2017 Turtledove Poll: Best Finished Timeline

Best Finished Timeline?

• A Different Path: A History of the Kerry Administration & Beyond; by Pericles

Votes: 35 27.3%
  • A Nation Healed Again and Broken Again; by dw93

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • A Land Of Milk And Honey; by TheMann

Votes: 23 18.0%
  • Parkland: An Alternate 11/22/63; by SargentHawk

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Player Two Start; by RySenkari and Nivek

Votes: 38 29.7%
  • The Falcon Cannot Hear: The Second American Civil War 1937-1944; by Ephraim Ben Raphael

Votes: 60 46.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please Remember that this is Approval Voting, meaning that you may vote for more than one option. Votes will not be displayed publicly, and you may change your vote (in the event of a miscast ballot.) However, I ask that you keep vote changing to a bare minimum.

And The Nominees Are:

A Different Path: A History of the Kerry Administration & Beyond; by Pericles

A Nation Healed Again and Broken Again; by dw93

A Land Of Milk And Honey; by TheMann

Parkland: An Alternate 11/22/63; by SargentHawk

Player Two Start; by RySenkari and Nivek

The Falcon Cannot Hear: The Second American Civil War 1937-1944; by Ephraim Ben Raphael

Lead-Image1.jpg

On behalf of President Romney, we endorse A Different Path for the Turtledove

phone_zps517ce568.jpg

"Hey, We need to get help in here. My brother's still recovering and we need the votes here to get this award wrapped up for us. Send everything you can."
*pause*
"Bye the way, this is Kennedy."

*sorry, I couldn't resist. I have the ammunition I had to use it.*

Why you should vote for A Different Path
  1. Good style, moving plot. Has depth but won't bore you.
  2. New idea, not done as a TL before.
  3. Relevant to current events IOTL.
  4. Good balance between plausibility and a good read.
  5. Not biased in favour of one side, neither a utopia nor a dystopia.
  6. Widely praised by readers.
  7. Has a cool title card by @SargentHawk
  8. Is creative, brings up people who are not well-known IOTL.
  9. Just an all round good TL.
Please vote for A Different Path!

James G

Gone Fishin'
SergentHawk's TL is the best choice here by far.
If I could I would have voted for it several times and I urge others to give the TL a vote for substance, style and following of rules in his TL.

SergentHawk's TL is the best choice here by far.
If I could I would have voted for it several times and I urge others to give the TL a vote for substance, style and following of rules in his TL.

You could start by spelling his name right! I do try to follow the rules and I regret that one mistake, though it should not disqualify my TL, which is great on the merits and nobody cared about style until people like you brought it up. This is a thinly veiled attack on my TL, and I have never attacked other TLs. It's just plain unsporting, a low blow. If I lose, it should be on the merits of my TL and the others. The style issue was an honest mistake, but is a non-issue. Don't behave like this, it is not on. Let the best TL win!

Thanks for all your votes-it is humbling to see the support for my TL and all the great TLs out there. Let the best TL win!

Congratulations to The Falcon Cannot Hear for its resounding victory and to @RySenkari and @Nivek for their second place showing. Thanks to all those who supported my TL, and all those that recognized the great TLs out there by voting.

Thanks to all those who nominated my Timeline and congratulations to the winner of the 2017 Turtledove for best finished timeline.