2010 US Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2017-2-8_14-55-36-png.307359

Tuesday December 12th 2017

Big boost for Thorn Campaign as Senator Newell endorses him in Iowa

Exactly four weeks from the Iowa caucuses, front runner Andrew Thorn received a massive boost when Colorado Senator Ben Newell endorsed Thorn at a rally in Des Moines, today. Newell was the surprise winner of the 2014 caucuses, and still has a big following in the state.

"Senator Thorn is standing up for the same things I did four years ago, he knows we have to move the debate on, not re-fight the battles of the past, and I am pleased to give him my full endorsement" Newell told the 2,000 strong crowd.

Newell's endorsement is a blow for the Seaborn campaign who have been trying to get's Newell's support right from when he first announced back in March.

Thursday December 14th 2017

Kellner laughs off links to Philadelphia crime family

Former Pennyslvania Governor Mike Kellner and Democratic Presidential contender has come under fire this morning for his supposed links to the infamous "Philadelphia crime family". A story has appeared on-line this morning which claims Kellner when he was the Deputy Attorney General of the state in 1991, dropped charges against three members of the "Stanfa" faction during the 1991 "Second Philadelphia Mafia War". The charges included attempted murder, and money laundering, all charges where dropped when it was decided there was "not enough evidence" the decision was taken by Mike Kellner.

Kellner told reporters this morning "Someone has had to have gone back over a quarter of a century to try and dig up some supposed dirt about me, it's utter rubbish, I can't barely remember the cases in question, it's a nothing story, if the cases where dropped it was because there was no evidence, simple as that".

Last edited:

Sunday December 17th 2017

Three of Big Four will not show political conventions in 2018

ABC, CBS, and NBC will not be broadcasting the entirety of the Republican and Democratic Conventions on live TV. They will be relegating the broadcast to streaming services and other networks owned by them. The ABC will not broadcast the presidential speech since they plan to use that time for planned summer programing. Sources from the three networks stated that the FCC and Justice have been informed and have agreed to allow the networks not to show the conventions on TV as they are still broadcasting the conventions on the internet of other news channels.

A source at ABC stated, "We barely got a million one in 2014. Like any program that does not give us the viewer count we will not broadcast a prgram that .33% of Americans watch. And in all likelihood it's going to be a boring election. Two old white guys running for office. I am certain the party leadership for the GOP likes Shallick over Clark and it is expected Seaborn be the Democratic candidate. In the end those two will be it. It's going to be dull like last time. I feel our decision is wise and legal."

NBS has not stated if they will foloow the other three networks.

BBC.CO.UK/News
December 19th, 2017

Leaks.com leaks US State Department documents, including scaring China...

Earlier today thousands of documents from the American State Department were leaked by Leaks.com these documents included interdepartmental memos, dialogue between the State Department and Ambassadors, and dialogue on an international level.

The Documents leaked to Leaks.com earlier today shows a wide variety of diplomatic cables between powers and embassies. While many of the documents are still yet to be read the BBC has found an interesting series of documents that show that several officials in the Walken state department have been using Qian's and his allies fears of the next president starting a trade war to try and be more malleable to trade talks and possible North Korean as Qian has been reportedly extremely distant with North Korea. The document we have seen relating to these deals have told higher ranking officals in the State Deprtment that letting Qian have his fears about Shallick and other presidential candidates to force Qian to make diplomatic overtures that are more agreeable to American interests.

The major area US State officials are claimed to want to scare China is with Shallick starting a Trade War, Clark starting a real war (on accident), Seaborn playing Bartlest Chess (going against China's economic policies, human rights violations and brinkmanship) with China, and Thorn riding the anti-China bandwagon on human rights, and other unknowns the Chinese are not sure about. The State Department is seen using this tactic to get good deals with China now before the next administration takes office in 2019.

The main concerns in the documents have been over China increasing its military presence Middle East from 120,000 troops to 180,000 troops, the current relationship between Japan and China, and rumors out of North Korea about the health of Supreme Leade Kang Sun-U.

The rumors have been China intends to prop up parties that arm more pro-China that pro-west in Qumar. To do this they may send as many as 60,000 troops into Qumar. China wants to prevent a threat to their oil interests in Qumar.

After tensions were ratcheted at the start of the year, China and Japan are more negotiable, however State fears that it would flare up in an instant if China or North Korea does something provocative to Japan or Japan is provocative to China.

The main concern in the region is the health of Supreme Leader Kang Sun-U of North Korea, it is rumored that Kang did not appear for long at October's Party Foundation Day. It is rumored that Kang The leaked documents suggest if Kang dies his most likely heirs would be his nephew Choi Ji-Hoon and niece Choi Nam-Sun. The Choi siblings would if they succeed their uncle rule together as co-supreme leaders.

The leaks have stated that that part of why the US State Department is pushing China hard as the Choi siblings are going to have to prove something to the much older North Korean Party elite.

The State Departmant released a statement stating that the release of these documents are a violation of State Department protocols and whomever did it will face serious criminal charges.

The Chinese government has yet to release a statement.

We've never written him out of the role but I'd guess logically he'd have moved on by now.

Given he's been in the role since September 2013 and Reince Priebus IRL had it for 6 years, there's still cause to keep Haffley on until at least after the presidential election.

Iowa Small.png

Wednesday December 20th 2017

Democratic Poll
  1. Thorn 35%
  2. Seaborn 26%
  3. Kellner 18%
  4. Robinson 10%
  5. Carner 5%
  6. Stray 4%
  7. Bighorse 1%
Republican Poll
  1. Shallick 34%
  2. Gault 30%
  3. Clark 26%
  4. Durham 10%

New Hampshire Small.png

Wednesday December 20th 2017

Democratic Poll

1. Seaborn 30%
  2. Thorn 28%
  3. Robinson 16%
  4. Kellner 12%
  5. Stray 11%
  6. Carner 2%
  7. Bighorse 1%
Republican Poll
  1. Clark 41%
  2. Shallick 31%
  3. Durham 21%
  4. Gault 7%

Friday December 22nd

Kellner on the back foot as photo emerges of him at the funeral of mob boss

Democratic Presidential contender Michael Kellner was facing further questions today over his links to the Philadelphia crime family as a photo emerged of the former Pennsylvania Governor at the funeral of crime boss Angelo Bruno in 1980.

Kellner was only fifteen at the time can seen on the image which was posted on Social Media sites alongside his Uncle George Kellner who was lawyer in the state during the 1970's and 1980's. The release of the picture comes as polls showing Kellner losing ground in both Iowa and New Hampshire.

Last edited:
Very good, just two minor mistakes, Robert Glenister is Andrew Carter (he was a re-cast way back) & the 2013 Election used OTL 2005 Election seats (646 not 650), it has been changed for the next Election, but still bloody good!!!
Okay, thanks for that. Now I'm back
I'll fix that when I've got time.

iowa-small-png.361354

Saturday December 23rd 2017

Clark campaign turns fire on Gault in Iowa as Vice-President loses ground

The campaign of Vice-President Liz Clark has changed tactics just over two weeks from the Iowa Caucus. With all the polls showing her falling to 3rd place behind Peter Gault and Henry Shallick, the Kansas Governor is now her main target of attack rather than the former White House Chief of Staff.

At a speech in Des Moines on Friday evening she said "I don't always agree with Henry (Shallick), but I respect him, he would be a formidable candidate if he was the nominee, I just believe I am an even better candidate, but I can't say the same for Governor Gault, if he wins the nomination we are handing the Presidency back to the Democrats and which ever big spending ultra liberal they decide to nominate, he will lose in a electoral college landslide".

The Clark Campaign is pushing the fact the their won internal polls have the race basically a three way tie "It's a three-way tie in our own polling" a source within the Clark camp told NBS.

Last edited:
nbs.com, Sunday December 24th

Gault Hits Back At "Desperate" Vice-President

Kansas Governor Peter Gault lashed out at Vice-President Liz Clark tonight in response to the VP's claim that Gault would lose in a landslide if he was to be the nominee.

Speaking at a busy rally near Cedar Rapids, Gault poured scorn on Clark's claims and described the one-time front runner as "desperate". "Once again parts of out party, the career politicians are trying to tell us that the only way to win the White House is to surrender our principles. They said the same when we were told we 'had' to unite behind Arnie Vinick, cause he would win a General Election. How'd that work out? The President is a conservative and he won. He didn't surrender his principles. How the Vice-President can come to the great state of Iowa and tell you great people that your values don't count, I just don't know."

Gault's team are increasingly buoyed by polling with sources close to the campaign saying that enthusiasm on the ground is "overwhelming". There is increasing reasons for optimism in the Gault campaign as mega donors Mitchell and Mary Capel, long time backers of President Walken have pledged their support to Gault. Republican strategist Mike Creavy said that could be game changer if the Governor picks up any momentum "I can't see the Capel's throwing money at Iowa, but if Gault gets past Clark into second they may well open their cheque book in South Carolin and Florida."

The third of the contenders, former White House Chief of Staff Henry Shallick has seen an enormous poll lead in Iowa dwindle as Gault has surged but he spent Christmas Eve near Des Moines. Creavy suggested that Shallick has yielded the conservative North West to Gault and is focusing on bigger cities. "Shallick expected this to be a formality and isn't really equipped to fight a district by district battle with Gault - he can however, turnout voters in the big cities - the trouble for him seems to be that that is also what the Vice-President is trying to do, the Shallick team are deeply concerned that Clark will play spoiler, depress his vote in the big cities and make the race much closer than they wanted."

Creavy offered comfort to the front runner though saying that his fund raising advantage will see him through the first wave of races come what may. "Shallick has more money, more activists, more endorsements. He's been in a no win position in Iowa for months and understandably he's spending most of his money in New Hampshire, South Carolina and Florida."

Last edited:
First off Merry Christmas!

nbs.com, Sunday December 24th

Gault Hits Back At "Desperate" Vice-President

Kansas Governor Peter Gault lashed out at Vice-President Liz Clark tonight in response to the VP's claim that Gault would lose in a landslide if he was to be the nominee.

Speaking at a busy rally near Cedar Rapids, Gault poured scorn on Clark's claims and described the one-time front runner as "desperate". "Once again parts of out party, the career politicians are trying to tell us that the only way to win the White House is to surrender our principles. They said the same when we were told we 'had' to unite behind Arnie Vinick, cause he would win a General Election. How'd that work out? The President is a conservative and he won. He didn't surrender his principles. How the Vice-President can come to the great state of Iowa and tell you great people that your values don't count, I just don't know."

Gault's team are increasingly buoyed by polling with sources close to the campaign saying that enthusiasm on the ground is "overwhelming". There is increasing reasons for optimism in the Gault campaign as mega donors Mitchell and Mary Capel, long time backers of President Walken have pledged their support to Gault. Republican strategist Mike Creavy said that could be game changer if the Governor picks up any momentum "I can't see the Capel's throwing money at Iowa, but if Gault gets past Clark into second they may well open their cheque book in South Carolin and Florida."

The third of the contenders, former White House Chief of Staff Henry Shallick has seen an enormous poll lead in Iowa dwindle as Gault has surged but he spent Christmas Eve near Des Moines. Creamy suggested that Shallick has yielded the conservative North West to Gault and is focusing on bigger cities. "Shallick expected this to be a formality and isn't really equipped to fight a district by district battle with Gault - he can however, turnout voters in the big cities - the trouble for him seems to be that that is also what the Vice-President is trying to do, the Shallick team are deeply concerned that Clark will play spoiler, depress his vote in the big cities and make the race much closer than they wanted."

Creavy offered comfort to the front runner though saying that his fund raising advantage will see him through the first wave of races come what may. "Shallick has more money, more activists, more endorsements. He's been in a no win position in Iowa for months and understandably he's spending most of his money in New Hampshire, South Carolina and Florida."
Creavy not Creamy.

nbs.com, Sunday December 25th, 2017

Chinese Government: The PRC Preparing for possible "Economic Pains" after 2018 election.

The Chinese Foreign Ministry announced today in a special press conference that they are "extremely concerned" about the future of Chinese American Relations. They have stated that the government is planning for the worse case scenarios if American Presidential candidates that would be "very anti-China" are elected to high office. "With Anti-China sentiment in both leading American political parties we are concerned that both parties will run hard against China. One major party would challenge our human rights record and animal rights record while being concerned about our military; the other would oppose for protectionist policies that we are reducing and would want to enact their own, as well as begin a military build up in the region to counter ours."

The Chinese have stated their reason for this as speeches in Iowa, and New Hampshire where candidates have be exteremly critical of China's involvement in Qumar and the Invasion of Kazakhstan and recent economic history. As well as Senator Seaborn critical nature of China's arresting of activists.

In a released statement President Qian Min replied to Senator Seaborn: "I am absolutely furious that an American Senator, a sitting Senator, would defend the rights of terrorists in the People for The Ethical Treatment of Animals. While he did not mention PETA by name he meant PETA. I cannot forgive PETA for nearly killing my daughter and creating civil unrest in China."

Senator Seaborn's campaign replied that he was being critical of China's arrests of pro-democracy advocates and religious rights advocates. Senator Seaborn did not mean PETA.

President Qian did defend the Government's decision at a Communist party event in Fuzhou. "I do not want to prepare for the worst case scenario, however it may prevent the terrifying worst case scenario. We have shared our concerns with America but Walken cannot control what his people do. And if the worst case candidate gets elected to office from either party we'll be ready or the backroom master, the chess master, or the master of American politics. We must be ready for a future that is not as good as I had thought it would be. We doubt that these potential future presidents will give us a real war but a Trade War, while short sighted would be the thing they'd do."

Qian and his government has stated they are watching the American election closely.

iowa-small-png.361354

Thursday December 28th 2017

Clark hit by phone calls over her son's sexuality

With just twelve days until the Iowa Caucus and the polls showing a close fought three way battle between Henry Shallick, Peter Gault and Liz clark, voters have been called by supporters of a group called "Christian Values Now" who have endorsed Kansas Governor Peter Gault. The callers have attacked the Vice-President for letting her son Tom (who is bi-sexual) "becoming corrupted". Robo calls have also been used in the last few days saying "if Vice-President Clark cannot control her son's perverted sexuality, how can she run the country".

The calls have been made after the Vice-President suggested that Governor Gault would lose an General Election in a landslide to any Democratic nominee.
The Gault Campaign have refused to disown the calls saying "Christian Values Now are nothing to do with us" adding though "they are saying many things voters in iowa are saying to the Governor".

Last edited:
Have attached a PDF with all the dates & delegates for both Dems and Republicans.

Attachments

• 2018 Primary Calender Dems&Rep.pdf
    342.6 KB · Views: 239
Status
Not open for further replies.