2020 AHFA World Cup Worldbuilding Thread

East-Central Africa
ahfa.png

Gian

Banned
Not much done today. I am thinking Islam has a smaller presence in Asia (Indonesia as Hindu?) and the interior of East Africa.View attachment 571535
I think much of Pakistan would be Hindu/Sikh while Afghanistan could be a varied mix of Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, Nestorian Christianity, Manichaeism, even Zunbilism.

Also Malaya and maybe northern Sumatra might be Buddhist.

I'm thinking the religions will need to be recolored at some point. All Christianity might be shades of yellow while all dharmic are shades of red.

Also, I'm thinking I'm going to have to "dirty up" the religions map by adding a lot more single pixel areas to make it as messy as central asia in many places.

Finally, any thoughts on having a Francophonie outline?

uplaoddd.png

Gian

Banned
Had to fiddle with the religion map a little because the way I envisioned it, the Mongols would still be Vajrayana as IOTL.
Untitled.png

Guangdong and Shanghai should be somewhat Protestant. I think the rest should be colored a combination of Folk Religion/Mahayana as OTL China is more syncretic.
I’ll try to do that tomorrow

Are you planning to finish off Africa? And do you mind me doing the Africa religious map? I’m thinking it’s much like OTL.

Had to fiddle with the religion map a little because the way I envisioned it, the Mongols would still be Vajrayana as IOTL.
Untitled.png
Alright sounds fine

I’ll try to do that tomorrow

Are you planning to finish off Africa? And do you mind me doing the Africa religious map? I’m thinking it’s much like OTL.

Alright sounds fine
Yeah you can do the religious map. We're close to being done, so I think I'll do some of Africa and Oceania (which is missing some islands)

I'm considering copying down the points to include under the world cup map? Is that possibly too much and would it take focus away from the main map?

I'm considering copying down the points to include under the world cup map? Is that possibly too much and would it take focus away from the main map?
As in the points the teams earned in the groups? I feel like it'd be more useful to know who advanced to the later stages and eventually won the tournament.

Gold Coast, Lagos, (Northern) Nigeria, Borno, Benue, Sanaga and Gabon. Also did flag for Khemia and some borders for microworlda.
ahfa.png