2023 Turtledoves - Best Early Modern Timeline Poll

The Best Early Modern Timeline Is...

• There and Back Again: The English Journeys of Catherine of Aragon; @Awkwardvulture

Votes: 45 13.8%
  • The Jaguar’s Roar - An Aztec Timeline; @Vinization

Votes: 83 25.5%
  • Nobunaga's Ambition Realized: Dawn of a New Rising Sun; @Ambassador Huntsman

Votes: 110 33.8%
  • An Imperial Match: Anne Boleyn marries Charles V; @pandizzy

Votes: 93 28.6%
  • No GNW (or “Peter goes South”); @alexmilman

Votes: 45 13.8%
  • A William and Mary Timeline: For Want Of An Heir; @VVD0D95

Votes: 39 12.0%
  • Union of The Three Crowns: The History of The Nordic Empire; @Gabingston

Votes: 33 10.2%
  • Where the River Flows: The Story of Misia: A Native American Superpower; @JSilvy

Votes: 54 16.6%
  • Cessa o Nevoeiro: O Surgir do Quinto Império - A Portuguese Timeline by @RedAquilla

Votes: 35 10.8%
  • The Spanish Heir (What if Carlos II had a son?); @Archduke

Votes: 34 10.5%
  • An Heir To Rule; @Tudorfan

Votes: 27 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not be angry. Be proud that you have a loyal base of people just like I do.
And i don't say never that of create new accounts.
Respect like i respect you.

I don't know if I've ever seen anything more pathetic than registering sockpuppets to rig an online popularity contest.

Kicked for a week, just so I have it on your record that you're a liar.

Im incredibly disappointed, I would like to apology for everyone here for making the nomination in the first place
Can I just remove it, since he'll be disqualified anyway so that the remaining TLs can keep going? Since the Nobunaga TL is winning rather than his and I wouldnt like people to be forced to vote again and Ambassor to possibly lose his Turtledove because of me due to people not voting again

Also I want to make clear I wasnt involved with this, as my TL didnt get 70+ votes from the fake accounts
However if there's any risk the votes I got werent legit members I would like it to be removed from the Antiquity Turtledoves as well

Also I want to make clear I wasnt involved with this, as my TL didnt get 70+ votes from the fake accounts
However if there's any risk the votes I got werent legit members I would like it to be removed from the Antiquity Turtledoves as well
dude dont worry.

Im alright, upset of course but I'll be fine
Just want to make it clear I dont mind, I just dont want my own work to be tainted by this

I should have been clearer, but I believe it can tell whether you voted or not based on the device you use/your Wi-Fi or something. I could be wrong though.
Mods can see if accounts share the same IP yeah but VPNs, lan-houses and such can get around that, its why the former are banned and the later identified by post patterns
so...
now what?
Up to Gwrtheyrn I think

Im incredibly disappointed, I would like to apology for everyone here for making the nomination in the first place
Can I just remove it, since he'll be disqualified anyway so that the remaining TLs can keep going? Since the Nobunaga TL is winning rather than his and I wouldnt like people to be forced to vote again and Ambassor to possibly lose his Turtledove because of me due to people not voting again
Aluma, please don't blame yourself, no one could've predicted what would happen

If multiple votes are allowed is it necessary to make a new poll? I think that leaving the poll and disqualifying the one in which cheating was detected is enough? That is unless we think other TLs also received votes from this influx of people.

If multiple votes are allowed is it necessary to make a new poll? I think that leaving the poll and disqualifying the one in which cheating was detected is enough? That is unless we think other TLs also received votes from this influx of people.
papyrus-it-wasnt-enough.gif

Fair, but maybe future polls should be ran over on strawpoll, since they can tell if you already voted on a poll or not. That way these situations wouldn’t happen again.
If you do a Strawpoll, make sure it has a section for identifying the account name of the person voting, as otherwise they can be pretty easy to cheat. I've had it happen to me before.

You're a liar.

I have no idea if you're in any way connected with the influx of Spanish and Latin American accounts I've been noticing the past few days, but I've seen you registering sockpuppets over the last week.

I don't know if I've ever seen anything more pathetic than registering sockpuppets to rig an online popularity contest.

Kicked for a week, just so I have it on your record that you're a liar.
Creating sockpuppets to win a vote is a real Chris Chan move, if you know you know.

I'm not mad, just disappointed.

I'm disappointed wulfen I didn't realize you did this

I have no idea if you're in any way connected with the influx of Spanish and Latin American accounts I've been noticing the past few days, but I've seen you registering sockpuppets over the last week.
For someone I respect(ed - until now) a lot because he wrote in my eyes fantastic TL I am very sadly ashamed and disappointed at the same time, as I belive his TL could have done well on it's own (not to mention election integrity), but I also belive any rigged election ain't worth anything at all, especially if the person rigging it always knows it would not have won otherwise so what's the point in doing so?😲

No truly someone please explain it per PN as I don't get it at all, maybe I'm to stupid/ naive? Also Wulfen knows me well and long enough by now that I don't mean to disrespect or personally attack him with this question, I'm simply stunned and more so shocked reading all of this now tbh 😢

Last edited:
No truly someone please explain it per PN as I don't get it at all, maybe I'm to stupid/ naive? Also Wulfen knows me well and long enough by now that I don't mean to disrespect or personally attack him with this question, I'm simply stunned and more so shocked reading all of this now tbh o_O
Well they seemed very invested with this years Turtledoves, going as far as to post a trailer for his TL.

I guess he just really wanted to add the fact to his signature that one of his TL's won the Turtledoves, he clearly thought that the ends justified the means to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.