2010 US Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Isn't Babbish Attorney General? I mean i know he was never planned but i remember him being on the top of Santos' list at the end of the actual series? I get it if he isn't in this but i just remember that being said.

It was mentioned, but with no confirmation I'm guessing that Santos decided on someone else.

cnn.com, Friday December 11th

Nashua, New Hampshire (CNN) -- Front-runners Glen Walken and Ray Sullivan attacked each other's economic plans as they fought for their party's top spot during the final debate before the start of the Primary season.

The sharpest exchange in the debate came when Sullivan, the former Governor of West Virginia accused Walken of proposing to increase the tax burden on normal Americans with his plan to introduce a value added tax – or national sales tax.

"It's simply wrong," Walken said. "The Governor can bury his head in the sand and pretend that the deficit will magically fix itself or he can join me in looking for solutions. The introduction of VAT is specifically designed to get money back into the pockets of businesses and to the people on the street, a cut in business tax and reduction of income tax will help kick start the economy.”

But Sullivan, the 2006 Vice-Presidential nominee, disagreed accusing Walken of betraying his conservative roots.

"The introduction of any new tax will not help the economy grow, it will stifle the recovery." he said.

The debate, sponsored by CBS, took place at Daniel Webster College in Nashua.

The event came as the GOP's six remaining candidates jockey for position ahead of next months primaries in Iowa and New Hampshire.
Walken hopes to solidify himself as the front-runner, though polls this morning are suggesting that New Hampshire, Florida and South Carolina are too close to call and that Sullivan is making in roads in a number of major states, including California.

Both former Michigan Gov. Marcus Blakemore and former Kentucky Senator Hawk Fuller hope to position themselves as the outsider insurgent making a late run for the nomination. Blakemore also clashed with Walken on economic policy as well as claiming the former speaker and acting President would be too polarizing a figure in Washington.

Fuller took aim squarely at Sullivan, continuing his previous line of attack that the Governor was a political opportunist who has changed his view on a number of key policies. Countering Sullivan said “I was a loyal vice-presidential nominee, so I supported Senator Vinick on the views the campaign agreed on – I haven’t found it written anywhere that I had to agree with him 100%.”

All the candidates bar former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Nicholas Alexander did find common ground on a question regarding the impending nomination to the Supreme Court. Walken led the way saying “I will support the President’s nominee as long as he doesn’t look to appoint either an unqualified candidate or someone with an activist voting record and outlook.” Governor Sullivan agreed adding “We can only hope that some of the rumors in the press are wide of the mark as some of the proposals would be difficult choices to support.” Of all the candidates former Speaker Jeff Haffley was the most outspoken saying “The President must avoid playing politics with this appointment and attempting to realign the balance of the court.”

General Nicholas Alexander used the debate as a means of playing up his foreign policy experience attacking Governor Sullivan’s approach to Gaza and offering faint praise to the President for his actions in Kazakhstan whilst questioning the time taken to reach the decision. “We can’t afford dithering from the President on key military matters.”

Of the candidates on show Fuller and Blakemore will have left still believing they need a game changing moment if they are to snatch the nomination. Both Sullivan and Walken will have left the stage feeling they had accomplished much of what they set out to.

Last edited:
politico.com Friday December 11th 2009
Debate rather dull
The final GOP debate in Nashua last night, was probably the least exciting to be held so far.
The majority of the candidates have been at this for almost a year now, so have there messages and themes of to a pat.
There where some brief moments of excitement. Glen Allen Walken got a a laugh when he said"If the answer to the nations problems, was another four years of President Santos, then it makes you wonder what the question was".
Walken and Ray Sullivan clashed over Tax policy and a plan to reduce the deficit, whilst George Fuller again attacked Sullivan over his change platform "Governor Sullivan is running on a platform saying he is for change, I am running on a proven record of almost thirty years of change, he talks about change, I have delivered change".
Marcus Blakemore had a much better performance than his last one in New York, he proved his knowledge on Foreign Policy clashed with both Walken and Sullivan on tax and the Gaza peacekeeping mission. It was a good stuff from the Former Michigan Governor, but it is enough to force himself back into the top two, probably not, but as Blakemore keeps saying the race is still very tight.
Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Nicholas Alexander again showed his excllent command of military affairs, and said that the problem with President Santos "was not that he makes the wrong decisions all the time, it is the fact that he takes to long to make them".
Jeff Haffley seems to know he is not going to win the nomination, the fire has clearly gone out from the Former Speaker. He was of course attacked on his Foreign Policy and by Ray Sullivan and Marcus Blakemore by saing that Haffley would "grind Washington to a standstill" and "just unite the Democrats against us".
So who won, we would say Walken again, Sullivan did what he had to, and is Blakemore espically after his poor performance in New York. But did the debate really change peoples minds this close to the election season, probably not.

Redstate.com, Friday December 11th

GOP Debate Coverage – Ratings by Candidate

Glen Walken: (7/10) It was another good display by Walken. He is on strong ground in a debating environment and performed a surprisingly good job of explaining his economic policy against criticism from Governor Sullivan. If he has a weakness it’s that he remains open to attacks that he has an overly partisan record which will make it difficult to drive the change the American people want in Washington – a point capitalized on by Sullivan on a number of occasions. Walken was again extremely comfortable on foreign policy and the discussions with Fuller at times resembled to old friends discussing policy at their summer house. Again he fudged the question about same sex marriage, after making such a splash in the first debate by articulating a position he seems reluctant to give many more details or engage in any discussions on the subject. His big strength is his continual focus on jobs, a message that will most likely play well with the American people should he secure the nomination.

Ray Sullivan: (8/10) The former Governor of West Virginia seems to revel in being attacked from every angle. His spirited attack on Walken’s tax policy doesn’t bare up to scrutiny but anyone watching the debate will have found it difficult to tell who was right and who wasn’t. His answer to the challenges of flip-flopping was strong, and using Fuller’s critique to attack the former Kentucky Senator’s perceived disloyalty was brilliant. Gaza remains a weak spot, though he done a decent job of portraying himself as someone who is prepared to change his view if the evidence on the ground changes. One weak point was that he spent a lot of time talking in general terms about changing without ever listing any specifics.

Marcus Blakemore: (7/10) This was Blakemore’s best debate performance. He managed to get across his foreign policy knowledge well, at one point seemingly tying Jeff Haffley in knots over Gaza. There is little doubt that he’s is wide open to attack on socially conservative issues; however, last night he largely stayed away from them and articulated himself well over his opposition to President Santos’ signing of the ban on partial birth abortion. Much of the former National Security Advisor’s strategy seems to be aimed at pulling in independents and moderates in New Hampshire – choosing last night to articulate his desire to cut income tax in a bid to stimulate the economy was a clear attempt to do just that.

Jeff Haffley: (5/10) Haffley has taken on the appearance of a man who knows the game is up. He’s clearly making an attempt to appeal to floating voters in the base. For the first time last night he confirmed that he would seek a constitutional amendment on same-sex marriage and promised that he would work tirelessly to shrink the size of government by “at least 50%” – a claim rubbished by Blakemore as “picking a big number out of the air”. The man who this time last year many seen as the biggest challenger to Sullivan seems to be struggling to find a message that resonates, that hasn’t already been presented better by another candidate.

Nicholas Alexander: (4/10) The General is still in there fighting but it seems a long way from the optimism his campaign felt after polling in September suggested he had taken the lead in Massachusetts. Alexander has struggled from day 1 to shake off the image as a Bartlet supporting Democrat who has switched sides for political convenience. Presented last night with a great opportunity to cut down those claims by outlining a conservative approach to judicial selection he badly fluffed his answer and did little but confirm suspicions that he supported President Bartlet’s appointments of Mendoza (which in fairness found agreement with most of the candidates) and Lang (which didn’t).

George Fuller: (6/10) The Hawk is a seasoned debater and showed all his skills last night, but you can’t help but think that something is missing. Fuller is very similar in outlook to Arnold Vinick but is undoubtedly more of a maverick than the current Secretary of State meaning that with his late entry he had a lot to do to reassure many in the party where his loyalties lie. Overall I don’t think he’s achieved that so far. He talks well about change and about the potential of the America, but his policy framework is ill defined and whilst he is at ease demonstrating his unrivaled policy knowledge and foreign policy experience he doesn’t seem to have worked out what exactly he intends to do with the Presidency.

townhall.com, Friday December 11th

Debate Review: Sullivan For President

Michael McAndrew

With the final debate wrapped up we are full steam ahead to Iowa and New Hampshire and January and I think we have reached a stage where we can have a very clear idea what we can expect from the candidates in the race.

After much deliberation I think now is the time to tip my hand and say that I am hereby endorsing Governor Ray Sullivan for President. His performance in last nights debate re-emphasized the many skills I believe he will bring to the Presidency. Under pressure from all of the other candidates Sullivan held his ground extremely well, questioning Glen Walken’s recovery plan and making it clear that he is the candidate with the strongest conservative credentials.

His commitment to lower taxes and to reducing the size of government was clear for all to see last night, whilst I don’t doubt Walken’s credentials I do doubt his ability and drive to bring the type of change to Washington that is required and for that reason I am backing Sullivan.

msnbc.com, Friday December 11th

Lyman: GOP Candidates “Don’t Get It”

DNC Chairman Josh Lyman has claimed that on the back of last night’s debate that “it is pretty clear that none of these guys get the problems facing this country today.”

Lyman, who appeared as an analyst for MSNBC last night said that “President Santos has been leading this country through the most difficult economic crisis in generations. These guys are so out of touch with the actions that his country needs to be a thriving 21st century democracy. Any one of them will do untold damage to the economy and to our international standing.”

The former White House Chief of Staff saved his strongest criticism for West Virginia Governor Ray Sullivan who he said “Really has no idea. He talks about change because he thinks that what people want to hear, in 2006 he talked about the need to seize the centre ground, now he’s a Lassiter conservative. I think all Democrats are comfortable with a comparison between Sullivan and the President.”

The Republican field got stronger support from Bob Mayer the former speechwriter for Secretary of State Arnold Vinick who said that he felt that “Any of the field would do a better job than President Santos. I understand that Josh is worried about Governor Sullivan’s appeal and feels the need to belittle him but don’t be fooled – the DNC are working furiously to cover the fact that we have an ineffective President who’s dithered when we required decisiveness who’s struggled when we needed strength and who has failed to enact a single one of his headline policies that he outlined in ’06.”

MSNBC.COM Friday December 11th 2009
Sullivan "If Josh Lyman's attacking me, than I must be doing something right"
Governor Ray Sullivan has hit back at an attack made on him by Chairman of the DNC and President Santos Campaign Manager back in 2006, Josh Lyman.
Sullivan who was back on the campaign trail in Portsmouth, New Hampshire this morning said "Hey, if Josh Lyman is attacking me I must be doing something right. And I can tell Josh I do get it, the out of control budget deficit did not happen because of the global economy, it happended because this President has allowed it to".

CNN.COM Friday December 11th 2009
Breaking News Breaking News Breaking News
Shots fired at Governor Blakemore
Reports are coming in that gunshots have been fired at GOP Presidential candidate Marcus Blakemore as he left a Community Centre in Salem, New Hampshire.
No further details are available at the moment.
We will bring you further information as soon as possible.

CNN.COM Friday December 11th 2009
Breaking News Breaking News
Blakemore shot twice, two others wounded
More news is coming in regards to what looks like an assisnation attempt on Presidential candidate Marcus Blakemore.
We understand that five shots where fired at Blakemore as he he left a campaign event in Salem, New Hampshire at approx 11.15 am est. Eyewitness say at least two other people have been wounded.
The Secret Service have we believe returned fire, but it is known who the attacker or attackers where.
Governor Blakemore is understood to en-route to Parkland Medical centre in Salem.

Foxnews.com Saturday December 12th 2009
Blakemore in "crictical condition" after shooting
Presidential candidate Marcus Blakemore is described as being in a "crictical condition" after an attempted assisnation attempt in Salem New Hampshire yesterday.
Governor Blakemore was hit twice by shoots fired from a handgun as he left a campaign event. One bullet we understand hit his shoulder whilst the second hit is upper chest.
Doctors performed a six hour operation last night at the Parkland Medical centre in Salem in an attempt to remove the bullets. Blakemore's wife Laura who was at another event in Manchester, New Hampshire rushed to his side.
Two others where wounded in the attack, both key aids to the Governor, Cliff Calley and Matt McConnell, although both have been released.
There is no word on the attacker, it is confirmed that the Secret Service did fire shots at the assaliant, and eyewitness say a body was taken away.
There is expected to be a full FBI and Secret Service briefing later on today.
Elsewhere we understand President Santos was informed of the shooting within minutes. He was working at the White House and was briefed in the siutuation room by the Secret Service and the FBI. At the same time, all five other GOP Presidential candidates, Glenn Walken, Ray Sullivan, George Fuller, Nicholas Alexander and Jeff Haffley where put into what the Secret Service calls a "lock-down" they where taken straight away from there public events and taken to a safe location, in case that the attempt on Governor Blakemore was part of an larger attempt on all the candidates.
This was ended at approx three hours after the shooting.
In a sign of joint support all the candidates released a joint statement
" We are all Praying for the Governor and his family. Of course we are rivials but we are also fellow Republicans and friends, part of the same Republican family".

Last edited:
December 12, 2009
msnbc.com

JAY CRUGER COUNTRY

Yesterday we were to have a special announcement of who this show , and this host would endorse for President of the United States, specifically in the Republican race. However, it would not be proper at this time to politicize the cataclysmic events in the last 24 hours.

Here's the roundup of the last few hours:

1. Governor Marcus Blakemore, has been shot and injured and has been rushed to the Parkland Hospital, in Salem, New Hampshire.

2. After three hours of lock down three of the candidates ( Walken, Sullivan, Haffley) have converged to the Parkland Hospital in Salem, New Hampshire where they have been briefed on the situation of Governor Blakemore

3. We are also of the knowledge that former Vice President John Hoynes, and old friend of Governor Blakemore's is also on his way to Salem, to see him in the hospital

4. Political activity has been suspended today until further notice, and whether or not Governor Blakemore is out of the race is neither being commented on nor is it being held in concern.

5. The attending physician Dr. John Schumaker has refused to comment on the condition after the surgery.

Further details throughout the day will be given on this program as we deliver reports live on the Governor's condition.

Last edited:
CNN.COM Saturday December 12th 2009
FBI name Blakemore's attacker
At a hastly arranged press conference in Salem New Hampshire, the FBI have announced the name of the attacker on Governor Marcus Blakemore.
Mike Casper, Chief of FBI Field Operations said "We announce today that the man who fired five shots at Governor Blakemore is David Kirkwood. In the return of fire, he was wounded by the Secret Service. Despite rumours on the internet,we can confirm that he is alive, and under armed guard. Kirkwood is 42 years old from Birmingham, Alabama. We are looking into a motive that is all".

msnbc.com December 13, 2009
Candidates hit campaign trail again; Walken sets up shop in five swing states

This morning the Republican candidates hit the campaign trail once again to cover lost ground since the Blakemore incident. Although, Glen Allen Walken still will not move beyond New Hampshire until Blakemore has woken up he still has had advisors set up shop in five critical swing states: Pennsylvania,Michigan,Ohio, Illinois and Florida. Walken has done so positioning himself as the nominee in 2010.

Governor Sullivan has also hit the campaign trail in Nashua, New Hampshire where he will hold a town hall meeeting, to discuss education and health care. The self acclaimed "Vinick-Republican" has sought the help and support for his candidacy, by several New Hampshire officials, even an endorsement by John Hoynes was suggested, but has since been waved off.

Haffley and Alexander have not experienced much momentum and have decided to remain in the Salem area, for word on Governor Blakemore.

Senator Fuller has decided to head out to the first state on the agenda- Iowa. fuller is expected to board for Iowa at 12:00p.m. today and be back in Nashua by Wednesday.

Last edited:
CNN.COM Sunday December 13th 2009
Blakemore awake and "out of danger"
Marcus Blakemore is awake after a having a second operation Saturday night, after the first proved un-sucessfull to remove the second bullet.
A spokesman from Parkland Medical Centre, Salem told the press
"At around mid-day today, the Governor woke and spoke to his wife. His is still very weak, but he is out of danger"
Meanwhile the FBI investgation continues, with the area around the shooting site, in complete lock-down.

JAY CRUGER COUNTRY

Walken to be on Jay Cruger Country

Former Speaker and President on Jay Cruger Country, we're gonna talk about the issues, and also the Cake or Pie Caucus with him. Monday 6pm ET/5pm CT

Last edited:
foxnews.com, Monday December 14th

Sullivan: “Blakemore is a Great Man”

Former West Virginia Governor Ray Sullivan has spoken publicly for the first time about the shooting this past weekend of his rival for the Republican nomination for President, Governor Marcus Blakemore.

Speaking on This Week on ABC, Sullivan told host Chris Franklin that whilst “Governor Blakemore and I have differed on policy, and clashed in the manner opponents do in political battles, but it has never taken away from the great respect I have for the man.”

Sullivan refused to speculate on the motivation of the shooter saying “That’s a matter for the police. My only thoughts at the moment are with Marcus and his family. Kate and I have both been in touch with them and are committed to helping them in any way we can.”

The 2006 Vice-Presidential nominee is continuing to campaign in New Hampshire amid much increased security but admitted that the general mood in the campaign is downbeat “It’s difficult to think about other things at this time, but one of our great strengths as a nation is our ability to continue our government in even the most tragic circumstances.”

cbsnews.com, Monday December 14th

Swenson: Blakemore Condition “Improving All the Time”

Florida Governor Eric Swenson has told reporters in New Hampshire that the condition of Republican Presidential hopeful Marcus Blakemore is “improving all the time”.

Swenson, who has been serving as the national co-chair of the Blakemore campaign after ending his own brief and chaotic Presidential run earlier this year, was speaking outside the Parkland Medical Centre in Salem. He added “Marcus is awake and doctors are confident that the damage has been contained. The bullet that hit his shoulder passed straight through and the second bullet miraculously managed to miss all of the key organs and arteries.”

Asked about Blakemore’s campaign Swenson would only say “For the moment the campaign is suspended, as we announced on Friday night. This is not the time to discuss what happens next.”

It is believed that Governor Blakemore will be moved today to an as yet unnamed hospital.

Samuels to Head Tory Commission on Lords Reform
The Leader of the Opposition, James Taylor, has today announced the formation of a new commission to review Conservative policy for reform of the House of Lords at CCHQ. The announcement has been expected for some time, but somewhat suprising is the choice of chairman; the former Shadow Chancellor Richard Samuels, who resigned from the shadow Cabinet in the summer.

Samuels entered Parliament as MP for Dumfriers and Galloway in the 1983 general election, serving in a number of roles in the government of Margaret Thatcher. In 1986, he inherited the title of Viscount Falkland, but disclaimed it in order to retain his Commons seat. Samuels was promoted to the Cabinet as Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster in 1992 in order to co-ordinate the Conservative election campaign. After the election, Samuels was given the role of Secretary of State for Scotland and was noted as being one of then-Home Secretary Henry Reed's closest Cabinet allies. Following Reed's victory in the 1993 leadership election, Samuels was offered and accepted the position of Leader of the House of Commons, and was responsible for the "St Stephen's Agreement" with the breakaway National Democrats that is credited as saving the Reed government from being removed by Parliament.

In 1995, Samuels was made Environment Secretary, and became a favourite amongst Tory grassroots activists. Samuels once again co-ordinated the Tory election campaign in 1996, and despite the heavy loss, recieved plaudits from Reed for his tireless work. After making the decision to step aside in early 1997, Henry Reed chose to throw his support to Samuels as successor, and he topped the poll in the first election. However, after he was "outed" by the Daily Mirror, Samuels found himself the target of attacks from the right-wing press for his "deviance", and he withdrew after the second round.

Samuels turned down frontbench positions from Maureen Graty several times, and when asked whether he would take any ministerial role under a future Conservative PM replied that "if you can find a future PM in the Conservative Party, I'd be glad to", leading to criticism from the Conservative leadership.

After the loss in the 2000 general election, Samuels made a token challenge for the leadership as a "stalking horse" against Maureen Graty, but was eaily defeated. He did, however, become a close ally of James Taylor, elected that year, and noted for his eloquence and localist ideals from the backbenches. Samuels served as Taylor's PPS on the latter's promotion to Cabinet, and supported him for the leadership in 2007, being rewarded with the position of Shadow Chancellor. However, it was widely believed that the early years of Taylor's leadership left Samuels disillusioned with his party leader, and he chose to leave the shadow Cabinet in the summer of this year, citing the pressures of his constituency work. The announcement that he is to chair one of Taylor's policy commissions may cause some to change their assumptions, however, and Samuels has repeated his comments of support for the Tory leader.Samuels has announced that he will not contest his Commons seat at the next general election.

Last edited:
JAY CRUGER COUNTRY

Interview with Glen Allen Walken

Jay Cruger:

OK, where right here in New Hampshire, talking to former acting President, and Speaker of the House Glen Allen walken, who is currenyly the frontrunner for the Repubnlican nomoination, President Walken, welcome.

Glen Allen Walken:

Thank you for having me, please call me Glen

JC: Fair enough. Glen you've been campaigning all over the country focusing alot on New Hampshire and the big states. You've told us about your economic message, what are your goals for ther economy, should you win this election?

GAW: It's very simple. I am a heavy proponent of supply-side economics, I am pro-business, I support funding for businesses to create jobs and boost our productive eficiency. Anybody should be able to join me in the pledge to create jobs through business through funding, and it's one issue Governor Sullivan and I agree on. You can stimulate welfare all you want its like debt relief it won't help[ you very much if you are not frugal or careful with the money, so that's why we trust business and entrepeneurs to create jobs with the money. And I've said that I am strongly for the market we're real economic efficiency is generated

JC: Wouldn't there be a risk of abuse by the CEO's?

GAW: There are always risks in any venture, you just have to allocate your reources properly and we'll expand our economy, without bailouts and useless earmarking like President Santos has done the last four years.

JC: I want to address tax cuts, what is your tax cut package

GAW: President Lassiter's tax plan of 1996 very much so worked for us Io don't know why Santos discontinued it in 2008, why Bartlet tried to do so in 1999 either. Property Taxes were cut by 7% under Bartlet, and only 4% under Santos this last year and in this coming year it'll only be 2%. Americans do need services and that may cost much but Santos has raised taxes for boondoggle products, like the woodstock museum... and I want that in common letters (Laughs)... he's done it for a public health care option which iis better privitized, and further more on abortion, overseas drug and oil import. Such reckless spending needs to controlled by the government.

JC: Glen, let's turn to health care, What is your health care plan

GAW: Tax deductable, affordable non-government regulated health insurance is the best plan and we need to presure Matt Santos to take that sort of approach.

JC: How is it better than a public option, I mean your economy is allocatively efficient with less sick people, and a lot of sick people cause less than productive efficiency---

GAW: Jay, the Production Possibility Curve will be affected even more if effective if we allow the market to boom.

JC: OK, abortion is of concern you disagreed on with Senator Vinick in 2006 heavily andnow you are after the same thing

GAW: Only for rape, incest or life of the mother my strict policy.

JC: Fair enough, If you win who would you choose as a running mate?

GAW: Let me win first, then I'll tell you

JC: OK, how about if you had to choose a Democrat

GAW: uhh.. wel a Democrat on the ticket being brought to the Republican National Convention, John Hoynes!

JC: Sir?

GAW: no no (Laughs) no just joking I'd pick Santos

JC: Really? (laughs)

GAW: puts behind us an impending problem (laughs)

JC: alrite you know our caucus Governor sullivan did it, Governor Blakemore chose cake and eFormer Speaker Haffley chose neither as well. So In the cake or pie caucus, which one are you choosing

GAW: I'll take pie right now, i love desert but I can't get enough of apple pie

JC: You are my hero, Sir

Alright Glen Allen Walken thanks for being here

GAW: Thanks to you, Jay, alright and Merry Christmas

JC: And to you,sir

JAY CRUGER COUNTRY

Interview with Glen Allen Walken

Jay Cruger:

OK, where right here in New Hampshire, talking to former acting President, and Speaker of the House Glen Allen walken, who is currenyly the frontrunner for the Repubnlican nomoination, President Walken, welcome.

Glen Allen Walken:

Thank you for having me, please call me Glen

JC: Fair enough. Glen you've been campaigning all over the country focusing alot on New Hampshire and the big states. You've told us about your economic message, what are your goals for ther economy, should you win this election?

GAW: It's very simple. I am a heavy proponent of supply-side economics, I am pro-business, I support funding for businesses to create jobs and boost our productive eficiency. Anybody should be able to join me in the pledge to create jobs through business through funding, and it's one issue Governor Sullivan and I agree on. You can stimulate welfare all you want its like debt relief it won't help[ you very much if you are not frugal or careful with the money, so that's why we trust business and entrepeneurs to create jobs with the money. And I've said that I am strongly for the market we're real economic efficiency is generated

JC: Wouldn't there be a risk of abuse by the CEO's?

GAW: There are always risks in any venture, you just have to allocate your reources properly and we'll expand our economy, without bailouts and useless earmarking like President Santos has done the last four years.

JC: I want to address tax cuts, what is your tax cut package

GAW: President Lassiter's tax plan of 1996 very much so worked for us Io don't know why Santos discontinued it in 2008, why Bartlet tried to do so in 1999 either. Property Taxes were cut by 7% under Bartlet, and only 4% under Santos this last year and in this coming year it'll only be 2%. Americans do need services and that may cost much but Santos has raised taxes for boondoggle products, like the woodstock museum... and I want that in common letters (Laughs)... he's done it for a public health care option which iis better privitized, and further more on abortion, overseas drug and oil import. Such reckless spending needs to controlled by the government.

JC: Glen, let's turn to health care, What is your health care plan

GAW: Tax deductable, affordable non-government regulated health insurance is the best plan and we need to presure Matt Santos to take that sort of approach.

JC: How is it better than a public option, I mean your economy is allocatively efficient with less sick people, and a lot of sick people cause less than productive efficiency---

GAW: Jay, the Production Possibility Curve will be affected even more if effective if we allow the market to boom.

JC: OK, abortion is of concern you disagreed on with Senator Vinick in 2006 heavily andnow you are after the same thing

GAW: Only for rape, incest or life of the mother my strict policy.

JC: Fair enough, If you win who would you choose as a running mate?

GAW: Let me win first, then I'll tell you

JC: OK, how about if you had to choose a Democrat

GAW: uhh.. wel a Democrat on the ticket being brought to the Republican National Convention, John Hoynes!

JC: Sir?

GAW: no no (Laughs) no just joking I'd pick Santos

JC; Really? (laughs)

GAW: puts behind us an impending problem (laughs)

JC: alrite you know our caucus Governor sullivan did it, Governor Blakemore chose cake and eFormer Speaker Haffley chose neither as well. So In the cake or pie caucus, which one are you choosing

GAW: I'll take pie right now, i love desert but I can't get enough of apple pie

JC: You are my hero, Sir

Alright Glen Allen Walken thanks for being here

GAW: Thanks to you, Jay, alright and merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.