2018 Presidential Election

NBS CAMPAIGN 2022 HEADER.png

Monday September 13th, 2021

Gay Republican's question booed at second GOP Debate

The second Republican Presidential debate held at the University of Minnesota, was overshadowed last night when a question submitted via Facebook (and on video) ended with the questioner booed by some of the audience, and then encouraged to do so by two of the candidates former Oklahoma Senator Alan Duke and Californian Congressman Alton Moore.

"I am a proud Conservative, I have voted Republican in every election since 1986, I run a small business with my partner, we are being hit with higher taxes from this administration, I agree with Senator Duke on many issues, including his attack on rap music, I agree with him on climate change, the only problem is I am a gay man, how would each of you encourage me to vote for you" . The questioner's identity remained private, and voice disguised at his request. The question was met by boos from many in the audience. It was Alan Duke who replied "frankly sir, I don't want your vote or support, I would only want your support if you changed your lifestyle and returned to god, and gave up your perverted lifestyle".

Apart from Californian Congressman Alton Moore who gave Duke a thumbs up for his answer, the other Republican candidates looked shocked by Duke's answer and to the reaction of some of the audience, it was only former Michigan Congressman Gus Edwards who attempted to challenge Duke's answer, he held up his hand, and tried to reply, but was interrupted by Duke who told the audience "I think we know what to say Congressman Edwards", and was met by a further wave of booing.

That incident overshadowed the whole debate with until that point Duke performing once again well, especially regarding his answer on a question regarding his comments last week that the United States should withdraw from both NATO and the United Nations. He read out comments from two of his opponents, Ohio Senator Ruth Norton-Stewart and Illinois Senator Jasper Irving had made in the past regarding both organisations. Michigan Governor Ben Laurion once again had a good night, whilst the booing incident will be the only thing that this debate will be remembered for.

Afterwards in the spin room it was the Edwards campaign who went onto the offensive "The Congressman was the only candidate on that stage who stood up against two bigots (Duke and Moore), where were the others? It seemed the Republican party used to stand for patriotism, now it seems at least two candidates for President stand for bigotry and hate, whilst six others turn a blind eye to it" his campaign Manager Emma Gould said during an interview with NBS host Mark Bunn.

Last edited:
It was only former Michigan Congressman Gus Edwards who attempted to challenge Duke's answer, he held up his hand, and tried to reply, but was interrupted by Duke who told the audience "I think we know what to say Congressman Edwards", and was met by a further wave of booing.

Afterwards in the spin room it was the Edwards campaign who went onto the offensive "The Congressman was the only candidate on that stage who stood up against two bigots (Duke and Moore), where were the others? It seemed the Republican party used to stand for patriotism, now it seems at least two candidates for President stand for bigotry and hate, whilst six others turn a blind eye to it" his campaign Manager Emma Gould said during an interview with NBS host Mark Bunn.
Amazing how this feels like a real campaign. Up until now, I've barely registered any of the candidates (save for Duke's populist, reactionary comments), but now, it seems like one candidate has stood out to catch my attention.

Well done for being able to recreate that feeling

1631546472495.png

Former Michigan Congressman Gus Edwards trying stop the boos and reply to former Oklahoma Senator Alan Duke's homophobic comments during last night's second GOP Presidential debate held at the University of Minnesota.
(photo by Bill Ackman-as cast last year).

I stand by my prediction. If Duke is the nominee, someone from the Vinick wing runs as a 3rd party candidate and splits the vote like Taft/Roosevelt in 1912. Seaborn wins a 40+ state landslide

I stand by my prediction. If Duke is the nominee, someone from the Vinick wing runs as a 3rd party candidate and splits the vote like Taft/Roosevelt in 1912. Seaborn wins a 40+ state landslide
I hope that hero ends up being someone really obscure whom no one would have expected

I am not sure what happens but Sam is facing an uphill challenge. The Turkish invasion of Cyprus is gonna be a black mark on him. The fact it caught the US and NATO off guard, who knows what horrors are going on in Cyprus? With Greece leaving NATO as a an extremely likely future event after the Cyprus Invasion, I doubt Sam will be able to persuade the Greeks to stay in NATO. And who knows what other black swan events happen.

NBS CAMPAIGN 2022 HEADER.png

Monday, September 13th, 2021

Seaborn mocks, condemns Republican candidates for debate jeers

The incredible sight of former senator Alan Duke encouraging a crowd to boo a man for his homosexuality has left some speechless, but not Sam Seaborn. The president and top Democrats wasted little time lambasting the Grand Old Party for the Sunday night display.

"What we saw on Sunday night was disgusting and un-American," the president said, as part of his scripted remarks to the press today. "While our society has long struggled with various types of prejudice—and still does—what happened at the Republican debate last night was something that should serve as a reminder. Both of the progress we have made from the time where it was unacceptable to be openly gay in America, and of the distance we as a nation must go in combating bigotry in all of its forms."

Taking questions, the president wasted little time in criticizing the people who were vying to replace him.

"Part of the job as president is making tough decisions," Seaborn said. "But confronted with the easy decision of what to say when a fellow candidate is telling a gay Republican that his sexuality is morally wrong, why was only one person willing to slightly push back against him?"

The president noted that Vice President Jack Hunter, a Republican who has expressed very conservative personal opinions on gender roles, condemned Duke's statement and said it was "un-Christian" and "unbecoming" of a Republican candidate for president.

Following sunset, the White House was lit up in rainbow lights in response to Senator Duke's comments. White House Press Secretary Cassie Tatum said that the move was meant to signal the administration's support for the rights of LGBT people and opposition to "the hate-filled and misguided bigotry" that targets them.

1631616018815.png

Tuesday September 14th, 2021
Press Release
We are loyal Republicans. We believe in limited government, strong national defense, free markets, low taxes, personal responsibility, and individual liberty. Log Cabin Republicans represents an important part of the American family—taxpaying, hard working people who proudly believe in this nation's greatness. We also believe all Americans have the right to liberty and equality. We believe equality for LGBT Americans is in the finest tradition of the Republican Party.

What we saw from two candidates on Sunday evening who wish to be our parties nominee for President next year was frankly a disgrace not only to our party but to our nation. The bigotry shown by Senator Duke supported by Congressman Moore has no place in our party. We believe that they do not speak for the vast majority of the Republican party. We respect different views to our own, and understand that for many Christian Conservatives that the issue of LGBT rights is a complex and emotive one, but no gay Conservative such as the questioner asking a fair question to a man who aspires to lead our party and to the highest office in the land should be treated in such a way.

We respect the way that former Michigan Congressman Gus Edwards attempted to intervene at the time, and we thank him and the statements put out by his campaign since Sunday. We also respect the remarks from Vice-President Hunter and we hope that many in our party who say that they are Conservatives take heed of his words.

The National Committee of the Log Cabin Republicans

Last edited:
I am not sure what happens but Sam is facing an uphill challenge. The Turkish invasion of Cyprus is gonna be a black mark on him. The fact it caught the US and NATO off guard, who knows what horrors are going on in Cyprus? With Greece leaving NATO as a an extremely likely future event after the Cyprus Invasion, I doubt Sam will be able to persuade the Greeks to stay in NATO. And who knows what other black swan events happen.
14 months is multiple lifetimes in politics. Remember in the aftermath of the 1991 Gulf War when all of the big name Democrats were running scared from the 1992 Presidential Election because everyone thought Old Man Bush was invincible?

14 months is multiple lifetimes in politics. Remember in the aftermath of the 1991 Gulf War when all of the big name Democrats were running scared from the 1992 Presidential Election because everyone thought Old Man Bush was invincible?
Yeah I agree but I know this election is gonna be one HELL of a fight. It’s gonna be hard for both sides. But this time I think the GOP is extremely confident they can win. Sam is down and they’re gonna use the Turkish invasion of Cyprus to point out his weakness. But Sam is going to have to fight to stay in office and who knows which powers take advantage of the Crisis? Russia for sure but perceived American weakness will have global repercussions and domestic ones too.

I lack confidence Sam could keep Greece leaving NATO after what turkey did (though I doubt Shallick would do better). The Cyprus invasion has fanned the winds of hate between Turkey and Greece and by god is that a deep well. It would be a miracle to persuade Greece not to leave when Turkey will go unpunished.

Even if Greece doesn’t leave NATO the Greeks are definitely going to sever diplomatic ties with Turkey,

acn_hbo_the_newsroom_logo.png

Wednesday, September 15th 2021

Rodgers re-elected in Australian election upset

Canberra
— Prime Minister Dominic Rodgers will be given a second three-year term as prime minister of Australia, after voters unexpectedly gave his Labor party a majority of seats in today's election after his party either trailed or was tied with the opposing center-right Liberal coalition for the entire campaign.

"This is a generational moment for Australians," Rodgers said in a victory speech to supporters in Canberra. "For the second time in a row, Australians have said 'yes' to a country that works for everyone, and for a government committed to making this country greener, healthier and more resilient to the effects of climate change."

The result came as a shock to Australian political observers and poll-watchers, who had pegged the odds of one group getting a majority of seats in the country's House of Representatives as low. Stephen Moon, leader of the centrist New Party, had reportedly already scheduled meetings with representatives from both parties to discuss giving support to one group or another in the expected government formation period.

"Polling data had suggested that neither Labor nor the [Liberal] Coalition were reliably reaching the amount of first-preference votes that either party historically needed to win majorities," Dr. Tony Gray of the University of Sydney told ACN. "We were also expecting the smaller parties and independent candidates to perform better, but it appears they actually did worse than in 2018."

Liberal Party leader Desmond Paxton announced his intention to resign as party leader during his concession speech. It is expected that several candidates, including former cabinet minister Ian Burrell and former deputy leader Lara van Anders, will announce their candidacies to succeed Paxton in the coming days.

---------------------------------------

0RheUYh.png

Cast
Joel Edgerton as Dominic Rodgers
Peter Helliar as Desmond Paxton (new casting)
Vince Colosimo as Chris Venetti
Steve Bastoni as Stephen Moon

I know it was a running joke last November that we on the writing team, have a time machine, after the UK reshuffle in OTL today, I am not confirming or denying but I might have a vision to predict the future.
Our reshuffle, almost 2 months ago we had this
Fiona Wallace will be the new Deputy-Prime Minister she will be moving from the Foreign Office.
Then today in the reshuffle the PM moves his Foreign Secretary sideways to become Deputy Prime-Minister...... sometimes you just cannot make this up.