2019 Turtledoves - Best Ancient Timeline Voting Poll

The Best Ancient Timeline Is

• The Book of the Holy Mountain - Salvador79

Votes: 41 27.7%
  • A New Carthaginian Age: Trade, Politics, War and Treachery in the post-Roman World - RiseofBubblez

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Μηδίζω! The World of Achaemenid Hellas - Daeres

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Lands of Bronze and Fire - An American Domestication Timeline - Take Two

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • Furor Celticus: A Gallic Timeline - MrGreyOwl

Votes: 26 17.6%
  • The Many Shades of Rome: Severus Dies at Nicaea Timeline - alcibiades

Votes: 21 14.2%
  • The Annals of Aelius -- A History of Rome Under The Julian Emperors - Atamolos

Votes: 39 26.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did something happen with Hadrian's Consolidation Reboot? At least for me it doesn't appear on the poll results, and I remember that being the runaway leader in votes.

In either case, my warmest thanks to the people who voted for Medizo. 50 is quite a lot, especially considering how little I've been able to work on it this year.

Hecatee

Donor
Did something happen with Hadrian's Consolidation Reboot? At least for me it doesn't appear on the poll results, and I remember that being the runaway leader in votes.

In either case, my warmest thanks to the people who voted for Medizo. 50 is quite a lot, especially considering how little I've been able to work on it this year.
Yes it was taken out of the run because it won last year and one win disquilify from further nomination, but I'm glad your exceptional work, much more in depth than mine, was recognized for its excellence !

I'm having a little trouble processing that I won this year. I've double checked the poll results at least once while I've been writing this post. The last time I looked at the thread it was pretty clear who the winner was, and I was amazed at how many people voted for The World of Achaemenid Hellas given how few updates it had recently. Thought nothing of it, checked back in the thread yesterday, aaaand was fairly confused.

I had absolutely no expectation that Medizo could or would win a Turtledove, this year in particular. The past two years have seen a real burst in high quality ancient timelines, and also ones exploring further afield than the traditional staples for our little subgenre. I was so pleased to see so many ancient threads nominated for 2019. Given all of that I'm intensely grateful that this year people chose to vote for my timeline above all others, one which has always aimed to be a little unusual. When I began to write it I wasn't even sure that anyone else would find themselves interested in a thread announcing, from the start, an intention to deconstruct the omniscient perspective of most alternate history, or one where the perspective would constantly jump around. Ever since it was first nominated for a Turtledove I was intensely grateful that anyone was voting for it at all.

Thank you all. And a big shout out to the incredibly strong field this year constantly making me proud.

Congratulations, @Daeres, your TL really deserves it, and has deserved it for years!

And thanks to all the people who voted for my Holy Mountain, wow, second place! I feel so honored, and I never would have expected that a timeline with so remote a focus could find so much interest. Also, a big thank you to @Betelgeuse and @Roger II for editing many of my posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.