildfire which is how the first and second outbreak of Rage happened in the UK Given these circumstances another outbreak would be quite possible...
This assumes a crash serious enough to cause Andy to bleed, and serious enough to give the others open woulds yet not serious enough to kill him or more importantly Tammy and/or Flynn. It also assumes Flynn would just sit there as Tammy turned, or as he himself turned - I would imagine he was armed in some way.

Andy was already infected, he was merely asymptotic.

This also makes the even bigger assumption surviving US forces in Britain and especially NATO forces in Europe watched a helicopter enter French airspace and just went “eh.”

Last edited:

MaxGerke01

Banned
This assumes a crash serious enough to cause Andy to bleed, and serious enough to give the others open yet not serious enough to kill him or more importantly Tammy and/or Flynn. It also assumes Flynn would just sit there as Tammy turned, or as he himself turned - I would imagine he was armed in some way.

Andy was already infected, he was merely asymptotic.

This also makes the even bigger assumption surviving US forces in Britain and especially NATO forces in Europe watched a helicopter enter French airspace and just went “eh.”
Those are some valid points but the larger point is that if you want to lay this story on the altar of implausibility then the story doesn't get even nearly as far as it did. The existence of the Rage virus and what it did to the UK in this story makes the spread of it into continental Europe possible however implausible. Plain old bad luck and human error and stupidity also clearly have a role in this story. As we are seeing in real life not everyone reacts to or does the best thing for themselves and others around them even in the case of a deadly virus so why should we expect fictional characters to be any different ?

Personally I cannot see the chopper making across the channel let alone to French soil. It's shot down the moment it fails to respond to radio. Remember the London enclave has already fallen, and NATO is highly alert for problems. The chopper falls from the sky and ditches. End of.

Sure, Human mistakes happen, and lets say the chopper lands/crashes in France. For months the French populace are going to be have been warned about Rage and letting anything land or against touching anything washed up (lets face it bodies from the UK would have reached the beaches) thus alert for problems- no one is going near that crash site- proper authorities are called, possible casulites be dammed; if the kids/pilot get infected, the French police are armed (and I bet a certain amount of the population too) - the infected die even before the Army/NATO/Special Alert Teams who have been watching the coast turn up.

The spread of the infection to Europe requires way too much contrivance to happen 28 Weeks Later.

If you want Rage to spread to Europe it has to be done during the initial Outbreak. Someone infected turns a Chunnell train, or a plane full of escapees. In the chaos of the news from Britain proper processes will not be in place. One Eurostar pulling into even a sliding in France could spill out hundreds of infected the authorises are not prepared for as the Quarantine is not in place.

One chap trying to save his wife has locked her below decks in his boat- sails to France- as he docks up and tries to get medical help she escapes and bites the first docker she sees... Outbreak!
Corp team sent in to get samples for 'interested medical companies' gets a bunch of infected blood back to their Masters- no experience of how fast Rage infects plus an handling accident sees an Outbreak say in Vermont, or Frankfurt...
Brits escaping by ship fall to the infected- cruise ship somewhere spots the listing vessel, and send folks over to assist. There is one survivor... Outbreak!

By the time the NATO/UN Quarantine is up though? Nope cannot see it happening.