2018 Presidential Election

This will probably be the most consequential RNC chair election in history. If McNabb is elected RNC chair, the Republicans will be in the wilderness for the next generation. They need to elect one of the other people to turn the page from the Duke debacle and pick up the pieces.
Obviously there was no drama surrounding the counting of the Electoral votes on January 6th. As nothing was mentioned regarding that date. I thought Duke supporter's might have had mass protests at Capitol. But nada!

Obviously there was no drama surrounding the counting of the Electoral votes on January 6th. As nothing was mentioned regarding that date. I thought Duke supporter's might have had mass protests at Capitol. But nada!
No, Duke conceded, a few fringe lunatics may believe it was stolen, it wasn't. Not even Patty King tried to challenge the results either.

The complete Seaborn Cabinet (second term) graphic:

fk04SUm.png

Cast
Sterling K. Brown as Bobby Tyler
Catherine Bell as Paris Stray
Regina King as Meredith Payne
Milo Ventimiglia as Nate Petrelli
Bryan Cranston as Wilson Randy
Hayden Christiansen as Sean Boone
Lucinda Jenney as Karen Kroft
Garret Wang as Danny Chen (new character)
Talia Balsam as Toni Langone
Barbara Hershey as Olivia Buckland
Thom Barry as Mark Richardson
Jack Stehlin as Damon Matteo
Freddie Prinze Jr. as Ralph Gomez
Mercedes Ruehl as Valeria Quintero
Mary McCormack as Kate Harper
Joshua Malina as Will Bailey
Ever Carradine as Kelly Phelps
Jill Hennessy as Mary-Beth Shotten
Dulé Hill as Charlie Young
Annabelle Gurwitch as Karen Hepner
Gloria Estefan as Sara Sanchez
Tracy Letts as Philip Gordon
Leonor Varela as Eliana Vela Arango (new character)

Yes, we chose Harry Kim to be the first Asian-American Cabinet secretary ITTL (assuming he gets confirmed by the Senate). No word on whether he had a long-running friendship with former San Francisco mayor Samantha Bowman.

One thing eagle-eyed observers will notice is that SecDef nominee Nate Petrelli is now a former representative, having left office on the 3rd when the new Congress was sworn in.
Is the National Security Advisor considered a Cabinet level official? Who occupies this post in the Second Seaborn Administration?

NBS CAMPAIGN 2022 HEADER.png

Walken endorses Gilmore ahead of RNC

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Former president Glen Allen Walken endorsed his former White House deputy chief of staff Mark Gilmore to lead the Republican National Committee (RNC) ahead of the committee's January 26th meeting.

"I can think of no better candidate to lead our party into the midterm elections than Mark," Walken said in a statement to committee members subsequently shared by the former president's staff. "He repeatedly demonstrated loyalty, leadership and a keen organizational mind during his time in my administration, and I ask you to support his election as chair."

Gilmore served as chair of the Florida Republican Party before joining the Walken administration in 2012 and serving until Walken left office in 2019. He had previously served on Walken's congressional staff while Walken was Speaker of the House from 2001 to 2003, departing only weeks before the Zoey Bartlet crisis and Walken's stint as acting president. He faces former Michigan Republican chair Danielle Janssen, right-wing activist Hanson McNabb and Maine Republican chair Sam Woodson to succeed outgoing chair James Ritchie.

----------------------------​

wFbInlZm.png

Hunter still debating whether to address Tyler as "Mr. Vice President-elect" or "my supa fly homie Bobby T" at inauguration ceremony
January 18, 2023

HUsUg3B.png

Is CJ Cregg staying on for the second term? The same question could apply to Will Bailey; it appears that he and Sam Seaborn have developed and cultivated a seemless and collegial working relationship. Could it be that Bobby Tyler becomes the odds-on favorite to secure the 2026 Democratic presidential nomination, considering he's about to be the incumbent Vice President; I could imagine that Laura Shallick would be a strong contender for the Republican Presidential nomination; it's time to put a woman at the top of the ticket!

How fitting! Evelyn Baker Lang and Roberto Mendoza both Bartlet appointees are administering the oaths; if I recall correctly, weren't Toby Ziegler and Sam Seaborn given responsibility to ensure Mendoza had a speedy and smooth confirmation?
The Seaborn and Tyler inauguration festivities are not high profile; reasons?

Last edited:
The Seaborn and Tyler inauguration festivities are not high profile; reasons?
They're only "not high profile" because we haven't been covering the planning & preparations as much as we did in 2018 when there was a new president who was entering office versus an incumbent who is getting sworn in for a second term.

That said, Mark is still going to do coverage of the inauguration.

1674229118818.png

Friday January 20th, 2023

Live Coverage of Inaugural Day 2023

We're scheduled to begin in an hours time: This is the schedule of events that was released to the White House Press Corps this morning:

- 1150 : Invocation by Rev. William Harris of Washington D.C.
- 11:55: The incoming Vice President Bobby Tyler will take the oath of office of Vice President of the United States , administered by Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court Robert Mendoza.
- 12:00: President Sam Seaborn will take the Presidential Oath , administered by Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court Evelyn Baker Lang
- 12:05: Hail to the Chief, played by the President's Own" United States Marine Corps Marching Band followed by the United States National Anthem.
- 12:10: President Seaborn's Inaugural Address

We can confirm that former President DW Newman who is 92 years old, has flown to Washington DC from his home in Alabama. A statement relased to the press earlier this morning said " The inauguration of the first African-American vice president, is a great day for our nation. A someone who lived through the days of Jim Crow in Alabama, I was determined to see history being made".

All the other living Presidents are attending, President Santos and President Walken. Former First Lady Abby Bartlet is also attending.

1674232555129.png

Vice President Tyler takes the Oath of Office:

I, Robert Thomas Tyler, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Robert Tyler is now the first African-American vice president, and the first person of color to serve as vice president since Charles Curtis, a Native American and member of the Kaw nation, who served as vice president from 1929 to 1933 under Herbert Hoover.

1674233675746.png

President Sam Seaborn takes the oath of office for the second time.

I, Samuel Norman Seaborn, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. So help me God.

Last edited:
1674234152537.png

President Samuel Norman Seaborn's second Inaugural Address as the 46th President of the United States

My fellow Americans, I thank all of you, so much, for the awesome responsibility that you bestowed upon me for a second time and another four years. Thank you, Chief Justice Baker Lang,Vice President Tyler and Vice President Hunter as well as Presidents Newman, Santos and Walken, distinguished guests, and all the Americans who have made the journey to Washington on this very cold January day. The peaceful transfer of authority is rare in history, yet common in our country. It was seen under threat over the past year, but our history and american values held firm.

Over the past 4 years, my administration has established the framework for not just a greater America, but our greatest America. And now, now that we’ve built the foundation, now that we’ve built the frame; it’s time to build the house. I’m not just talking about a Fair Deal, or a New Deal, A Square Deal, or even the Great Society. I am talking about doing everything that for as long as we can all remember, people said would be impossible. Here will be those who continue to say that we are asking the impossible, that what we are working for cannot be done. But I submit this to you, the American People: The impossible things, are the only things really worth doing.

For centuries now, the United States has been the only first world nation not to guarantee quality healthcare to its citizens, yet somehow, we still spend more per capita on our citizens healthcare than any other nation on earth. That ends now. Medicare is the most efficient healthcare provider on the planet, and we’re going to put it to use. We will enroll every single American in Medicare, because the right to quality healthcare is a right for all, not just those who can afford it. (This is for negotiation purposes. Sam has the leverage, so if he comes in asking for M4A, he can get the PO as a compromise.) Because when you’re working two jobs just to put a roof over your family’s head and food on the table, the last thing you should have to worry about is what happens in a medical emergency. Americans should never be forced to choose between a place to live and medical treatment; between food and medical care. Over the next few years, by administration, working with our partners in Congress, will make sure that they never have to again.

4 years ago, we told the boldest step in a generation in the case of Civil Rights. We enacted marriage equality, banned discrimination in housing and employment. Now, we must complete that step. We must do what we failed to do then. We must add Gender Identity to the Civil Rights Act. The Civil Rights Act of 2023 will ensure, that all Americans, have their rights federally protected. Because, love is love, and hate is hate. And as it states in our founding documents, all men are created equal.

For too many years, we let our children by into idea that they had to go to college in order to succeed in life. We ignored pleas from those advocating for trade schools and vocation training. We sat back and watched as our children into shackled themselves with crippling debt for educations that they never wanted and, in some cases, didn’t need. We need to stop lying to ourselves and to our young people that everyone has to go to college. We need to recognize that just like how each of our children is different and special, so to must our approach to their futures. We need to reinvest in our trade schools, vocation education and job training programs. We need to protect the collective bargaining power and unionization rights of our workers, so that our work force continues to thrive and prosper.

And for those who do chose to go to college, we need to make sure they have a path to prosperity once they graduate. They need a world of possibility, not a hundred thousand in student debt that will take them years to pay off. Not only will we make sure that college is more affordable, but we will also enhance oversight of our lending companies, to prevent predatory companies from preying on our nation’s future. And for those for whom the burden has already been undertaken, we are going to do all we can. I will also work with my partners in Congress to provide more debt relief in the future.

Thank you, thank you all, and God Bless America.

It is well known that Pesident Seaborn is lover of film theme music, four years ago he asked for the Star Wars Theme, this time has asked for another John Williams theme, this time it is the Midway March