2018 Presidential Election

Hate to be that guy, but the Second Family's code names always start with a different letter than the First Family's.

The Seaborns could still be "Princeton" and "Peacock", but all the Hunters (Jack, Amy and their children) would have to be something else. Perhaps themed around baseball given Hunter's history as a former MLB team owner?

Hate to be that guy, but the Second Family's code names always start with a different letter than the First Family's.

The Seaborns could still be "Princeton" and "Peacock", but all the Hunters (Jack, Amy and their children) would have to be something else. Perhaps themed around baseball given Hunter's history as a former MLB team owner?
My error, the Seaborn's are still "Princeton" and "Peacock".

The Hunter's "Catcher" and "Cavalier".

upload_2019-1-21_11-55-24.jpeg

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...P_fAhUSVd8KHVn2Aw0QMwhFKAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8

ACN: Atlantis Cable News

Live Coverage of Inaugural Day 2019!

We're scheduled to begin in just a few minutes as we understand that the President and Vice President, as well as the First and Second ladies have arrived at the Capital Rotunda. Chief Justice Baker Lang and Associate Justice Quincy arrived just under one hour ago.

As of right now, this is the schedule of events that was released to the White House Press Corps this morning:

- 12:05: Invocation by Rev. William Harris of Washington D.C.
- 12:10: Vice President Jack Hunter will repeat the oath he took yesterday, administered by Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court Joseph Quincy
- 12:15: President Sam Seaborn will repeat the Presidential Oath taken yesterday, administered by Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court Evelyn Baker Lang
- 12:20: United States National Anthem, played by the "President's Own" United States Marine Corps Marching Band
- 12:25: President Seaborn's Inaugural Address

Vice President Hunter takes Oath of Office:

I, Jack Hunter, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

President Seaborn takes Presidential Oath of Office:

I, Samuel Norman Seaborn do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. So help me God.

President Samuel Norman Seaborn's Inaugural Address as the 46th President of the United States:

My fellow Americans, I thank all of you, so much, for the awesome responsibility that you bestowed upon me; and I look forward to talking the great challenges before us. Thank you, Chief Justice Baker Lang, as well as Presidents Newman, Santos and Walken, distinguished guest, and all the Americans who made the trek to Washington on this very cold January day. The peaceful transfer of authority is rare in history, yet common in our country. With a simple oath, we affirm old traditions and make new beginnings.

I thank President Walken for his service to our nation as well as the generosity and cooperation he has shown throughout this transition. I would also like to thank Secretary Shallick for a contest conducted with spirit and ended with grace.

I would like to thank my wife Laura, the love of my life. You are my rock, my confidant, my best friend. I could not be here without you.

I would like to thank President Bartlet, who I’m sure is looking down upon us all with a smile on his face. It was 17 years ago that he told me I would be President one day. Well Mr. President, you were right.

I would also like to thank our new Vice President, Jack Hunter, for standing with me today. I can’t imagine it’s going to be easy to be a Republican Vice President in a Democratic administration, but his selection only serves to underscore the necessity of all us coming together; not as Democrats and Republicans, but as Americans.

Forty-six Americans have now taken the presidential oath. The words have been spoken during rising tides of prosperity and the still waters of peace. We are so very fortunate that today is one of those days. Yet, every so often, the oath is taken amidst gathering clouds and raging storms. At these moments, America has carried on not simply because of the skill or vision of those in high office, but because we, the people, have remained faithful to the ideals of our forebears and true to our founding documents.

So it has been; so it must be with this generation of Americans.

Twenty Years ago, today, I stood by, not far from here, and watched as Josiah Bartlet, my mentor, my hero, took his oath of office for the first time. The world has changed a lot since then, most of it for the better; but some for the worst.

Twenty years ago, terrorism was still something that happened in a far-off land, something that only happened somewhere else. Today, it is a fear that Americans must live with each and every day. Twenty years ago, we found ourselves at peace, while today, we find ourselves at war with a vast-reaching network of violence and hatred.

Twenty years ago, we found an economy that was prosperous, and benefited all. Today, we find an economy that, while just as strong, only benefits those at the very top.

Twenty years ago, America had not yet known the pain and horror of Columbine. Today, over 15,000 people are killed every year from gun violence.

Twenty years ago, a high school diploma was all you needed for a decent paying job. Today, you need a college education for the same job.

Twenty years ago, college graduates weren’t buried under mountains of student debt. Today, student debt is at its highest point in history.

Twenty years ago, our jobs weren’t being shipped off to China while the government stood by and did nothing.

Twenty years ago, twenty dollars could buy you a cart full of groceries. Today, you’re lucky if that’ll get you two boxes of coffee k-cups.

Twenty years ago, we still believed science as fact, not fake news.

But that was the last twenty years. Now is the time to talk about the next twenty years. Now is time for America to take the next Great Leap Forward.

Twenty years from now, I have a vision of a greater America.

We’re going to inject new investment into our infrastructure, so that twenty years from now, we would be faced with the continuous peril of crumbling roads, collapsing bridges and tunnels.

We’re going to work with our international partners in the war on terrorism. We’re going to build an international coalition and we’re going to take the fight to the Bahji, both home and abroad, as well as in cyber space. Generations previous fought the cold war. It was a war of ideas and it took 50 years to bring down the tyranny of Communism. This war on terror, it too is a war of ideas. It was the Soviet citizens themselves that overthrew the shackles of communism, so too must it be Muslims citizens the world over that reject the Bahji, and their twisted and violent perversions of a religion of peace. Let there be no doubt that the United States is as committed as ever to the Global War of Terrorism. Be it twenty years or two hundred years, we will defeat the Bahji. But let me be clear, this is not a war against Islam, a religion of peace. For it is only through working hand in hand with our Muslim allies that we will forever defeat this great evil. And, if I may be so bold, to day of all days, to quote, the good Dr. King, who said “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that”. We must embrace our peace-loving neighbors around the world, for only through our united strength can we find ever-lasting peace.

We’re going to revitalize the American dream. We’re going to ensure that the American dream is so powerful that no distance of ground, no expanse of ocean, no barrier of language, no distinction of race or creed or color or sexual orientation or gender identity can weaken its hold on the human heart. We’re going to make the American dream a reality for every American once again. We’re going to make sure that our young people can find good paying jobs, without the crushing burden of student loan debt.

We’re going to confront climate change head-on. For too long, we’ve ignored the facts and science. Every government agency from the National Weather Service to the Department of Defense recognizes Climate Change as a threat to our national security; it’s time the White House does as well. Over the next four years, we’re going to more than double the amount of funding for the EPA, because it is the duty of our generation to pass on a livable planet to the next generation.

We’re also going to launch a new national investment in our infrastructure. We’re going to do this through the establishment of an infrastructure trust fund. We’re going to make sure that we never again fall short of maintaining drivable roads and bridges, repairing schools and hospitals. The Infrastructure Trust Fund will ensure that these critical functions are funded in perpetuity.

We’re also going to take on one of the greatest threats to American society: gun violence. According to the Centers for Disease Control, nearly 40,000 people were senselessly killed by gun violence in 2017. Last year, the number of school shooting deaths reached an all-time high. I’m tired of sitting around, listening to everyone say, “now is not the time to talk about gun control”. It’s the same line that we’ve heard time and time again, so nothing ever gets done and nothing changes. Starting today, things are going to change. For decades, America has needed a President willing to stand up to the gun lobby. Today, it has one. And as I pledged back in July, I’m gonna get the guns.

And while we’re protecting schools, we’re going to start improving them as well. We’re going to meet our moral obligation to provide every child with a world-class education, because it will take nothing less to compete in the global economy. I am only standing here today because I was given that chance. And I will not settle for an America where some kids don't have that chance. I'll invest in early-childhood education. I'll recruit an army of new teachers and pay them higher salaries and give them more support. And in exchange, I'll ask for higher standards and more accountability. And we will keep our promise to every young American — if you commit to serving your community or your country, we will make sure you can afford a college education.

We’re going to meet all of our other moral obligations as well, and that includes healthcare. Every single working American deserves, and of a right ought to have access to quality healthcare at an affordable price. We’re going to take on the insurance companies, the ones that for years have denied coverage to those who are sick on the grounds that they have “pre-existing conditions”. No more.

All of the things that we hope to accomplish over the next few years is going to cost money, a lot of it. That means that we’re going to have to start re-evaluating the federal budget. But more importantly, it means that we’re going to have to start opening up new sources of revenue. Yes, that means it’s time for the most fortunate among us to extend the olive branch to those least fortunate. I consider myself among those most fortunate, and I see it not only as my civic and patriotic obligation, but as my Christian duty. As it was written in the Second Epistle to the Corinthians, “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver”.

Finally, it’s time to talk about another issue that has been talked about long enough. For more than 20 years, the United States Government has denied the basic human right of marriage to same-sex couples. No more. We have talked long enough about marriage equality. We have long enough about employment and housing discrimination. As President Lyndon Johnson once said, “It is time now to write the next chapter, and to write it in the books of law.” So today, I pledge to the American people, that within the first one hundred days of my administration, the Civil Rights Act of 2019 will be brought to the floors of Congress, so that we can begin to eliminate from this nation every trace of discrimination and oppression that is based upon a citizen’s sexual orientation. This solemn vow, I make to you.

Thank you, thank you all, and God Bless America.

Very nice inaugural address? How much of it did Sam write? And who are his speech writers?

I don't see Hunter being happy with the guns or civil rights bit.

Bet Senator Ryan Lyndell & former Senator Haydn Straus liked the last tune, not sure about the incoming Secretary of the Interior Sean Boone though. ;)