2020 AHFA World Cup Worldbuilding Thread

Bear in mind, the Philippines' history is largely unchanged save for a successful Spanish colony in Formosa (that and the U.S. simply recognizes its independence while annexing Cuba and Puerto Rico), so there would've had to be a Spain/Castile that manages to colonize the archipelago.
Well Leon and Castille can serve that role. Question is what the history of Iberia then is. Maybe the south broke away sometime in the 20th century.

Well Leon and Castille can serve that role. Question is what the history of Iberia then is. Maybe the south broke away sometime in the 20th century.
I was sort of imagining they'd never been united, but I don't have any strong opinions on the matter.

Also, I'm thinking Russia west of the Urals is the USSR.

This is probably my update for today. I finished the nations previously drawn in East Asia and filled out Russia, the Caucasues, Scandinavia, Arabia, and Central America.

Questions and comments are, of course, appreciated.

ahfamap.png

Gian

Banned
This is probably my update for today. I finished the nations previously drawn in East Asia and filled out Russia, the Caucasues, Scandinavia, Arabia, and Central America.

Questions and comments are, of course, appreciated.

View attachment 570953
About New England though[1], one of Our Fair Country's other PoD is that the Acadian Expulsion was butterflied away so Louisiana doesn't have its Cajuns while New England is even more francophone than IOTL.
upload_2018-1-16_21-39-35-png.365764

5wn106a.png

[1] Since @Pokemon Master did say he submitted this with @CosmicAsh's permission.

To what extent should administrative divisions be shown? Strictly for federations or countries where they matter more?

Portugal and Algarve, Central America, Administrative divisions for South China, Namib-Okavango, Angola, Congo, Katanga, Kivu.
ahfa.png

A bit more work. I filled in the rest of Arabia and did more of the microworlda.

I'm thinking mega-Mongolia has existed for a long time, and the two Chinese states were formed roughly a century ago during a chinese civil war analogue. I think the writeup will largely try to avoid referencing history though.

@Uebeltank would you like me to draw South America on the microworlda, and did you plan for any of the African states you drew to be in the Commonwealth?

mapppp.png

I'd say Congo and its neighbours would be under French rule, Angola Portuguese, but perhaps Namib-Okavango partially British? I'd say Pakistan can't exist without Muslim Persia. India would still be under some British influence due to English Sri Lanka. Post independence however may not necessarily result in unified state.

Also to what extent should countries be colored? My own preference typically is to color in every single one, but I don't particularly care.

(EDIT) China being divided is obviously an analogy to OTL Civil War and I originally thought of the north as Comunist, though another authoritarian ideology works fine.

I'd say Congo and its neighbours would be under French rule, Angola Portuguese, but perhaps Namib-Okavango partially British? I'd say Pakistan can't exist without Muslim Persia. India would still be under some British influence due to English Sri Lanka. Post independence however may not necessarily result in unified state.

Also to what extent should countries be colored? My own preference typically is to color in every single one, but I don't particularly care.

(EDIT) China being divided is obviously an analogy to OTL Civil War and I originally thought of the north as Comunist, though another authoritarian ideology works fine.
I’d prefer to just color in the large important nations. On the World Cup microworlda though every participant nation will be colored.

regarding India I think there was talk of a booodier breakup. I’m thinking there’s a moderate Islamic presence in Baloxhistan and Southern Pakistan, but most of the other OTL Muslim areas will be Zoroastrian. I’m also thinking aZoroastrian Afghanistan.

And I like communist north China. I wonder if we could have itbe dynastic, more like North Korea. With Mongolia did you have any plan for it?

I’d prefer to just color in the large important nations. On the World Cup microworlda though every participant nation will be colored.

regarding India I think there was talk of a booodier breakup. I’m thinking there’s a moderate Islamic presence in Baloxhistan and Southern Pakistan, but most of the other OTL Muslim areas will be Zoroastrian. I’m also thinking aZoroastrian Afghanistan.

And I like communist north China. I wonder if we could have itbe dynastic, more like North Korea. With Mongolia did you have any plan for it?
I originally submitted South China as one of the first nations with this idea in mind. I didn't submit Mongolia myself.