2020 AHFA World Cup Worldbuilding Thread

Gian

Banned
This is what I have right now. I'd like microworldas showing religion as well as which states were in the world cup.

View attachment 570023

I should point out to you that Iran and is mostly Zoroastrian (with Shia Muslim minorities among the other minorities except the Kurds). Turkestan is a little complex (I made myself a religious calculator showing where I got the percentages per republic. I could give you the sheet via Google Sheets)

The Philippines is pretty straightforward in that OTL pretty much applies (with the addition of Formosa as majority Catholic with animist elements among aboriginal Formosans)

Last edited:
I should point out to you that Iran and is mostly Zoroastrian (with Shia Muslim minorities among the other minorities except the Kurds). Turkestan is a little complex (I made myself a religious calculator showing where I got the percentages per republic)
If you wanted to share anything that would help make the religious map more accurate to what you had intended that would be quite helpful.

Gian

Banned
If you wanted to share anything that would help make the religious map more accurate to what you had intended that would be quite helpful.
Here's the adapted Google Sheets spreadsheet.

A couple of notes is that Vajrayana Buddhism largely predominates among the ethnic Mongol minority (ditto for the Mahayana among the Han Chinese). Eastern Orthodoxy especially predominates in the north in Qazaqstan (BTW, if you want a good idea of how that works out, the Senior Horde (in red on the map) is a religious mix, while Orthodoxy dominates in the other two hordes and in the Russian population elsewhere.

Last edited:
I've done some more work. Any input?

ahfamap.png

A lot of nations probably won’t be colored in on the main map, but on the microworlda showing teams participating in the tournament they’ll be shown.

Gian

Banned
BTW @Baconheimer, just stumbled on this map, which should help with the religious map (just fiddle with the distribution depending on the religion in the spreadsheet):
p78Ts6N-ZTZP6_E82wTZkvdYukj8qLNx-9EyVkTIGqw.png

Last edited:
I may do South-Central Africa next.
That sounds good. The nation north of New Catalonia is the Windsor River and I'm using the red outline to denote British Commonwealth states.

I was thinking after the fall of the Co-Operative Republic fascist regime the monarchy is restored in England so a number of former colonies are part of the commonwealth.

Actually, given the disunited Spain I'm interested in seeing what countries ended up colonizing OTL Latin America. One of the Iberian states must have had Mexico at one point, but at this point I don't know which one.

Gian

Banned
Actually, given the disunited Spain I'm interested in seeing what countries ended up colonizing OTL Latin America. One of the Iberian states must have had Mexico at one point, but at this point I don't know which one.
Bear in mind, the Philippines' history (at least 'till the 1900s) is largely unchanged save for a successful Spanish colony in Formosa (that and the U.S. simply recognizes its independence while annexing Cuba and Puerto Rico), so there would've had to be a Spain/Castile that manages to colonize the archipelago.

Last edited: