2010 US Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2017-2-8_14-55-36-png.307359

Saturday March 18th 2017

Senator Casey to make Presidential intentions known in New Hampshire on Sunday

Connecticut Senator Chris Casey is set to make his Presidential intentions known at a press conference to be held in Nashua, New Hampshire tomorrow.

Casey had been poised to jump into the race two weeks ago but then delayed his decision after meeting with New York Senator Andrew Thorn, who believed that Thorn should not run but endorse him instead as the main "anti Seaborn candidate". Polls released yesterday for NBS since Senator Seaborn formally announced his candidacy last Monday show Thorn placed third nationally, but well behind Seaborn and Indiana Senator Rudi Robinson. In a poll of poll on an average of the first six states to vote next year, Thorn is actually in fourth place behind former Pennsylvania Governor Michael Kellner.

Last edited:

Saturday March 18th 2017

Kellner campaign "We are a serious contender for the nomination"

The campaign team for former Pennsylvania Governor Michael Kellner said that it was "delighted" by the first state Presidential polls released by NBS yesterday.
Although behind the front two, Senator's Seaborn and Robinson in the national poll, in fourth place with 10% of the vote behind another Senator, New York's Andrew Thorn, but in the state polls, he is doing well in Michigan where he is actually ahead, and in a strong third place in South Carolina and Nevada.

Kellner was the first Democrat to announce back in December, and his visits to neighbouring Michigan seem to be paying off "Governor Kellner was written off when he entered the race, but in just three months his message is getting through and we believe that we are only going to get stronger once we start the debates and the Governor can show millions of people that he has a proven record of leadership and getting things done rather than just talking and making speeches, like the Senators in the race" which was seen as a clear dig at Senators Seaborn, Robinson & Thorn, before the press release ended with this "we are a serious contender for the nomination".

Saturday March 17th 2017

Bailey "No chance of me running for President"

Oregon Congressman Will Bailey has laughed off rumours that his former boss and political mentor former Vice-President Bob Russell wants him to run for the Presidency.

"I spoke to the Vice-President only a few days ago and a Presidential run wasn't mentioned, and I can that there is no chance of me running for President" and said that he would not be endorsing any candidate prior to the primary campaign. "We have some great candidates running, all of whom could do a great job, but I am not endorsing anyone until the picture is far clearer".

Monday March 20th 2017

Casey passes on Presidential run and endorses Senator Seaborn

Connecticut Senator Chris Casey shocked many people yesterday by his announcement in Nashua, New Hampshire yesterday by announcing that he would not be seeking the Presidency and at the same time endorsing Senator Seaborn, when most observers believed that he would throw his support to New York Senator Andrew Thorn.

Indeed the Thorn campaign believed that Casey was going to do that Saturday when it was becoming clear that Casey was not going to stand "Casey isn't running, and he will endorse Senator Thorn" a Thorn staffer briefed NBS Saturday afternoon, but in a shock turnaround Casey declared "I have thought long and hard about Americans future and my future, I have decided that I will not seek the Democratic Presidential nomination, but I have decided to give my wholehearted support and you folks can this as an endorsement, to Senator Sam Seaborn".

If the press corps was surprised then the Thorn campaign was furious "Senator Casey told Senator Thorn on Friday evening of his decision to run, and said he that he would be endorsing him (Thorn)" adding "this was a public betrayal of a promise made by Senator Casey" but a spokesman for Casey denied that he made such a promise to endorse Thorn "Senator Casey spoke to Senator Thorn on Friday but that was just to tell him he was not running for the nomination, he did not promise to endorse Senator Thorn at any point during that phone call".

nbs.com, Monday March 20th

Thorn Attempts to Play Down Campaign Outburst

Senator Andrew Thorn used an appearance on Capitol Beat this afternoon to attempt to downplay the reaction of his campaign manager Gill Westbrook to the announcement by Connecticut Senator Chris Casey that he was foregoing a run for President to endorse Thorn’s rival Sam Seaborn of California.

Casey, a close ally of Thorn, had apparently agonised over the weekend before sensationally baking the former White Deputy Chief of Staff and presumptive front runner for the Democratic nomination. In response Casey’s odds to be the party’s Vice-Presidential nominee were slashed.

After Westbrook’s outburst where she accused Casey of “betrayal”, Senator Thorn struck a more cordial note in the interview. “I love Gill’s passion, but I think we have to respect Senator Casey’s decision – I don’t agree with him – I strongly believe that I am best placed to take the party forward and end the inequality that the current administration has created. However, I don’t think I have the right to assume anyone’s support.”

Senator Casey is likely to meet Seaborn in New Hampshire this weekend and will be seen as a key surrogate in the Granite State – they will be joined by Governor Liz Bartlet who has already confirmed she will serve as the National Chair of the Seaborn campaign.

Republican Presidential Polls

All polls include declared candidates only. Polling done in the 48 hrs. over this weekend
Polls include voters whom had declared for a candidates, so don't knows are not included.
State polls are for the first six contests prior to "Super-Dupa" Tuesday.

National Poll
  1. Clark 40%
  2. Shallick 35%
  3. Durham 12%
  4. Gault 8%
  5. Schofield 4%
  6. Reed 1%
Iowa
  1. Shallick 40%
  2. Clark 34%
  3. Gault 12%
  4. Durham 8%
  5. Schofield 5%
  6. Reed 1 %
New Hampshire
  1. Clark 42%
  2. Shallick 36%
  3. Durham 14%
  4. Gault 5%
  5. Schofield 2%
  6. Reed 1%
Michigan
  1. Shallick 42%
  2. Clark 37%
  3. Durham 10%
  4. Gault 6%
  5. Schofield 3%
  6. Reed 2%
Nevada
  1. Clark 43%
  2. Shallick 35%
  3. Durham 11%
  4. Gault 7%
  5. Schofield 3%
  6. Reed 1%
South Carolina
  1. Shallick 41%
  2. Clark 36%
  3. Schofield 11%
  4. Durham 7%
  5. Gault 4%
  6. Reed 1%
Florida
  1. Clark 41%
  2. Shallick 36%
  3. Schofield 11%
  4. Durham 8%
  5. Gault 3%
  6. Reed 1%
Poll of Polls (6 six states above)
  1. Clark 38.83%
  2. Shallick 38.33%
  3. Durham 9.66%
  4. Gault 6.16%
  5. Schofield 5.83%
  6. Reed 1%
Notes
Clark has a five point national lead over Shallick.
Shallick leads in three states (Iowa, Michigan & South Carolina), Clark in three states (New Hampshire, Nevada & Florida).
This would give Clark 184 delegates & Shallick 150 delegates.
The average poll of polls in the first six states gives Clark a lead over Shallick of just 0.5%.

Last edited:

Thursday March 30th 2017

Reed withdraws from the Presidential race and endorses Shallick

Former Ohio Governor Mike Reed has confirmed that he is withdrawing from the Presidential race. Reed surprised many by declaring that he would be running for a second time for the Presidency in December, but after almost four months he becomes the first candidate from either party to withdraw.

"It is clear that the polls are not moving in my direction, and today I am withdrawing from my attempt to seek the Republican Presidential nomination" he announced via an e-mail, and then announced "It is clear we need a nominee next year that can carry on the polices of President Walken, a leader who has maturity, a sense of discretion, and a proven capacity who can work for all Americans. I believe that our nominee and our next President should be Henry Shallick, and I told him myself last night of my intention to withdraw today and endorse him".

Last edited:

Sunday April 2nd 2017

Shallick campaign gets major boost with endorsements by Senators Cassidy, Morrison, Carey & Hammond

Henry Shallick received a major boost late Saturday evening when four high profile Republican Senators sent out a e-mail endorsing the former White House Chief of Staff.

The letter said that Shallick "was best placed to carry on President Walken's agenda" and had "more experience in Government than anyone else in the race in either party". The decision of Pennsylvania Senator Carlin Cassidy to give his support to Shallick this early on in the campaign is a surprise but a welcome one for the Shallick campaign. Cassidy, a former TV actor is a favourite of economic Conservatives in the party since being elected in 2012, and is wildly respected by Walken and Shallick especially over his now famous decision to phone the President personally in the few days of the 2014 campaign to tell him to campaign in the state, which Walken then narrowly carried much to the surprise of the pundits.

Senators David Morrison of Louisiana , Fletcher Carey of Arkansas and Dan Hammond of Tennessee also signed the letter.

The letter brought as expected a swift reply from the Shallick press team "The Governor is delighted to get the support of four of our parties most respected Senators, and it shows the length and breath of his support across the Republican party".

Last edited:
capitolbeat.com, Sunday April 2nd

Is Clark Losing Her Party?

Vice-President Liz Clark spent Saturday night in Manchester, New Hampshire, dining with locals and attending a serious of open house events with volunteers but behind the cheerful face her supporters are openly fretting that Clark may be losing the core of her support amongst establishment Republicans.

An announcement by her chief rival, former White House Chief of Staff Henry Shallick that he had secured the endorsement a group of prominent Republican Senators has further enforced a belief by those close to Clark that she is trailing behind her opponent in money and endorsements.

Sources close to Clark are most concerned at Shallick securing the backing of Tennessee’s Dan Hammond and Fletcher Carey of Arkansas - both establishment figures who Clark worked with extensively during her time in the Senate. They were less surprised by Pennsylvania’s Carlin Cassidy who has never been a fan of the Vice-President.

Clark campaign supremo Colt Marchant told reporters on Saturday that this was “nothing to concern us” adding that they expected to role out a host of major endorsers over the next few weeks. “The Vice-President has a lot of fans in every part of the party and every part of the country - we are not wanting for support.”

With Ohio Governor Mike Reed standing aside and throwing his support to the former Missouri Governor and Labor Secretary it certainly appears the Mr Shallick is picking up some strong momentum in the early stages of the race.

Monday April 3rd 2017

NBS confirms two Democratic debates

NBS with it's partner Facebook has confirmed that there will be two Democratic debates on April 13th from Ohio university. With ten declared candidates, NBS has decided to spilt the debate into two debates.

NBS has decided the main debate will involve Sam Seaborn, Rudi Robinson, Michael Kellner, Andrew Thorn and either Hayden Straus or Kurt Carner based on the current polls. NBS has declared it will confirm if Straus or Carner will take in this debate next Monday. The second debate which will be shown first will involve either Straus or Carner, alongside William Garden, Scott Bighorse, Paris Stray and Jeremy Lyons.

NBS said that decision had been to give all ten declared candidates a "fair chance" and that ten candidates on one stage might not mean all candidates would get an chance to put their views in front of the American people.

Last edited:

Tuesday April 4th 2017

Clark endorsed by three Governors

Vice-President Liz Clark's campaign got an unexpected boost this morning when three Republican Governors endorsed her Presidential bid.

In an open e-mail signed by Arizona Governor Scott Phillips, South Dakota Governor Tim Masters, and Tennessee Governor Shane Denham praised the Vice-President as a "true leader" and "clearly the best person to stop the Democrats reserving the huge strides made under the Walken & Clark Administration". It is believed that Denham had been considering his own Presidential run, and would have run had Clark passed.

Clark Campaign Manager Colt Merchant is understood to have met South Carolina Governor Ethan Butler, whom he ran his 2015 Gubernatorial campaign for at the weekend, and the two men are friends and attempted to get an endorsement, but according to sources from within the GOP, Butler said he was remaining netural "for the time being". Most polls have Henry Shallick narrowly ahead of the Vice-President in the Palmetto State.

After the endorsement of Shallick by four high profile Senators, the Clark camp will be happy with these endorsements, although none are really in the first tier, they will still give her flagging campaign a timely boost

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.