16West Ham United-1835
17AFC Bournemouth-2434
18Aston Villa-2534
19Brighton & Hove Albion-1533
20Norwich City-2832

1589728977329.png

"Survival Sunday" LIVE
70 mins: Goal

West Ham United 1 Aston Villa 1 (Grealish)
Updated table
As it stands

POSTeamGDPTS
16Aston Villa-2535
17AFC Bournemouth-2434
18Brighton & Hove Albion-1533
19West Ham United-1933
20Norwich City-2832

Last edited:
1589729523263.png

"Survival Sunday" LIVE
82 mins Goal: Manchester City 1 Norwich City 1 (Cantwell)
Once again a massive twist, Norwich have not looked like scoring all game, City have missed chance after chance to put the game beyond Norwich, but following swift break, Todd Cantwell broke forward and equalised. This is another dramatic day in Premier League History.
Updated table
As it stands

POSTeamGDPTS
16Aston Villa-2435
17AFC Bournemouth-2434
18Brighton & Hove Albion-1533
19West Ham United-1933
20Norwich City-2733

1589730138083.png

"Survival Sunday" LIVE
86 mins: Missed Penalty by Mark Noble West Ham
A chance to keep West Ham up, Noble was brought down by Villa Captain Jack Grealish, Noble stepped up but fired his penalty over the cross-bar. Words fail me.

1589730385675.png

"Survival Sunday" LIVE
90 mins+4 mins Goal: Manchester City 1 Norwich City 2 (Pukki)

OMG, I just don't believe it, Norwich might have just saved themselves in the fourth of five added on minutes, they have come back from the death Cantwell's cross and Teemu Pukki turned and fired home. Amazing scenes.

Last edited:
1589730829842.png

"Survival Sunday" LIVE
90+5 mins
Updated Table

POSTeamGDPTS
16Aston Villa-2435
17Norwich City-2635
18AFC Bournemouth-2434
19Brighton & Hove Albion-1533
20West Ham United-1933

Last edited:
1589731125539.png

"Survival Sunday" LIVE
FINAL WHISTLE'S
It's all over, Norwich have saved themselves at the death they and Aston Villa stay up. Bournemouth, Brighton & West Ham go down.
Norwich have done the double over Manchester City, and they where bottom of the table until that Pukki goal three minutes into added-on time.

Last edited:
1589732776859.png

Final scores
Burnley 0 Brighton & Hove Albion 3
Everton 1 AFC Bournemouth 3
Manchester City 1 Norwich City 2
West Ham United 1 Aston Villa 1
The other scores
Crystal Palace 1 Tottenham Hotspur 1
Leicester City 2 Manchester United 0
Newcastle United 0 Liverpool 2
Arsenal 1 Watford 0
Chelsea 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers 1
Southampton 0 Sheffield United 0

Seeing sports on this thread, Guess Marky is bored at the lack of footy. I kid.
Just something the three of us decided we should cover, Sports in general. In general I have not mentioned sport from the UK in general, but we thought it important that because of the current situation it would be nice to see how sports might have played out. NCAA college basketball tournaments, the Stanley Cup and the NBA championship all will be covered.

Just something the three of us decided we should cover, Sports in general. In general I have not mentioned sport from the UK in general, but we thought it important that because of the current situation it would be nice to see how sports might have played out. NCAA college basketball tournaments, the Stanley Cup and the NBA championship all will be covered.
I am fine with that. I was more teasing. Nothing mean, my dad is not happy there is very little sports. So you can do as you like,

OOC: Part of being quarantine is being so bored that you come up with a list of PMs for Italy, the long-neglected eighth member of TTL's G8.

Prime Ministers of Italy (since 1993)
1993-1994: Carlo Ciampi (independent)
1994-1995: Giancarlo Marconi (Forzia Italia)
1995-1996: Giuseppe Zedda (independent)
1996-2001: Lorenzo Roatta (Democratic)
2001-2006: Giancarlo Marconi (Forzia Italia)
2006-2013: Anthony Vercetti (Forzia Italia)
2013-2014: Mario Ciucci (independent)
2014-0000: Manuele Boschetti (Democratic)

Basically Italy is the same as OTL until the Mani pulite scandal upends politics and destroys the previously-dominant Christian Democratic Party. Ciampi is appointed as a technocrat, the first in Italian history, but not the last. He guides Italy for another year before his government collapses and new elections bring Giancarlo Marconi of the right-wing Forzia Italia ("Forward Italy") as the head of a center-right coalition government. Marconi can't keep it together for long, and Italy's president Oscar Luigi Scalfaro is forced to bring in banker Giuseppe Zedda as Italy's second technocratic prime minister in three years. Zedda isn't very good at being prime minister, and Italy goes into its third election in six years after he's forced to tell Scalfaro that his government will lose a confidence vote in Parliament.

A center-left coalition led by the Democratic leader Lorenzo Roatta takes the reins and leads Italy into the new millennium. Unfortunately, Roatta spends so much time dealing with in-fighting and fending off coup attempts that by the time his five-year term is up, he's too exhausted to offer any real resistance to Forzia Italia and Marconi comes swaggering back into office. Marconi's populist touch and Italy's celebrated hosting of the 2004 Summer Olympics in Rome keep Italian voters happy enough to ignore the slow creep of ministerial incompetence and the red flags journalists raise about the prime minister's "fundraising trips" to various resorts until the dam breaks in 2006 when Interpol arrests his private secretary for bringing prostitutes from around Europe to "fundraise" with the prime minister and his friends.

In the ensuing scandal, Marconi is forced to resign one step ahead of prosecution and the center-right picks Anthony Vercetti, the younger brother of former president Alcide Vercetti, as his replacement. Vercetti exceeds expectations in that he lets law enforcement roll up Marconi until the old disgraced pol is forced to plead guilty to embezzlement in exchange for a two-year sentence and permanent ban on serving in public office. But otherwise, he's quiet and mediocre. But after the past dozen years, Italians want a prime minister who isn't in the news constantly, either because his coalition is falling apart, or because people spotted the girlfriend of powerful Russian mobsters hanging out at his villa.

Vercetti lucks out and the late-2000s recession doesn't really hit Italy until after the 2008 election, giving his coalition five years to manage the economic fallout properly. They do okay, in that the Years of Lead don't make a return, but bad on most other metrics. The 2013 election leads to a complete mess in the wake of some serious and politically unpopular financial restructuring being necessary to get the economy out of the hole it fell into five years earlier. Once again, Italy turns to a technocrat to make the politically impossible task: economist Mario Ciucci is brought in at the head of a grand coalition that forces through restructuring that outrages most of the Italian electorate.

As expected, the grand coalition falls apart almost immediately afterwards and the new, charismatic and young Democratic leader Manuele Boschetti gets the nod after making the right populist noises while being sane enough to not promise to rip up the restructuring and cause an economic collapse. Boschetti's populism isn't just for show, though: his pitch of reducing the number of politicians in his plan to neuter the Senate and help stabilize Italian politics convinces just enough Italians to support him. His economic policies, however, are not as popular, focused as they are on attracting foreign investment into Italy and reducing the country's large public debt. It's likely this that leads the center-left coalition to barely keeping their head above water in 2018 and retaining just enough support in the Chamber of Deputies to stay in power.

acn_hbo_the_newsroom_logo.png

Thursday, May 21st 2020

Fighting, threats begin ahead of elections in Equatorial Kundu

Bitanga — With less than a week before Equatorial Kundu's elections, fighting and widespread threats of violence have been reported across the country as President Uzochi Nzele prepares to step down after nearly 20 years in power.

Several gun battles were reported to have taken place in the outskirts of the capital city of Bitanga within the last few days between supporters of Nzele's Arkutu Patriotic Party (APP) and those of the Arkutu Freedom Party (AFP) led by his ex-wife and former vice president Adeola Muzenda from her exile in Libya. Official reports state that a dozen people have been killed and twice that number wounded, but international observers say that the number is likely far higher, with a cell phone video of several bodies being cleared by soldiers at one site making its way onto social media.

Threats of violence or rape made by supporters of both parties' candidates for president have been widely reported, and human rights groups have reported several instances of politically-motivated violence in the past month. International election observers have already raised alarms about voter intimidation by both the government and partisan militias, a lack of adequate ballots in numerous precincts, and outdated voter rolls being used in precincts with large numbers of minority Induyes.

There are seven candidates running to replace Nzele as president in Monday's election. Polling is almost non-existent in Equatorial Kundu, but only three candidates are expected to attract serious support from Kundunese voters: Minister of Infrastructure Tendo Mozembe of the APP, senator Roland Tiki of the AFP and pastor Sarah Masombuka, one of the leaders of the protests that forced Nzele to forgo reelection, who is running as a member of the Coalition for Unity.

Masombuka, who has previously been jailed for criticizing the government and calling for both Nzele and Muzenda to face justice for their roles in the 2002-2003 genocide against the Induye people, has never held political office while both Mozembe and Tiki were relatively obscure figures before Nzele's decision not to seek reelection and Muzenda's removal upended the dynamics within their respective parties.

The country uses a system similar to that of the United States, where a candidate must win a majority of the electoral votes that are allocated to each of the country's ten counties in order to be elected. If no candidate wins 48 of the possible 94 electoral votes, a joint sitting of both houses of the legislature selects one of the two presidential tickets who received the most electoral votes to serve out a five-year term. Voters will also elect members of the House of Representatives, and one-half of the Senate alongside the president and vice president.

OOC: A few infobox odds and ends:

2TUkMpC.png

Cast
Stefano Accorsi as Manuele Boschetti
Hiroyuki Sanada as Kazuki Kamei
Catherine Dent as Claire Eckhart
Jonathan Frakes as Henry Malken

• Boschetti is essentially a more successful Matteo Renzi, so that's where I got a lot of inspiration for his biography from (although he shares his birthplace with Accorsi). The Daisy was a real party.
  • Not much to talk about with Kamei other than him serving an unusually long time (5.5 years) as chief cabinet secretary, which is frequently a stepping stone to being prime minister. He's also the first person to serve in his district since Japan changed their electoral system effective with the 1996 election (it used to be single non-transferable voting, now it uses parallel voting where most seats are first-past-the-post and the rest by proportional representation).
  • Eckhart's biography was done in December, so this is just a way to use a different infobox template ("military biography" instead of "officeholder").
  • Yes, another Star Trek: The Next Generation alum gets his infobox. Frakes was cast way back in the day and my biggest contributions are having him be born in Kentucky and putting him in the Virginia House of Delegates before he joined the House of Representatives.
  • There's a 14 inch disparity in height between Malken (Frakes is 6'3") and Thornton (Janeane Garofalo stands 5'1"), which must have been pretty amusing to Senate staffers during the transition between when Malken's last term ended and Thornton's began.

C5u8HZF.png

Chairs of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, 1997-present. All information previously established.
Notes:
  • A: Admiral Fitzwallace served under Acting President Glen Allen Walken
  • B: Shannon's tenure contained two leap years (2008, 2012) so he was the longest serving Chairman, even if it doesn't appear so.
Links to bios. Guess which one was written by the guy who doesn't know that much military stuff. (It was me.)
  • John Amos
  • Terry O'Quinn
  • Daniel von Bargen
  • Ruben Santiago-Hudson (portrait)
  • Catherine Dent

Last edited:
My brain being weird, I remember one of my ideas for in universe programs was a lot more networks adapted anime and other such material. I am not sure what will work.

But some shows I can see being for HBO (I did an idea based on the anime and manga series Black Lagoon I think). But I never put any of it down. But the main issue with adapting anything, can it be made on a budget, so I’ll have to figure what can work.