• A Map of Virginia, 1680 by @dontfearme22

Votes: 43 24.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagan

Donor
EDIT 1: @TheKutKu brought to my attention that Political Map of the World, January 2019 by @Kanan was clearly created in 2019 and it was only edited in a 2018 post. Therefore, there are no issues with it. I am sorry for my mistake.

EDIT 2: Rwandan Genocide Memorandum by @Ernak and @TheKutKu was also deemed acceptable in light of the proof provided.

In the future, should borderline cases like these appear again, I suggest that proof be pre-emptively provided during the nomination phase. Thank you.

Last edited:
Rwandan Genocide Memorandum by @Ernak and @TheKutKu and Political Map of the World, January 2019 by @Kanan are disqualified because they were not posted during 2019.

I respectfuly disagree:
1584441204509.png

The Rules clearly say "maps must have been worked on in 2019 to qualify" an I can certify on my honor that @Ernak and I worked on it in december 2019 as part of the MOTM contest, Kaiphranos propably can attest of it, as well as various other users

Similarly, @Kanan Worked and finishedher world map in 2019, it just happens that she modified the first post of the OFC thread (which is dated at 2018) to include the map, but she clearly finished it in 2019, anyone who followed the thread can Attest of it.

Zagan

Donor
I respectfuly disagree: [Image]

The Rules clearly say "maps must have been worked on in 2019 to qualify" an I can certify on my honor that @Ernak and I worked on it in december 2019 as part of the MOTM contest, Kaiphranos propably can attest of it, as well as various other users

Similarly, @Kanan Worked and finishedher world map in 2019, it just happens that she modified the first post of the OFC thread (which is dated at 2018) to include the map, but she clearly finished it in 2019, anyone who followed the thread can Attest of it.
I am ambivalent with the first one as that may open a can of worms. Someone may say that he worked on his timeline during 2019 and come with proof with timestamps from his computer. What should we do then? However, let's call on @Gwrtheyrn Annwn to make a call on this one.

The second one is straightforward. I agree with that completely. I will remove its mention of being invalid.

I am ambivalent with the first one as that may open a can of worms. Someone may say that he worked on his timeline during 2019 and come with proof with timestamps from his computer. What should we do then? However, let's call on @Gwrtheyrn Annwn to make a call on this one.

The second one is straightforward. I agree with that completely. I will remove its mention of being invalid.

Thanks for accepting @Kanan 's map

As for ours, I have some computer file timestamps and Discord timestamps (the latter being easily verifiable by anyone on the same server)

unknown.png

Here is one that shows that @Ernak finished his map before the end of last year, as far as i know he only did minor modifications after it.

unknown.png

Here is some timestamp showing i worked on creating basemap for his and my maps on december 28

unknown.png

Here is another exemple of discussion we had about the theme, contents and description of the maps we had on december 30, 2019

unknown.png

Here is a timestamp showing one of the inkscape files I worked on was first worked on on december 29.

unknown.png

Some DM between Ernak and Me showing i worked on the map on december 30

Last edited:

Thanks for accepting @Kanan 's map

As for ours, I have some computer file timestamps and Discord timestamps (the latter being easily verifiable by anyone on the same server)

unknown.png

Here is one that shows that @Ernak finished his map before the end of last year, as far as i know he only did minor modifications after it.

unknown.png

Here is some timestamp showing i worked on creating basemap for his and my maps on december 28

unknown.png

Here is another exemple of discussion we had about the theme, contents and description of the maps we had on december 30, 2019

unknown.png

Here is a timestamp showing one of the inkscape files I worked on was first worked on on december 29.

unknown.png

Some DM between Ernak and Me showing i worked on the map on december 30
Whilst I agree that there are potential problems, this looks to be sufficient proof to me that it was worked on in 2019.

Zagan

Donor
I edited my post accordingly.

In the future, should borderline cases like these appear again, I suggest that proof be pre-emptively provided during the nomination phase. Thank you.

I'm honored to have been nominated for a Turtledove and receive votes. Even if I do not win, I am very thankful to everyone that believes my map is high quality.

Zagan

Donor
The final results of the 2020 Turtledove Awards have been posted here.

The Plaques will be awarded to the winners in a few days.

Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.