2021 Turtledoves - Best Early Modern Timeline Tiebreak Poll

The Best Early Modern Timeline Is...

• A Queen Twice Over: Mary Tudor the Elder Marries Francis I of France; @FalconHonour

Votes: 59 36.6%
  • The Queen is Dead!: Katherine of Aragon dies in 1518; @FalconHonour

Votes: 55 34.2%
  • Henry Tudor, Heretic and Father of Kings; @Cate13

Votes: 48 29.8%
  • A Britain of Panthers and Lions: House of Oldenburg Britain; by @VVD0D95

Votes: 59 36.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Golly. I have been keeping an eye on the thread for the past two weeks, but I never thought it would come to this! I'm thrilled to have made the cut -with both timelines, wow! - but whoever wins will thoroughly deserve it. Heretic and Panthers and Lions are both fantastic stories. :)

Heretic and Panthers and Lions are both fantastic stories.
Thanks for complimenting Panthers and Lions (I helped quite a bit with this TL, though not enough to be formally named a co-author).
A bonus content (AH coinage for TTL Britannia and Russia, probably for TTL PLC as well) is in work now, to support our fanbase.

Has that ever happened that there has been two or even more votes on same Turtledove Award? At least I don't remember such thing.

But what happens if all of them tie again? Four Turtledove winners in one category? I don't think that has happened before.
I doubt there’ll be a four way tie again, though in a two way tie they can just declare two way winners, in the scenario of a three way tie another tiebreak poll could occur.

I doubt there’ll be a four way tie again, though in a two way tie they can just declare two way winners, in the scenario of a three way tie another tiebreak poll could occur.
Heretic seems like it won't make it, but the others are neck to neck so I guess they will just all be declared winners. Another tiebreaker poll seems unreasonable.

Heretic seems like it won't make it, but the others are neck to neck so I guess they will just all be declared winners. Another tiebreaker poll seems unreasonable.
True actually. Especially since A Queen Twice Over and the Queen is Dead were written by the same person.

In the event of another tie, the winners are locked in an empty room with a single knife to help them break the tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.